Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 543799 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2745 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:21:37 »

don't even ..
Never say never...

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2746 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:25:34 »

We might be grateful once went see who Clem lines up!

So, give no fucks
Lethbridge70

Ignore
« Reply #2747 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 21:18:45 »

So from the deafening silence,I guess that Power has not come up with the documents needed in exchange for the payment from Axis.

Maybe such document will either stop him from making more money or possibly incriminate him in the future or why else would he be dragging his heels.

His sabotage was bad enough keeping Sheridan in place for that length of time and it seems he is sabotaging the club again,with the clock ticking on pre season planning.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2748 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 21:25:49 »

I guess not yet

keeping an eye on the courts, nothing tomorrow..
Flashheart

« Reply #2749 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 21:30:24 »

The trust said it would be going to court this week if necessary.

So, maybe not seeing a case listed (I've been keeping an eye on it as well) is good news?

Or maybe not.

Hope that helps.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #2750 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 21:39:31 »

Absolute best case scenario in terms of court would be thurs/fri at the earliest IMO.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2751 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 21:39:51 »

No news is no news, as they say.

I'd imagine a court date is already pencilled in for Thursday or Friday to give more time to resolve things outside of court.
Lethbridge70

Ignore
« Reply #2752 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 10:59:54 »

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/july/efl-statement-swindon-town/

EFL Statement
Hunk

« Reply #2753 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:07:11 »

‘ Mr Morfuni has now made an application to the EFL for prior approval in accordance with the EFL’s Regulations before determining whether to take up that option’.

Does this mean he’s just waiting for EFL approval before the final sign off? That could be a big deal, or am I misunderstanding?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2754 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:14:49 »

Hasn't he already been through fit an proper person and all that jazz, or did I imagine that!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2755 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:16:07 »

‘ Mr Morfuni has now made an application to the EFL for prior approval in accordance with the EFL’s Regulations before determining whether to take up that option’.

Does this mean he’s just waiting for EFL approval before the final sign off? That could be a big deal, or am I misunderstanding?

Would need to coincide with the share transfer however once that final box is ticked and the EFL ratify then all can be announced including new manager and all.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #2756 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:19:44 »

Hasn't he already been through fit an proper person and all that jazz, or did I imagine that!

Hi Horlock, you're right, he has, to become a Director.
I believe the "Test" to become an owner proper is different and more stringent (although many would question the EFLs record on stringency).

No reason to suggest he won't pass the test. Think it's another governance step to tick off.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Hunk

« Reply #2757 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:26:47 »

Would need to coincide with the share transfer however once that final box is ticked and the EFL ratify then all can be announced including new manager and all.

Thanks. I was slightly worried at first glance by the wording here:

‘before determining whether to take up that option’, as it suggested to me that he may be umming and aahing about whether to take up the option at all. But if it’s just a case of waiting for EFL approval before that final sign off then I needn’t be worried, and that is how it reads to me now I’ve looked again
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2758 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:32:43 »

The ever helpful Sun journalist has tweeted 'that's never a quick process' with an embarrassed and thinking smiley emoji.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hunk

« Reply #2759 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:34:02 »

Hi Horlock, you're right, he has, to become a Director.
I believe the "Test" to become an owner proper is different and more stringent (although many would question the EFLs record on stringency).

No reason to suggest he won't pass the test. Think it's another governance step to tick off.

Lee Power passed the test, and although nobody could’ve predicted how bad things would become, there was enough in his background to at least be wary and yet he passed with no problem. Seems to be a completely pointless box ticking exercise.

If I recall correctly didn’t Power have to show some paperwork with some money on it, but with no obligation to actually keep that money in the club? Or am I just deliriously rambling?
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: