Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 26464 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:45:13 »

If Austin hadn't signed I would have binned going to the Grimsby game. It is utter dogshit, no wonder the CG sits in silence, really surprised the crowds haven't dropped. I think we'll be 13th once games in hand have been played.
More than double the number of passes compared to ColU with over half in our own half.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:45:51 »

Fuck my life. The end result and manor of it was all so predictable, that’s what’s so tragic about it.

There’s a reason why most weren’t getting excited after beating Northampton. On another day we’d have been two or three down before we got our goal. Fast forward to Colchester, they do go up after just one or two chances, we huff and puff but ultimately don’t create enough.

Lindsay was saying after the Northampton match, he doesn’t understand the negativity from the fans. If he doesn’t understand why, he’s either deluded or just fucking thick (if he’s using it as a deflection tactic, it’s doubly fucking thick to refuse to acknowledge the team’s short comings, alienating fans further). Both instances are reason enough to get rid of him.

Fuck sake Swindon.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #347 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:46:08 »

I keep changing my mind on this. Sometimes I think maybe the major fault lays above his pay grade. Then again, take a signing like Jephcott. Make some chances for him he will score goals. In a parallel universe he signed for Orient instead and has bagged 10+ goals already. We are a disjointed outfit, a team of individuals and we don’t seem to have any idea of how to attack.

Not meaning to disrespect our opposition today, but they are not in any aspect a good side, even for this division. Unless I am mistaken I suspect they have made more chances/shots on target etc than us, and that’s in a game where there have been long periods with them not even trying to attack.

I think we have more than enough individual quality to play much better than what SL is managing to get out of this team. It isn’t working like it should.

Like others have said anything less than promotion is a failure, if SL is confused about negative reviews from fans, that’s why, it’s simple. We have a Mid table points per game rate, who would be happy with that, just SL apparently.
Today was the first time that I have lost total confidence that Lindsey can change us round, we have looked inept in so many games recently and thats not just down to the players they look scared to shoot or have a go but seem (and I am guessing this) as told to them by Lindsey to keep the ball at ALL costs rather than taking a chance on scoring, I would rather we had 20 off target shots rather than try to walk the ball into the net.

Take a risk, take a shot, its what wins games, sometimes they go wide sometimes they are saved and some go in, but you dont shoot then you dont score.

Enough of these dull negative tactics now and that is entirely down to the manager and the coaching staff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:46:40 »

I think this is 80% squad related and 20% Manager.

While Lindsey has to shoulder blame for insisting on playing the same way even when it isn't working, and making changes that do not alter the way we attack, who does he change?

Hepburn-Murphy looks a lot like his career stats suggest.  Glimpses of talent, some speed but ultimately not much impact on a game.  Where does he play in the team?

Shade is on a downward trajectory from what was likely an impressive youth career.  

Jephcott, a poacher playing in a team with no support man or plan to get the ball in the six yard box.

Darcy, a poor man's Payne at his best, a youth player looking a bit lost any other time.

Wakeling, someone you develop but someone we have to rely on.

It's all Meg.  I can't put together a starting XI with this squad, no matter the formation, that looks much better.

Without squad changes our best plan is to simply hope we get more wins than losses in tight games.  Probably focus on defending and working on set pieces.  Sure as he'll see nothing to change us on the pitch going forward.  We don't have a team to play long, or wide with proper wingers, or tippy tippy or runs in behind.  Nothing.

Weay have 85% of a good first team but no way of filling in the other 15%.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:50:12 »

That ladies and gentleman is why Lindsey should not be in the dugout!

A decent manager gets this side top 3 no question.

How you can go from Mansfield to Stockport and then Northampton to that!

Austin signing a total waste of money as he will get zero service in this team.

Clem- get Lindsey out now and take stat man with him
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:52:15 »

You may not put together a starting XI that is better, but you design a way to play that creates chances and gets results. I’m convinced the squad is better than the results have been.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:53:19 »

I wonder how the post match interview went with Hawes!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:54:37 »

You may not put together a starting XI that is better, but you design a way to play that creates chances and gets results. I’m convinced the squad is better than the results have been.

There lies the problem the manager doesn't know how to adapt.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:54:58 »

I am not.  I think we have been lucky to get the points we have though, in that sense a better Manager may eek a little more juice from it.

We are a pale imitation of last seasons team without attackers.  Therefore our likely position is lower, maybe just outside the play offs.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:55:08 »

Lindsey. -   We went there with a game plan  -   Please explain ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #355 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:55:25 »

100% this, play to a teams strengths not try to shoehorn players into a formation you prefer.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:55:49 »

While Lindsey has to shoulder blame for insisting on playing the same way even when it isn't working, and making changes that do not alter the way we attack, who does he change?

Hepburn-Murphy looks a lot like his career stats suggest.  Glimpses of talent, some speed but ultimately not much impact on a game.  Where does he play in the team?

Shade is on a downward trajectory from what was likely an impressive youth career.  

Jephcott, a poacher playing in a team with no support man or plan to get the ball in the six yard box.

Darcy, a poor man's Payne at his best, a youth player looking a bit lost any other time.

It's all Meg.  I can't put together a starting XI with this squad, no matter the formation, that looks much better.

Without squad changes our best plan is to simply hope we get more wins than losses in tight games.  Probably focus on defending and working on set pieces.  Sure as he'll see nothing to change us on the pitch going forward.  We don't have a team to play long, or wide with proper wingers, or tippy tippy or runs in behind.  Nothing.

Do t entirely disagree with thoughts on players but I do think there is enough skill that if there was a real philosophy other than we have to hold onto the ball for 80% these players could be effective.   If the team had any idea what to do or where the play should go it would make a difference.  It is easy to see they don’t have a clue what each other is thinking. Be it a new coach or this coach changing philosophy it just needs to be done.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:56:47 »

Disagree. I think the recruitment has been pretty good and a better manager would be getting more out of the squad.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:57:34 »

I wonder how the post match interview went with Hawes!

It would be one of those uncomfortable ones where he thinks the camera is somewhere over his shoulder.
I don’t think they will do anything about Lindsey this season and we will drift to mid table.  Question will then be whether they stick with him next season.  I suspect they will so potentially looking at two wasted seasons and more horrific football to watch
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:59:29 »

If Austin hadn't signed I would have binned going to the Grimsby game. It is utter dogshit, no wonder the CG sits in silence, really surprised the crowds haven't dropped. I think we'll be 13th once games in hand have been played.
More than double the number of passes compared to ColU with over half in our own half.

That's pretty unlikely what with it being mathematically impossible. 10th is probably realistic, but either way we're way off the pace and I can't see it improving without major changes.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: