Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 290894 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1935 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 05:56:19 »

Where have you heard the other two have turned us down?
Only places I have read are here, Adver site and Twitter (with names I recognise from here)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1936 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 06:12:07 »

There’s nothing in the Adver about prospective managers turning us down. Stuff on here is just regurgitated social media that pops up from the usual spurious ITK sources.

So, in effect, nobody has actually turned us down.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1937 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 06:56:11 »

Thought that was the end of next week
17th
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1938 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 07:45:40 »

There’s nothing in the Adver about prospective managers turning us down. Stuff on here is just regurgitated social media that pops up from the usual spurious ITK sources.

So, in effect, nobody has actually turned us down.
Comments from people on the Adver story about betting odds being reopened. Plus the last few pages.

The fact I'm not in the selection process means I don't fucking know anything for sure. But, I assume noble intent from those posting shit.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1939 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:00:49 »

Are Clem and Rob both lying?

Serious question.

Wow that could be an accusation- I hope not and I am putting my trust in their statement.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1940 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:03:57 »

17th

Plenty of time.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1941 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:05:51 »

Deja vu. Uncertainty before the start of a season.   Roll Eyes
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1942 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:38:36 »

Deja vu. Uncertainty before the start of a season.   Roll Eyes
Worked out ok last time.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1943 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:40:31 »

Worked out ok last time.

So you are saying lightening doesn't strike twice and we are in for a poor season?

#pessimism

Worked out ok last time.

So you are saying with an increased budget and a manager with more flexible  tactics we'll be champions by Christmas?

#optimist
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #1944 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:41:49 »

Worked out ok last time.

It could and arguably should have been better - Garner out.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1945 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:56:41 »

So you are saying lightening doesn't strike twice and we are in for a poor season?

#pessimism

So you are saying with an increased budget and a manager with more flexible  tactics we'll be champions by Christmas?

#optimist
I'm saying we had uncertainty this time last year and the club survived. We brought in enough players to make a competitive team. We were at the opposite end of the table to what most thought and in the end we had a chance to get promoted.

If we did that every year, I think I would be happy.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1946 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 09:07:37 »

From a TalkSport journo

‘Birmingham City coach Paul Harsley is a contender for the manager's job at #STFC. One of several young coaches they are looking at.’
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #1947 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 09:46:27 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/club-update-on-search-for-head-coach/

Sounds like could be a little while still, this communicating malarkey is still a bit strange.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #1948 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 09:48:33 »

Club News
Club Update On Search For Head Coach
Latest from SN1

Just now

Sponsored by

@Official_STFC

Swindon Town Football Club wish to provide an update to our fans on the search for a new First-Team Head Coach.

While we are aware that preseason is due to start in a couple of weeks, the club is committed to finding the right candidate for the job.

We are looking for an individual who will play an expansive and attractive brand of football, develop young players, provide a pathway between the Academy and the first-team and engage with our fans and the local community.

We want someone who is invested in the long-term project at the Football Club, and we are committed to finding that individual.

Again, we understand the need and the urgency to recruit a new Head Coach with preseason only a couple of weeks away, and we want to thank all of our fans for their continued support and patience.

Swindon Town's Technical Director, Sandro Di Michele, expanded on what the club is looking for in a Head Coach and why this can't be a rushed process.

"We have identified a strong shortlist of candidates who fit the profile we are looking for," Sandro said. "We have a clear philosophy for Swindon Town Football Club and it is vital that the successful candidate is fully aligned with this.

"They must be comfortable working in a modern structure with a Technical Director and a data driven recruitment strategy.

"We will do the process diligently to find the right person. The successful candidate will have the same footballing philosophy as that of myself and Clem and the rest of the leadership team. We will not deviate or move away from our core principles as this is what we believe will drive success at Swindon Town Football Club.

“We will update you all in due course.

"COYR."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1949 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 09:51:02 »

All seems fair enough. Sounds like nothing imminent from that.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: