Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Doncaster Rovers Matchday Thread  (Read 19542 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:59:53 »

He was in the directors seats today with an earpiece and was communicating with Steve Mildenhall with it from what I could gather.
Probably been done for a while, they might announce it before the end of the season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 20:04:26 »

Are you reading the same comments as me?

People are clearly saying they're fearful he'll just pack up and fuck off because we're a shambles behind the scenes not that they hope he'll fuck off because he is shit.

I haven’t said people want him to fuck off because he’s shit.
They hope he fucks off so they have another stick to beat the club with. Then they can brag about how they told us the club was shambles all along.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 20:21:04 »

The first half was as turgid as any Scott Lindsey team, it was truly fucking dire.

The second half showed some improvement and I thought we were going to sneak it 1-0, but once we conceded the two goals we just didn’t show the determination or will to get back in the game.

My son asked me today, do we have enough points to stay up, I think that shows which way this season is going
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 20:34:53 »

Brand has been on the training ground too.

A smidge different as playing personnel but Town also had spursy lad, Fagin-Dodger or whatever his name was, on the training ground too... Hmmm
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 20:42:26 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 20:49:51 »

I haven’t said people want him to fuck off because he’s shit.
They hope he fucks off so they have another stick to beat the club with. Then they can brag about how they told us the club was shambles all along.
No one has said anything of the sort!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 20:52:18 »

I didn’t realise just how bad our form is.

3 wins since October, which is 3 wins in 13 games. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 20:59:11 »

Quote from: Quagmire
I didn’t realise just how bad our form is.

3 wins since October, which is 3 wins in 13 games. 

neither did I. thanks for that
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 21:09:22 »

Based on our last 100 games in league 2 we're about on par where we should be.

* IMG_4467.PNG (342.04 KB, 1456x1740 - viewed 111 times.)

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 21:11:23 »

Between Sutton (H) 13th September and Mansfield (A) 29th October we won 7 league games out of 10, losing only to Stevenage and Northampton (although we also lost two FL Trophy games in that run)

The game after that was Stockport in the FA Cup which more or less broke us - that's the start of Quagmire's 3 in 13 run, 12 in the league plus the FA Cup exit. We've failed to score in six of those games, scored 12, conceded 18.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 21:12:11 »

*I really hope Jody Morris fucks off so I have another stick to beat the club with. Then I can brag about how I've told all of you that the club is a shitshow all along!

I hope that satisfies DiVs appetite enough to now justify his narrative and we can all move on. I can see where he might be coming from - even if NO ONE has actually seriously stated the above.

*I genuinely do not want this to happen, what might be different is that I felt Morris would be a better No.2 but as others have stated, I think we all want him to do well and be a success whilst he's here. But there is a caveat/feeling that he may walk if he hasn't been given the resource he has asked for/was guaranteed/agreed to sign when negotiating becoming Town manager. That's it. I wouldn't mind one bit if Jody Morris took Town all the way to the Champions League Final within 6 or 7 years as manager but I think there is a higher chance he would walk before the seasons end than that happening

'Incessant Nonsense'

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 21:14:54 »

Between Sutton (H) 13th September and Mansfield (A) 29th October we won 7 league games out of 10, losing only to Stevenage and Northampton (although we also lost two FL Trophy games in that run)

The game after that was Stockport in the FA Cup which more or less broke us - that's the start of Quagmire's 3 in 13 run, 12 in the league plus the FA Cup exit. We've failed to score in six of those games, scored 12, conceded 18.

7 of them 18 have been in the last 3 games, which is worrying.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 21:17:43 »

Last 10 games

* IMG_4468.PNG (415.45 KB, 1536x1581 - viewed 90 times.)

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 21:26:55 »

Based on our last 100 games in league 2 we're about on par where we should be.

That's quite an interesting stat Jimmy and I guess covers all of 19/20 season, all of 21/22 season and this season (22/23) to date?

I guess 19/20 season probably skews that a smidge and I feel last season and this season seem more similarly matched...these two seasons also seem very similar to the Flitcroft season. If only in whereabouts Town might finish this season.

Still hopeful of Town finishing in the POs due to how wank the division is but it'll be a glaring indictment of where the club are at currently, if we do indeed consider how poor the league really is.

PS: Is that last paragraph also me laying the seed to bash the club if they don't make the POs?! Possibly so but it definitely isn't me saying I want the manager to walk is it? Just making sure Smiley

I think anyone on here who was to accept a finish outside of the PO spots was a good thing or decent would be very disappointing to read imo.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 21:27:23 »

7 of them 18 have been in the last 3 games, which is worrying.
Think its 6 not 7 but coincides with old MacDonald, Gladwin and Reed all disappearing.

Awful transfer business, utterly clueless.   You can't expect kids who've played a handful of games to be consistent enough to get you promoted.   They need people to mentor and guide them.

Today, the 1st half was as boring as I've ever seen.  Just do not understand how they expect 10k people to pay for that every week.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 21:32:01 »

Gilingham - 3
Newport - 2
Doncaster - 2
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: