Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managers getting a percentage of transfer fees  (Read 1885 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 19:51:50 »

I didnt know this existed,seems Newell had this in his contract at Luton (though it could be a smear) and its a widespread practice according to the radio.Its plain wrong if you ask me and a conflict of interests.

I wonder how much P S made out of Jukewitz Shocked

/
W56196272
lebowski

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 20:00:04 »

harry redknapp made about £2million when he sold rio ferdinand to man united
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 20:15:42 »

That is fucking disgusting. There is no way that should be allowed. Unfortunately, football is corrupt to its very core, as opposed to Corr (Barry). If you see what I mean :?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 20:26:25 »

i imagine dario gradi probably set the modern precedent

no problems with it, it's just a mechanism to make sure selling clubs manage to keep hold of a good manager who will keep bringing on players that they can sell to keep the club afloat

think gradi's percentage is higher than newell's 10%
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 21:07:36 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
harry redknapp made about £2million when he sold rio ferdinand to man united

Do you mean Leeds?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 21:08:09 »

that shit, and just other reason to tout players and effectivly asset strip from the inside.

In thats the case then the managers should also have to pay 10% of all transfer fees  :shock:
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 21:39:24 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

no problems with it, it's just a mechanism to make sure selling clubs manage to keep hold of a good manager who will keep bringing on players that they can sell to keep the club afloat

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Fuck off and watch the cricket.

You clearly have no feeling for the game that most of us on here love.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 14:10:54 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

it isn't that at all, it isn't a you versus me thing, it isn't about my love for football.

it's the fact that the premiership has stripped away any opportunity for football league clubsto compete on an even keel with them and therefore the clubs need to do all they can to retain a competitive edge. if this is rewarding managers for producing good players then so be it

it's not as if managers want to sell their best players (newell went on a massive rant about it just before he was sacked) because if they do and they aren't replaced adequately they will eventually lose their jobs and damage their reputation

i'm not saying it's nice, because it's not, but equally it's nothing to do with loving the game. football is a business, and to an extent such moves make business sense
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 14:18:31 »

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

it isn't that at all, it isn't a you versus me thing, it isn't about my love for football.

it's the fact that the premiership has stripped away any opportunity for football league clubsto compete on an even keel with them and therefore the clubs need to do all they can to retain a competitive edge. if this is rewarding managers for producing good players then so be it

it's not as if managers want to sell their best players (newell went on a massive rant about it just before he was sacked) because if they do and they aren't replaced adequately they will eventually lose their jobs and damage their reputation

i'm not saying it's nice, because it's not, but equally it's nothing to do with loving the game. football is a business, and to an extent such moves make business sense

yes...but what part has Sturrock played in the development of Lukas. Sweet fuck all....he's come up through the youth ranks under various different people, if anything its the Centre of Excellence that should get 10% if the money so we can find some more Jutkiewicz's...
red macca

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 15:46:56 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

yes...but what part has Sturrock played in the development of Lukas. Sweet fuck all....he's come up through the youth ranks under various different people, if anything its the Centre of Excellence that should get 10% if the money so we can find some more Jutkiewicz's...
spot on dv.I could not agree more
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 20:55:20 »

You guys really surprise me, you think PS is on 10%?  This is Swindon remember, it's all the fuckers up above him who seem to take a cut of everything the club generates.  How else are we in such deep shit? :twisted:
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 23:02:55 »

i bet harry has made a sly packet from his years in football.

strange that newell was mentioned, he was the big advocate against agents taking fees
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: