Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 543778 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3390 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 10:37:23 »

I thought he was commenting on 'what ifs' rather than any tangable doubts

I hope that's all it is, but as this whole saga unfolds I fear the worst.
DoB has given us some positivity with his optimism and I have taken his word that things are going well and in the right direction. For him to then declare if ir doesn't go through we're finished I took that as there is a potential stumbling block. Pessimist in me sets off alarm bells at the thought of this going south.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3391 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 10:42:47 »

Can we ban the acronym ITK please? It’s pretty clear throughout this process the only people giving us concrete info are the trust members on here.

Is it though? 2 or 3 days ago it was all imminent and to me that's as close to immediate as your going to get.
Duke has given us snippets in the past that have come to fruition so he does have some inside knowledge. However if it upsets you I'll no longer use the term  "ITK" and only listen to the trust.  Thumb
Flashheart

« Reply #3392 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 10:43:05 »

Of course there are potential stumbling blocks. There always is, but that does not mean there's going to be a problem.

It's Saturday. Stop looking for things to worry about and have a beer and/or shag the misses or something.

I've got a chip butty going and then I'm going to start demolishing a bottle of gin.
kaufman

« Reply #3393 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 10:46:25 »

Is it though? 2 or 3 days ago it was all imminent and to me that's as close to immediate as your going to get.
Duke has given us snippets in the past that have come to fruition so he does have some inside knowledge. However if it upsets you I'll no longer use the term  "ITK" and only listen to the trust.  Thumb

It was slightly tongue in cheek. I need to lighten up. My point is all we are waiting for is the EFL and it’s suddenly hit me that there’s no point thinking about anything else until that comes to its conclusion.
The trust have access to the lawyers. Others do not.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3394 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 10:57:48 »

It was slightly tongue in cheek. I need to lighten up. My point is all we are waiting for is the EFL and it’s suddenly hit me that there’s no point thinking about anything else until that comes to its conclusion.
The trust have access to the lawyers. Others do not.

As Flash has stated above, we all need to try and relax but this could be the end for the foreseeable future if this doesn't work out. I can't forge an allegiance to another team and not having Saturdays for football is numb.
I cannot commit to attending every game due to working alternate weekends and weekday fixtures are a twat to get to after work due to travel times, but in order to help the club out I will buy a season ticket, the first for 20 years.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #3395 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 12:13:34 »

Clem spoke to me in a dream last night.

The scenario was a pre-season friendly v The Pox and for some reason I was dressed in a Pox kit (unclean! unclean!). No one knew if the game was on but we trudged towards the pitch, which was at the end of a grassy track rutted with tractor tracks and through a farm gate.

Clem turned to me and said: “The first thing I’m going to do is gravel the driveway.”

I’m taking this to mean that Clem will successfully take ownership but we should temper our expectations for grand plans and ambitious projects.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 12:59:23 by leftside » Logged
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3396 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 12:47:38 »

I fully expect Clem to prioritise things and sincerely hope the dodgy scoreboard and ropy PA system is top of the pile 😂
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #3397 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 12:50:53 »

Come spoke to me in a dream last night.

Come turned to me and said: “The first thing I’m going to do is gravel the driveway.”

Was that a cross-come-shot?

I come from a land down-under
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #3398 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 13:01:05 »

Was that a cross-come-shot?
My lack of proof reading. Doh!

Apologies Dream Clem!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3399 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 15:27:34 »

Any trust members in? I’d like to ask a question please?

« Last Edit: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 18:22:27 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3400 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 19:18:40 »

As Flash has stated above, we all need to try and relax but this could be the end for the foreseeable future if this doesn't work out. I can't forge an allegiance to another team and not having Saturdays for football is numb.
I cannot commit to attending every game due to working alternate weekends and weekday fixtures are a twat to get to after work due to travel times, but in order to help the club out I will buy a season ticket, the first for 20 years.

I've got 8 cans of Thatchers in the fridge, I'm relaxed  Smiley
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3401 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:17:26 »

I've got 8 cans of Thatchers in the fridge, I'm relaxed  Smiley

Fair play to you, if only it was that easy..
I live too far from Swindon and it was too long ago to have any real contacts or links to the town. My experience is from my trips to town to watch the football, then my mate from work who's cousin became the manager (Sheridan)  was excited but became very gutted, he knew very little about the ongoing shite but knew his uncle was hated and he said his uncle hated the hierarchy and where the club was going but told to crack on. I'm not defending Sheridan but he was told who and how to play. I know Power will stop at nothing to save his own skin and make a quick buck. Sheridan knew we were getting relegated and could do nothng about it because he had orders. Now I'm not saying Power enforced relegation but he knew we were going down months before it happened.
Hence why I'm sceptical and pessimistic about this takeover.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:20:46 by skiptotheLouMacari » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3402 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:19:56 »

But he could have quite easily have walked like the others.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3403 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:24:13 »

Sheriden must have been paid well then to keep his mouth shut and continue if true

So, give no fucks
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3404 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:24:56 »

But he could have quite easily have walked like the others.
I said/asked that to my mate, he said why would you when you're guarranteed a wage for just doing as you're told. I don't know how much of this is true or fluffed up but it all rings true and went the way he said it would.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: