Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Doncaster Rovers Matchday Thread  (Read 19554 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:58:39 »

I’m resigned to another season in League 2.

We simply don’t have the right mix of players to challenge, and it’s no surprise Morris has pointed out on several occasions we are short. Cain and Kadji is a midfield pairing which would thrive in development football but just isn’t going to get you out of League 2. Darcy is a nothing footballer for me, at best would be cheap back up but he should not be starting.

We are disjointed at the back playing a LB at centre half , inexcusably sold and failed to replace our captain who was the experienced, ‘no nonsense’ type we were all crying out for last season and Iandolo has gone so far backwards it’s ridiculous.

Wakeling really shouldn’t be playing this much football, he’s suffering for it but we just don’t have any other options.

Austin’s performance mirrored Jephcott under Lindsey - completely starved of service.

We’ll have some false dawns no doubt with positive results here and there, but Morris will have worked miracles if he gets this side into the play offs.

I didn’t think we’d see a worse transfer window than last summer, but I think we’ve managed to achieve that on the early evidence…
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:04:04 »

Ugh. I agree with Chang.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:05:49 »

I’m resigned to another season in League 2.

We simply don’t have the right mix of players to challenge, and it’s no surprise Morris has pointed out on several occasions we are short. Cain and Kadji is a midfield pairing which would thrive in development football but just isn’t going to get you out of League 2. Darcy is a nothing footballer for me, at best would be cheap back up but he should not be starting.

We are disjointed at the back playing a LB at centre half , inexcusably sold and failed to replace our captain who was the experienced, ‘no nonsense’ type we were all crying out for last season and Iandolo has gone so far backwards it’s ridiculous.

Wakeling really shouldn’t be playing this much football, he’s suffering for it but we just don’t have any other options.

Austin’s performance mirrored Jephcott under Lindsey - completely starved of service.

We’ll have some false dawns no doubt with positive results here and there, but Morris will have worked miracles if he gets this side into the play offs.

I didn’t think we’d see a worse transfer window than last summer, but I think we’ve managed to achieve that on the early evidence…

I feel the same and deflated.

We were so deprived of wide players in the squad today and that's all I'm clinging to for the rest of the season.

shade, lavinier, Khan, and tomlinson would have changed the starting 11/bench.

The one remaining positive is Morris on the training pitch- time to prove yourself!

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:18:44 »

What the fuck is going on with this Ed Brand situation?

He was in the directors seats today with an earpiece and was communicating with Steve Mildenhall with it from what I could gather.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:25:03 »

Quote from: DiV
In this very thread.
Not in the sense they don’t think he’ll be a good manager but in the sense it’ll be more fuel to add to their fire about how shit & tinpot this football club is and how SdM is worse than Hitler etc etc

I don't read it they way. More just worried the shambles will see it happen.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:31:25 »

I do wonder why Brand would leave an elite academy role at a club who have the best faculties working with most talented young footballers around to come here as a No2

So, give no fucks
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:35:37 »

I do wonder why Brand would leave an elite academy role at a club who have the best faculties working with most talented young footballers around to come here as a No2
A route into first team football?
A reunion with the man he worked closely with previously?
More money (?)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:37:12 »

What I’d love to know how Gunning made this team so unLindsey like for two games and then the new manager comes in and we’ve regressed into that possession for possessions sake team.

I want to be positive about Morris but that is the most worrying thing for me.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:37:26 »

Positives from today

We did get crosses in much earlier than under Lindsey and on another day would have had more success.
Cain has a free kick to match Read.
Clayton getting 90 mins

Negatives
4-2-3-1 didn’t work and this was blindingly obvious but morris didn’t change it until it was to late.
Lack of effort - the team really didn’t put ina shift and we’re rightly booed off
Cain and Clayton had a bit of a mare particularly in first half.
We so miss khan as midfield is to soft.
Wakeling and Darcy on pitch at same time leaves us way to light physicality wise.

The manner of the defeat is what is more worrying I can forgive many things but they laid nothing on the line today it was a meek and pathetic performance.

Doncaster well they didn’t look great but they did work hard and constantly pressed up top making it hard for us to get out.  We on the other hand had Charlie expected to do same on his own.

Mid table mediocrity this season unfortunately
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:38:45 »

A route into first team football?
A reunion with the man he worked closely with previously?
More money (?)

Possibly right on all three although I would be surprised if he got more money here but I wouldn't really have a clue on comparison salaries.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:42:23 »

What the fuck is going on with this Ed Brand situation?

If I had to guess the same with Garner to Charlton, announcing Austin, announcing Morris, not getting the paperwork in on the Spurs CB.......dithering and shit/no admin.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:42:30 »

I don't like excuses, but it is fair to say we are pretty limited in choices and changes we could make.

Personally I'd have put a more orthodox 2 up in wakeling and Austin and brought Darcy back into midfield 5 (3-5-2).  But maybe they'd be tripping over each other.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:45:52 »

Yeah let’s hope he walks away.
Useless cunt.
100% losing record.

…people saying what a good appointment he was two weeks ago now people gagging for him to go - just so they can have something else to use to moan about the club.

Think a lot of you prefer it when we are shit and things aren’t going well.
Probably miss Lee Power.

Are you reading the same comments as me?

People are clearly saying they're fearful he'll just pack up and fuck off because we're a shambles behind the scenes not that they hope he'll fuck off because he is shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:46:10 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod
If I had to guess the same with Garner to Charlton, announcing Austin, announcing Morris, not getting the paperwork in on the Spurs CB.......dithering and shit/no admin.

I can't see it being that simple given the efl are also being consulted.

my opinion is that either we are mandated to get fa approval on everything, or we are in disagreement with Chelsea over compo/release terms .

never really bought the spurs CB thing. Or rather not totally. There had to be a reason we were late, wage cap or similar. Or maybe they remembered we fucked them over with the luongo sell on!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 19:54:26 »

No one has said they want him to go. They think he MAY go though.

Stop trying to fit it to a narrative that you seem to think is prevalent when it is not. People can think some elements aren't too great whilst also recognising some are. The sheer limitations of your (and others) capacity at being able to understand this is seemingly incredulous.

Purely looking for rises from people who haven't even stated 'I WANT Morris to walk' or similar but for some reason you trying to state that they have. Odd.

This
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: