Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Warning For Anyone Who Drives Through Lechlade  (Read 2005 times)
One F In Fitton

« on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:21:21 »

Easter Monday 2007 was the day that we got stuck in Lechlade en route to a home match with Torquay. It was rammed with people who could think of fuck-all else to do on a bank holiday. Absolute gridlock and we ended up having to drive all over the place, down single-track roads & all sorts. We missed a lot of the game, including Town's 1st goal (Sturrock!), and it was maddening.

Chances are it won't be so bad tomorrow, but I just wanted to put a warning on here for anyone that normally goes that way. It's via Faringdon for me tomorrow......
stfcinbmth

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:36:38 »

I can't find any travelling companions to share the cost for tomorrow, so looks like I'll have to stick to my original plan of saving my dosh for the Walsall game
One F In Fitton

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:47:23 »

I can't find any travelling companions to share the cost for tomorrow, so looks like I'll have to stick to my original plan of saving my dosh for the Walsall game

That's a pity. You could go out & syphon some fuel in the small hours?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:52:44 »

That's a pity. You could go out & syphon some fuel in the small hours?

I don't like the taste

One F was it you that mentioned you were speaking to some guys from Bournemouth at a game?
One F In Fitton

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:02:48 »

I don't like the taste

One F was it you that mentioned you were speaking to some guys from Bournemouth at a game?

Yeh sat next to them at St Marys, and have since seen them in the Town End car park. Pretty sure they're regular attendees, that's why I thought I'd put up the appeal on your behalf.
Tans Wig

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:16:23 »

One F think we may do Faringdon as well. Do you know if they have finished resurfacing the bridge yet? Had to detour through Coleshill for the last home game because of that. (We travel fron C/Norton)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:16:58 »

Would you care to pass on my number if you see them again?
One F In Fitton

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:29:05 »

Would you care to pass on my number if you see them again?

Absolutely - I'd be more than happy to. I'll look out for a pm?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:38:03 »

PM sent
One F In Fitton

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:40:03 »

One F think we may do Faringdon as well. Do you know if they have finished resurfacing the bridge yet? Had to detour through Coleshill for the last home game because of that. (We travel fron C/Norton)

On the A420? I've just checked BBC for the latest on road disruptions and there's no mention of it, so I reckon we're fine.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 20:43:40 »

I don't like the taste

i go to bournemouth uni and drive back weekends regularly. usually in swindon for a few days tho which wouldnt be helpful to you for home games but away games can be looked into. (just not tomorrow unfortunately)

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 22:24:45 »

i went to a free rave in lechlade over easter.it was 1991 and the place got shut down.not when you refer to, but the field as you leave lechlade with the trout farm to your right was where it was at.
good times.
i hope you got blocked off for similar reasons...
One F In Fitton

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 22:35:28 »

i went to a free rave in lechlade over easter.it was 1991 and the place got shut down.not when you refer to, but the field as you leave lechlade with the trout farm to your right was where it was at.
good times.
i hope you got blocked off for similar reasons...

I remember that rave like it was yesterday - probably half of Witney went to it. It often gets mentioned when we drive past that field.

Nope it was just boring fucks with nothing better to do.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: