Pages: 1 ... 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1227786 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #8565 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 12:13:24 »

Forcing underpaid and underfunded NHS and Care staff to have the jab or pretty much lose their job really doesn’t sit right with me, we spent the last year saying how brilliant they are now we are almost blackmailing them.

The more and read and hear about it the more it angers me.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8566 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 12:26:14 »

Forcing underpaid and underfunded NHS and Care staff to have the jab or pretty much lose their job really doesn’t sit right with me, we spent the last year saying how brilliant they are now we are almost blackmailing them.

I think I started in a similar position, but I've sort of softened since. I think it's quite hard to square working with the NHS with essentially standing against science and medicine (assuming there are reasonable exemptions if anyone is medically advised against it). Not really comfortable with either position really, but evidence seems to be that mandates do actually work, and the numbers that will walk out/quite are dramatically overstated compared to what you end up with.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #8567 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 12:32:51 »

Not aimed at you Quagmire, so apologies for the term 'you', but if you work in the NHS/Care and don't want the jab, then what the hell are you doing there? You'll have seen yourself the difference vaccinations have made to the number and severity of cases, first hand. Rejecting it for yourself is either mind bogglingly daft or you're in the wrong profession.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8568 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 12:43:56 »

I believe most, if not all, NHS Trusts already require quite a few Immunisations for their staff.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8569 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 12:45:55 »

'Stay home, save lives, protect the NHS'

Isn't the jab there for a reason?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8570 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 12:48:06 »

If they aren’t vaccinated it would make it difficult to ever pedal out the ‘protect the NHS’ line again if they aren’t even protecting themselves…
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8571 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 15:09:12 »

Im confused as to why they are waiting till April? Reeks to me of using the staff for the busy period then fucking them off to be honest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8572 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 15:21:02 »

Quote from: tans
Im confused as to why they are waiting till April? Reeks to me of using the staff for the busy period then fucking them off to be honest

to allow them to get both jabs with the 12 week gap
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #8573 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 15:40:46 »

Not having the jab is basically saying fuck you to the rest of society. All those twats who didn't let their kids have the NMR didn't have to face the hundreds of parents whose kids died of measles. If you work for the NHS - get with the programme. The vaccine has saved thousands of lives, if you don't want the jab, fine, but you aren't going to be able to spread it in hospitals or care homes. Get another job.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8574 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 19:44:46 »

Not having the jab is basically saying fuck you to the rest of society. All those twats who didn't let their kids have the NMR didn't have to face the hundreds of parents whose kids died of measles. If you work for the NHS - get with the programme. The vaccine has saved thousands of lives, if you don't want the jab, fine, but you aren't going to be able to spread it in hospitals or care homes. Get another job.

This 100%. Ignorant selfish fucking bastards all of them. This country, no, the world has suffered enough at the hands of this fucking virus, irrespective of where it originated from. Every country, yes every country has made errors in their own attempts to put out the fire of an indiscriminate microscopic killer. For individuals working in our health, care and allied services to shun this life changing get out of jail or parachute harness of a safety net is despicable.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8575 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 19:51:35 »

We have one at work a guy mind 40's refuses to get vaccinated because he dosen't know what's going into his body, smokes like a trooper and been self isolating on nine separate occasions because he's been pinged or even taking the mick.

So, give no fucks
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #8576 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 19:57:26 »

As a front line NHS worker myself I do and don't agree.
I do believe every individual should have the choice to get the vaccine and no it shouldn't be forced upon them BUT in the same breath WHY aren't they having it? Some say I've had covid I'm fine. Some don't believe in the vaccine yet deliver antibiotics everyday. All in all when they're working with very sick people, some with covid and all they're continuing to do is put others at risk and at harm of this deadly virus.

The flip side is all this bullshit spread from the anti-vaxers. The lies they've spread regarding what the vaccine can do to you etc. This has scared the many into not receiving the vaccines.

Numbers which are being put into the press should really be broken down into facts.
Such as the week leading upto Oct half term, 90% of new covid cases were children aged 11 to 18. Over 90% of deaths in the same week were the un-vaccinated. Yet these numbers are not published and I don't know why??

Hospitalisations. Why not publish the figures of people being admitted to hospital for Covid reasons that are vaccinated or not. These are the figures I would like to see.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8577 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 20:00:30 »

I've just had the virus like a few on here, double vaccinated and so glad I was as who knows how ill I may have become.

So, give no fucks
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #8578 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 20:04:51 »

I've just had the virus like a few on here, double vaccinated and so glad I was as who knows how ill I may have become.

We've had so many come into ED for other minor cases and with each admission get swabbed as routine and they come back positive yet completely asymptomatic because they've been jabbed.
who knows what would happen if they hadn't have been?!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8579 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 20:08:05 »

We had a big outbreak at work and many were late 50's getting close to their booster jab. Maybe the vaccine was getting weak within our immune system but I guess we will never know

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: