Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40340 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:09:28 »

And why the fuck does it matter? It's a football club, who gives a toss about what political views he has. It has nothing to do with football. Stop being a whiny little bitch.

Behave yourself....
Coca Fola

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:17:14 »

I think he's trying to have it both ways - fascist for the home crowd who love it, just fascist-curious for the foreign press. It's pathetically transparent, like Nick Griffin trying to deny his conviction for anti-Semitic racism, long history of Holocaust denial etc and I can't believe people are so desparate to have this psycho in charge of our club they're prepared to kid themselves to this extent
You seem to have an unhealthy hatred of the man. Perhaps its you with the extreme views?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:20:07 »

And why the fuck does it matter? It's a football club, who gives a toss about what political views he has. It has nothing to do with football. Stop being a whiny little bitch.

Would it bother you if a convicted sex offender was appointed manager?
Coca Fola

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:20:43 »

Behave yourself....
Annoyed with ignorant people with ignorant views. They can't accept that they're wrong.
Coca Fola

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:21:11 »

Would it bother you if a convicted sex offender was appointed manager?
Yep because that is a vile crime.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:21:16 »

Is Di Canio a convicted anything then? Poor comparison Si expect better from you.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:25:13 »

People do and say things in the heat of the moment, often without thinking of the consequences.

Paolo Di Canio was a 100% committed player with every club he turned out for, but imagine what it would be like playing for the team you idolised as a youngster and in front of people that were directly from your backround?

As DRS mentioned, a lot of us made mistakes in our past, but people can and do change.

So he admires (In part) Mussolini, big fucking deal.

A lot of people, myself included, admire Churchill. That is the Winston Churchill who guided us through WW2, not the Winston Churchill who was nicknamed the 'Butcher of Gallipoli' due to huge fuck up in WW1 which directly led to the deaths of thousands of British and Commonwealth troops.
Nor do I admire the Winston Churchill who was virulently anti semetic, in his own words: "And it may well be that this same astounding race may at the present time be in the actual process of producing another system of morals and philosophy, as malevolent as Christianity was benevolent, which, if not arrested would shatter irretrievably all that Christianity has rendered possible. It would almost seem as if the gospel of Christ and the gospel of Antichrist were destined to originate among the same people..."
Nor the Winston Churchill who advocated the use of machine guns against striking miners in Britain, or the Winston Churchill who even found positives in Hitler:"One may dislike Hitler's system and yet admire his patriotic achievement. If our country were defeated, I hope we should find a champion as indomitable to restore our courage and lead us back to our place among the nations."

Perhaps Paul and Sonic will find it hard to admire Winston Churchill now, after all he even admired fucking Mussolini! in his words again:  "It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies."

Life must be great in a black and white world.....

It's All Good..............
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:26:21 »

I'm not sure Winnie is up for our job mind. Unless he's the candidate Reg is teasing?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:28:45 »

Of course it matters.  Football and politics are inseparable.  England giving the Nazi salute even though Hitler wasn't even present.  West Germany winning the world cup in 1954 to help rebuild the nation (see 'The Miracle of Bern').  The politics behind Celtic and Rangers.  The history of Dynamo Kyiv. Franchise even existing.

Politics and football (and to a wider extent sport) can not be separated.  That's why it matters.  Had Di Canio not given the salute and just written his book, I think most would be ok with it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:30:33 »

Not manager related.
What a player he was.
Coca Fola

« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:31:20 »

People do and say things in the heat of the moment, often without thinking of the consequences.

Paolo Di Canio was a 100% committed player with every club he turned out for, but imagine what it would be like playing for the team you idolised as a youngster and in front of people that were directly from your backround?

As DRS mentioned, a lot of us made mistakes in our past, but people can and do change.

So he admires (In part) Mussolini, big fucking deal.

A lot of people, myself included, admire Churchill. That is the Winston Churchill who guided us through WW2, not the Winston Churchill who was nicknamed the 'Butcher of Gallipoli' due to huge fuck up in WW1 which directly led to the deaths of thousands of British and Commonwealth troops.
Nor do I admire the Winston Churchill who was virulently anti semetic, in his own words: "And it may well be that this same astounding race may at the present time be in the actual process of producing another system of morals and philosophy, as malevolent as Christianity was benevolent, which, if not arrested would shatter irretrievably all that Christianity has rendered possible. It would almost seem as if the gospel of Christ and the gospel of Antichrist were destined to originate among the same people..."
Nor the Winston Churchill who advocated the use of machine guns against striking miners in Britain, or the Winston Churchill who even found positives in Hitler:"One may dislike Hitler's system and yet admire his patriotic achievement. If our country were defeated, I hope we should find a champion as indomitable to restore our courage and lead us back to our place among the nations."

Perhaps Paul and Sonic will find it hard to admire Winston Churchill now, after all he even admired fucking Mussolini! in his words again:  "It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies."

Life must be great in a black and white world.....
Well said.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:31:43 »

I'm not sure Winnie is up for our job mind. Unless he's the candidate Reg is teasing?

A very dead Winnie would probably be able to inspire more passion in the team than Malpas or Hart.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:32:06 »

They do indeed. But Di Canio's done this three or four times on camera, more off camera. Hardly heat of the moment. Look, I can kind of understand the "Don't give a fuck, only care about the football" approach. Fair enough. But the man's a self-declared life-long fascist, for fuck's sake, who salutes neo-Nazi hooligans and refers to them as his comrades. Don't lets try and dress it up. And as for the line that Mussolini's Italian fascists (you know, the ones who passed anti-Jewish racist laws and shipped Italian Jews off to German death camps) were "nice fascists" some are trying to peddle.... give me strength.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:32:40 »

A very dead Winnie would probably be able to inspire more passion in the team than Malpas or Hart.

Bloody hell, we really 'shall go on to the end'.  In this case beyond it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:32:58 »

I must admit I wanted to find an angle around old Paolo’s salute.  We all do something a little stupid from time to time and based on other applicants being pushed about, as crackers as it sounds Di Canio is an "interesting" option.  However, pic below is case open and closed.  The look on his face sums up.  

[url width=426 height=316]http://www.football-hooligans.org/images/hooligans/europe/paolo_di_canio1.jpg[/url]

While the old tarring brush and pot is out, along side a Paedo and a nutter that head butts his own players whatever your thoughts are on his political outlook the salute in the great scheme of things doesn't compare in terms of a rap sheet.

Don't forget Gazza playing the invisible flute in a Rangers vs Celtic match.  Nobody quotes Gazza as a legence to anyone, so why do people on here whinge so much about Di Canio?   Roll Eyes

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, granted, so think what you like, as long as Di Canio gets us up the leagues, I am happy

COYR !!!!!!!!!  Too Cool
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: