Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 26464 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:39:17 »

I don't think willingness to run is the problem at all. I think we're approcaching the game in a certain way tactically, and that's hindering our ability to take risks, surprise defences and create opportunities. That fault lies with the management.

There is far too many mistakes that are obviously going to happen at this level to ever make these tactics viable in my opinion. Pointless.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:39:57 »

I’ll be two of them if we don’t get promoted. Happy to relinquish my two ST. Time off work on Saturdays plus the tickets equates to about £1500 per season.

It only takes 50-100 fans to do the same and it becomes noticeable

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:40:44 »

That was a load of putrid, insipid bollocks. Lyndsey probably thinks we were unlucky though. As others have mentioned, why does he not get why the fans aren't happy?? Sandro, the coaching staff and most of the players can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

It may have been the quietest game I've ever been to - the traffic on the A12 was noisier than the crowd at times.

Sandro, the coaching staff and most of the players can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Don’t hold back, why don’t you say what you really feel? 😁
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:40:57 »

Do t entirely disagree with thoughts on players but I do think there is enough skill that if there was a real philosophy other than we have to hold onto the ball for 80% these players could be effective.   If the team had any idea what to do or where the play should go it would make a difference.  It is easy to see they don’t have a clue what each other is thinking. Be it a new coach or this coach changing philosophy it just needs to be done.

I’m in agreement that the issues this season are as much recruitment as anything - but even with the players we have we should be beating Colchester. Taken in isolation, today is the managers fault

Things get better but they never get good
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:44:02 »

I don’t think they will do anything about Lindsey this season and we will drift to mid table.  Question will then be whether they stick with him next season.

Unimaginable.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:44:06 »

There is far too many mistakes that are obviously going to happen at this level to ever make these tactics viable in my opinion. Pointless.

At times I think too much is made of what system we need to play and we should get back to basics. The passing possession game is ok as you go up the leagues but at league 2 level more often than not players aren't good enough hence plenty of mistakes. I prefer defenders to clear the ball rather than playing around at the back and wide players/wingers to go past the last defender and get crosses into the box for forwards to attack.

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:49:24 »

did you go boxing Day OST?
Watched it on i follow mate...much the same I thought. I didn't even react when Walsall got the late winner. I'm not one for getting into the tactical side of things but all I see is a team lacking heart and soul. If you've not got that, there's no point even discussing tactics.

FBT late on for example...picks up the ball about 25 yards out (ish)...he's afraid to have a shot so passes it out wide, except it goes straight into touch. He might as well have had a crack. Utterly timid.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:52:23 »

How many Town fans traveled?
Don't know the number but it looked decent enough to be fair, they just didn't have a lot to make a noise about sadly...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:52:39 »

I said it after Walsall and I’ll say it again now.

If you’re going to make a change of manager you do it now.
Two week gap, January window.

If we don’t do it - then there is no point in doing it at all.

We are on the verge on being a team just making up the numbers this season.
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:53:43 »

Unimaginable.

Surely you don’t clear or the debt to have a shite manager and empty stadium
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:56:08 »

Don't know the number but it looked decent enough to be fair, they just didn't have a lot to make a noise about sadly...

Anything aimed at Lindsey at all?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:56:38 »

It only takes 50-100 fans to do the same and it becomes noticeable

In all fairness Jim, take out the loss of income and I’d probably feel the same. I am utterly fucked off with lining the pockets of the owners (previous it has to be admitted), players (not all) and management over the years for what I consider to be a deficit in terms of enjoyment, won matches and entertaining football. Like many my time served goes back to the early ‘70’s (yes there are those who go back further) when the decline started after the dismantling of the ‘69 squad. The ground is a shithole compared to what it SHOULD be, the fans a lower league Newcastle Utd in terms of support and expectation v results. To me a min of £10k over then next few years to retirement would be a tangible amount to add to my retirement fund. Couple of very, very nice holidays to some places on my bucket list.

So Clem, Aberdeen et al, sort this shit out now. Please.

I have said this season on a number of posts I expect some activity in the Jan window, still do. However, if Charlie is the only addition then I’ll be fucked if that is enough. Unless a radical shift in tactics and formation combine to pull off a Houdinieesque escape from this depressing league.

As for ground redevelopment  Girl Giggle Where is the money going to come from for that? Bums on seats and extra income, in L2? Yeah right.

Like everyone else I really want SL to succeed. I really do, honestly. There again if he does could he step up to the plate for us in L1?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:57:23 »

As Div says now is the time to make a change with a two week break and transfer window to work with otherwise we're stuck until the summer.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:57:27 »

@derbystfc Who came up with the 'develop young castoffs to flog on' plan? Sandro was recruited to implement it, so I'm assuming Rob Angus or Clem.

I don't think it's been given a chance to succeed or fail. I don't think it's a quick fix that works out the box.

The obvious question is what does "work" mean? In 2 years if we've made the club sustainable by selling 3 or 4 players is that success from a club perspective.

We know it isn't for us fans.

The whole "we're in this mess because of the develop to flog on" thing doesn't even wash. Championship and Premiership clubs aren't lining up to buy players because they complete a lot of passes a game. They want winners.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:58:52 »

Quote from: OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR
Watched it on i follow mate....

Agree with what you said, but my point was after 20 minutes I thought our atmosphere was equally as dead
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: