Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 26476 times)
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:20:38 »

Was it just me or do the players look like they’ve stopped putting the effort in for SL too? The desire to win balls from some was very questionable. Most notable was Gladwin not challenging a 50/50 header in the oppo box?

Again, if they’re not knowingly downing tools, the inspiration to really fight just isn’t there, so you have to start pointing fingers at SL.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:21:30 »

What did he say on the radio?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:22:57 »

You maybe right but then Clem runs the risk of losing fans through the turnstiles.

I’ll be two of them if we don’t get promoted. Happy to relinquish my two ST. Time off work on Saturdays plus the tickets equates to about £1500 per season.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:24:17 »

Nothing of particular note, sounded fairly downbeat and mentioned having a young side but agrees we should be finishing in the play off places.

Gladwin was more honest in his assessment (and also referred to the young squad being a possible reason for the inconsistency).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:24:36 »

Quote from: tans

not a great deal.

thought we started too slowly and once they scored it became difficult.

also when asked said he hasn't lost patience with the team, they they are a young team so he has to be patient..

can't remember much else
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:24:45 »

My nephew highlighted a point.

Lindseys record is now worse then Phil Brown, and Phil Brown had the likes of Ben Purkiss and Luke Norris, not Johnny Williams and Reed
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:24:52 »

Before today I have really been on the fence with regards to Lindsey, but today for me has really tipped me over the edge, until their goal it looked 1 team in it, they then score and start to defend deep, we then have no answer.

Ok you think give them half time to reset and Lindsey to sort them out and change something, he then brings off Jephcott and and put on the small RHM same formation, same tactics.

The game continues with Colchester defending deep, we then make more subs and they are like for like position wise, keep playing our posetion football, passing the ball from keeper to defender,  getting the ball wide, playing it around then finally try and cross into the box and Colchester are mopping it up.

Lindsey seems unwilling or unable to change formation, change tactics and just try something different to win the game, it seems pass, pass, pass, cross or maybe just pass it into the box and try and get a shot on, then repeat regardless seems his philosophy full stop.

Lindsey last few weeks keeps trotting out the line that these are a young team, a new squad, we have had x amount of debuts, agreed but that is the same for a lot of teams at this level, the squad does look like it has more in it than what they are currently producing, there is no consistency.

The reason that Sandro was brought in was if we change manager (head coach) it is not a complete upheaval, so we cannot use that reason.

It is time for a change, it has not worked with Lindsey if we keep leaving the decision then when do we decide ? February after a few wins few losses ? March ? we then drop down the table, further away from 3rd place and that chance of snatching an automatic place, we need to keep in touch.

Lets change Head Coach, give someone else a chance, it would be good to get someone with a little bit of experience that knows all about the lower leagues, it may backfire but equally at the moment it looks like we may struggle to hold a play off spot once all teams have played their games in hand.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:26:04 »

So who's to blame? Lindsey for not extracting a managers worth out the squad, or head of recruitment?

HOR can only be in the firing line if we truly have a squad with no talent talent…

Edit to original post.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:35:34 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:26:33 »

@derbystfc Who came up with the 'develop young castoffs to flog on' plan? Sandro was recruited to implement it, so I'm assuming Rob Angus or Clem.

I don't think it's been given a chance to succeed or fail. I don't think it's a quick fix that works out the box.

The obvious question is what does "work" mean? In 2 years if we've made the club sustainable by selling 3 or 4 players is that success from a club perspective.

We know it isn't for us fans.
Problem is the more time the players spend on the training ground the worst they seem to get. I just don’t think his coaching is up to league level.
There’s a difference between being a good coach for technical skills/doing drills and being tactically astute at being able to set up teams. Lindsey may be a good technical coach at teaching Cruyff turns to young players and set up interesting drills but the management side seems way outside his area of expertise.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:32:05 »

Quote from: Power to people

The reason that Sandro was brought in was if we change manager (head coach) it is not a complete upheaval, so we cannot use that reason.

That's what they said about Chorley.

Sandro has the task of identifying players we can showcase and flog on, and that happens by being successful. They're not in opposition.

it's not quite working.

is that because we'll need to tweak the system? because we are running on a shoestring recruitment? or because it's shite?

is it even  failing (Hutton, Clayton, poss wakeling could be worth money in the future).

very sceptical myself. but I'm not the one who has to finance the club
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:34:04 »

I’m really not buying this “we’re inconsistent for x reason” line. I’d say we’re very consistent. Consistent formation, consistent types of player, consistent set up…..Consistently turgid.

The variables that have been changing the outcomes (occasionally) have just been who we’re up against and which way the luck flows between the two sides.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:35:14 »

I will read back.
My word. Good to get away about 10mins before time to get an earlier exit out of Colchester.

Got in earlier than anticipated so the highlight of the day was catching up with good people before the game.

Only guessed that Jephcott might have been playing when RHB appeared at the start of 2nd half.
The lack of clear cut chance creation is a major issue.

Never been one for calling for managerial change.
Others will do that much better no doubt.

If SL cares then he shouldn't be sleeping well tonight.
It's annoying that there is a 2 week break now.
Can he be trusted to correctly utilise the new CF?
The pressure is on Scott.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:37:06 »

That was a load of putrid, insipid bollocks. Lyndsey probably thinks we were unlucky though. As others have mentioned, why does he not get why the fans aren't happy?? Sandro, the coaching staff and most of the players can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

It may have been the quietest game I've ever been to - the traffic on the A12 was noisier than the crowd at times.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:38:17 »

That was a load of putrid, insipid bollocks. Lyndsey probably thinks we were unlucky though. As others have mentioned, why does he not get why the fans aren't happy?? Sandro, the coaching staff and most of the players can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

It may have been the quietest game I've ever been to - the traffic on the A12 was noisier than the crowd at times.

How many Town fans traveled?

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 17:38:27 »

did you go boxing Day OST?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: