Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A question ref: Walsall's allocation  (Read 3846 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:46:38 »

Do you have a problem with the board for giving Walsall the usual away allocation.

Been on this is and it seems only myself and another seem to think this is fair enough, everyone else wants blood, i just don't understand it.

No one was moaning at the City/Rovers/Forest matches in recent years, or the Brighton match!!
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:50:18 »

yes I do because they must have known that Swindon fans would want more than usual as well for this game

look after your own first

reason being - I know they are fairweather fans - but they may become more regular - but if they cant get the tickets to go in the first place they arent EVER going to come again

i think that made sense ...just about
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:51:21 »

Nope mate

The seats they have been given have always been allocated for away fans.

If 11,000 Swindon fans cannot out sing 3500 Walsall fans on such a day then there is something very seriously wrong IMHO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:52:36 »

if we could have filled the bank with town fans, which seems very likely.then why give it to away fans?
surely a larger and more intimidating home crowd is only a good thing for us?
but at the time tickets were released,the significance of saturdays game wasn't known.i think?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:54:23 »

Id rather see it full of Swindon or the whole of the Arkells as Swindon which I think we could have sold easily.Too many proper fans are missing out because of the glory hunters and Swindon fans should have been put first.City ,Rovers and Forest weren't sell outs in the home end .I think demand has taken many people by suprise to be honest.

Im not up in arms about it and see why it was done but why hand the slightest crumb of an advantage in such an important game?

/
W56196272
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:55:16 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Nope mate

The seats they have been given have always been allocated for away fans.

If 11,000 Swindon fans cannot out sing 3500 Walsall fans on such a day then there is something very seriously wrong IMHO

Well said Fred.

(If you say that really fast it sounds like a famous pop group from the 90's who the lead singer of looks like the guy who used to present crystal maze.)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:55:38 »

But what about the Brighton match, people were queuing as far back as Halfords for tickets for that match but we gave Broghton the normal away allocation.

I can't see the logic behind slagging off the board for this.  They weren't to know a month ago, when I assume the decision was made to give Walsall the normal allocation that we'd have just had over 10,000 swindon fans at the mansfield match and that the Walsall gam ewould be a sell out.

We're in danger of slagging the board off for everything which at the end of the day will undermine the real reason we're pissed off with them, they won't sell to BP.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:57:28 »

Quote from: "janaage"

We're in danger of slagging the board off for everything which at the end of the day will undermine the real reason we're pissed off with them, they won't sell to BP.

100% agree with that.

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:58:34 »

I cant remember the Brighton game or getting a ticket for it :?

/
W56196272
Oakhurst Red

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 11:07:47 »

You keep referring to the Brighton match to back your arguement up - but for the Brighton play-off game we only gave them the bank and we had the whole of the Arkells.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 11:13:02 »

Quote from: "Oakhurst Red"
You keep referring to the Brighton match to back your arguement up - but for the Brighton play-off game we only gave them the bank and we had the whole of the Arkells.

i forgot that.good point
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 11:27:02 »

no. to be fair they could win the title. it would be harsh to deprive them of all their allocation for such a big game
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 11:28:11 »

i would like to have seen us have all of the Arkells and give Warsaw the Bank. 2100 is more than enough for them considering they average 1k for away matches.

But people complaining about not having a ticket should have sorted it a long time ago and not last minute.
Everyone knows someone who could have got them a ticket if they never had time etc

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 11:32:21 »

We'll never outsing them.

For one, none of the stands are able to sing with each other, the only time I've EVER seen that happen was against Mansfield. The chavs in the corner of the Nationwide insist on clapping as fast as they can, and every single song we sing seems to speed up as it goes on.

The Town End and the two sides of the North and South Stands will give it a go, but all the Walsall fans will be packed together. Only thing working in our favour is that it's hard to create an atmosphere in the bank anyway, due it to it being open.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 11:34:02 »

Quote from: "Tails"
We'll never outsing them.

For one, none of the stands are able to sing with each other, the only time I've EVER seen that happen was against Mansfield. The chavs in the corner of the Nationwide insist on clapping as fast as they can, and every single song we sing seems to speed up as it goes on.

The Town End and the two sides of the North and South Stands will give it a go, but all the Walsall fans will be packed together. Only thing working in our favour is that it's hard to create an atmosphere in the bank anyway, due it to it being open.

i've always found the bank to be quite loud when it's full and everyone sings.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: