Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40336 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:54:48 »

Of course he's perfectly entitled to his opinions. Totally irrelevant to the position of manager, keep politics out of sport, I completely agree.

But when he publicly espouses fascism, openly salutes an acknowledged gang of hardcore neo-Nazi hooligans and describes them as his "camerati", then HE is bringing politics into sport. Then it's no longer a matter of private belief but of public statement, by doing this, and doing it repeatedly, he brings himself and his employers into disrepute. And appointing him would reflect on the club's reputation, like it or not.

Look at it this way, would you feel the same way if he'd openly expressed his admiration for Bin Laden? And waved an "Al Qaeda are ace" flag at a mob of jeering terrorist supporters? I wouldn't want someone like that associated with the club, don't think many would. Some things are beyond the pale, and rightly so.

Absolutely agree.

also this is the man di Canio loves:

[url width=277 height=307]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_M5mQhY1RgcI/S52EfGt16RI/AAAAAAAAH04/YO-Kkgj0nPg/s400/Hitler_Mussolini.jpg[/url]
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:56:43 »

He's currently a pundit of Mediaset Premium which is the equivalent of Sky Sports and ESPN.

They cover Italian Serie A matches and matches from other top leagues.

Here he is having a rant at the Lazio president after they lost to Roma.

I could just imaging something similar happening with our board...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:57:10 »

Spot on Paul. Truly worried by how much support there is for Di Canio.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:00:11 »

for football reasons alone,he shouldn't even be in the running.
employing him would be as insane as he is
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:05:57 »

He's currently a pundit of Mediaset Premium which is the equivalent of Sky Sports and ESPN.

They cover Italian Serie A matches and matches from other top leagues.

Here he is having a rant at the Lazio president after they lost to Roma.

I could just imaging something similar happening with our board...

I didn't get a word of that.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:07:04 »

Of course he's perfectly entitled to his opinions. Totally irrelevant to the position of manager, keep politics out of sport, I completely agree.

But when he publicly espouses fascism, openly salutes an acknowledged gang of hardcore neo-Nazi hooligans and describes them as his "camerati", then HE is bringing politics into sport. Then it's no longer a matter of private belief but of public statement, by doing this, and doing it repeatedly, he brings himself and his employers into disrepute. And appointing him would reflect on the club's reputation, like it or not.

Look at it this way, would you feel the same way if he'd openly expressed his admiration for Bin Laden? And waved an "Al Qaeda are ace" flag at a mob of jeering terrorist supporters? I wouldn't want someone like that associated with the club, don't think many would. Some things are beyond the pale, and rightly so.

The guy is not a racist, he's doesn't incite hatred. He believes certain fascist ideologies.

There is a difference between that and in your words 'waving a flag with Al Qeada are ace'' on it and publicly advocating terrorism.

Bloody hell...

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:08:07 »

If i am being honest i hadn't really thought of this side of things,explained fully it could cause problems.

To be frank i am astonished he is getting an interview with his past history as explained.
Would i want him here,not sure at all now.

Why for football reasons arriba,was a great player,has his badges and has to cut his teeth someware,the lowest league that we are now in seems a reasonable place to start.
Many good managers have been loopy or racist,give you Clough as loopy and Atkinson as racist,the list is long.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:09:21 »

I didn't get a word of that.

Basically accusing the Lazio board and Lotito of mis-managing the side. He goes on to say that Zarate is no good and for the money they spent on him should contribute a lot more to games.

Basically he is very opinionated and will stand his ground. He's not a yes man....
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:11:28 »

If i am being honest i hadn't really thought of this side of things,explained fully it could cause problems.

To be frank i am astonished he is getting an interview with his past history as explained.
Would i want him here,not sure at all now.

Why for football reasons arriba,was a great player,has his badges and has to cut his teeth someware,the lowest league that we are now in seems a reasonable place to start.
Many good managers have been loopy or racist,give you Clough as loopy and Atkinson as racist,the list is long.

The guy is a fascist, not a racist and does not incite hatred.

Can somebody tell me the problem with him having strong beliefs?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:12:43 »

The guy is not a racist, he's doesn't incite hatred. He believes certain fascist ideologies.

There is a difference between that and in your words 'waving a flag with Al Qeada are ace'' on it and publicly advocating terrorism.

Bloody hell...

He performed a fascist salute towards the openly and popular racist Lazio fans - perhaps not inciting racial hatred himself but supporting them is bad enough. That is why I take exception to it.

Can I post the photo of Mussolini's corpse yet?

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:16:46 »

we need rebuilding.if he does any good he will move on as soon as someone bigger comes in.
we want someone who will be focussed on stfc,not getting up the football ladder.
he's also not the most stable person is he.
as for badges,almost anyone can get them,but there is so much more to being a good football manager.getting the right players and then getting them playing for you.
di canio will upset players i'm sure,and i'm not conviced he has a clue about the basement division,or the contacts for getting players in.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:17:22 »

He performed a fascist salute towards the openly and popular racist Lazio fans - perhaps not inciting racial hatred himself but supporting them is bad enough. That is why I take exception to it.

Can I post the photo of Mussolini's corpse yet?

Can you prove to me that all Lazio fans are racist? Fascist yes. Please don't confuse the two.

That salute is wrong and is associated with Hitler and the Nazi's but that's not what Di Canio and the Lazio fans use it to represent.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:19:59 »

I suppose i shouldn't mention that i think Hitler was good at speeches and admirable in his initial economic turnaround in Germany for fear of suppering my managerial chances... Wink

Which, whilst it looked good to begin with, was an inflationary economic policy that only avoided runaway inflation by invading other countries.  It's the only realistic reason for the invasion of the USSR, which was military suicide (or milicide).

I don't like fascists.  If Di Canio wasn't a fascist, I'd love the appointment (and yes, I know the difference between Italian Fascism and German Nazism).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:21:13 »

Sounds like some on here will unite behind Di Canio and goose step down the A420

It was the Soviets that goose-stepped.  The Nazis stopped it sometime in the 30s.  As for the Italians, insert your own surrender type gag here.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 16:23:26 »

Interesting article here

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article413394.ece
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: