Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 26477 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:23:48 »

Agree with what you said, but my point was after 20 minutes I thought our atmosphere was equally as dead
Well yes exactly...As I said, watching Town at the moment is a very dull/souless experience with the fans having next to nothing to get excited about...and SL just doesn't get it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:28:43 »

Anything aimed at Lindsey at all?
Not that I noticed. There was actually a chorus of 'Lyndsey give us a wave' at one point in the first half, which he did. Other than that, a few boos at the end and (I think) at half time. All very mild really...Don't know if he came over the fans at the end as I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I certainly wasn't hanging around to applaud that pile of garbage.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:37:46 »

There were quite a few on here, myself included, who thought the Lindsey appointment was the cheap option particularly after it took so long to appoint a manager. Many more of us said the first 10 games would give a good indication of where we were going and at that point I think it is fair to say we were split down the middle as to whether the manager/team were good enough to get us out of this football graveyard. We are half way through the season now and I think it’s clear from tonight’s posts that we have had enough of an inept manager and increasingly crap team performances.
Surely, those in the higher echelons of our beloved club can see this as well and need to act now.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:44:31 »

There were quite a few on here, myself included, who thought the Lindsey appointment was the cheap option particularly after it took so long to appoint a manager.

I don't think he was appointed because he was the cheap option. He might well *be* the cheap option, but he was appointed because he'd work within the Sandro model, regardless of price. We did ourselves out of a bit of compensation from Charlton by giving him the job, presumably.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:48:39 »

they reminds me, where in earth are the chicken balti pies in the DRS? I can only find burgers,  hot dogs and pasty/sausage rolls.

for those in the arkells the gyros van is round the back of the DRS, £8 for Huh? (I've not bought)
Dont know about the DRS but stopped selling them in the Town End.  Can only get pasties and sausage rolls now as far as I am aware.  There is a burger van outside which is accessible at half time, but still no balti’s.
Maybe we should start a bring back the balti campaign.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:52:45 »

I don't think he was appointed because he was the cheap option. He might well *be* the cheap option, but he was appointed because he'd work within the Sandro model, regardless of price. We did ourselves out of a bit of compensation from Charlton by giving him the job, presumably.

If he got the job because he had worked within the Sandro model why did it take so long to appoint him, also there were rumours others had turned us down so he wasn't the first choice🤔
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:57:15 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:55:25 »

The fallback excuse of injuries has now gone I do not see any hiding place this evening for Lindsey.  No sign of post match excusefest yet either.  

As it goes I think squad has potential.  The refusal to get the ball into the box quicker is the issue.  With no height to speak of up top the only hope you have is to get the ball in the box quickly.  It’s blindingly obvious yet Lindsey insists on us passing it for no purpose or end product.

Time for change as it’s a free hit for a new coach this year as season’s virtually done even at this early stage.  

The squad has potential if used properly we are underperforming.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 18:56:28 »

He will have got the job because the hiring triumverant fucked up the hiring process

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 19:01:28 »

Quote from: swindonmaniac
Dont know about the DRS but stopped selling them in the Town End.  Can only get pasties and sausage rolls now as far as I am aware.  There is a burger van outside which is accessible at half time, but still no balti’s.
Maybe we should start a bring back the balti campaign.

cheers, there was talk in the AB minutes they were back (September/October) but I never found them.

maybe they're gone again.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 19:21:31 »

cheers, there was talk in the AB minutes they were back (September/October) but I never found them.

maybe they're gone again.
Did have them  100% at the start of the season then they just disappeared.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 19:23:23 »

Time for change as it’s a free hit for a new coach this year as season’s virtually done even at this early stage.  

The season definitely isn't done. A new manager can get us up.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 19:32:57 »

The season definitely isn't done. A new manager can get us up.

The most frustrating part about it. Nothing will change, we'll lose our chance and sleep walk to lower mid table like we have been all season.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 19:43:04 »

I wonder… Garner to come back with SL demoted to number two foreseeing a few coaching casualties.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 19:49:16 »

Club socials have fallen silent...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 19:56:29 »

I wonder… Garner to come back with SL demoted to number two foreseeing a few coaching casualties.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit plus Garner seems thicker skinned than Lindsey.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: