Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 26480 times)
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:39:24 »

That was a disappointing afternoon.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:39:49 »

Did Lindsey go to the fans and clap?

Yes
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:40:05 »

Ifollow stats: 68% possession. 0 clear cut chances.

We need 4 new midfielders this week and/or a new manager.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:40:10 »

Did Lindsey go to the fans and clap?

Yes.

I don’t think they clapped back, though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:40:16 »

Did he get an appropriate response?
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:40:43 »

We have let one of the worst sides in the EFL walk all over us and that is Lindsey’s fault. Tactics were so dull it boggles the mind. How can we look so passive against a side battling relegation? No right to just turn up and beat any side but you’d expect so much more against a team that shite. Colchester in the opening 20 minutes looked so down on confidence, you’d have thought once we grab one it could have become a pasting. Instead, they saw with our ponderous football that we’re nothing special, and they took confidence from that. In truth, we had very few answers to what they threw at us, and as we do at home, struggled to break down a side that simply sits back
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:41:13 »

I think I have lost faith in Lindsey now, I gave him plenty of time but we have zero tactical cohesion, no game plan other than trying to pass sideways and not shooting.

Utter fucking rubbish, even if we go on and score 2 and win this is shite.

I keep changing my mind on this. Sometimes I think maybe the major fault lays above his pay grade. Then again, take a signing like Jephcott. Make some chances for him he will score goals. In a parallel universe he signed for Orient instead and has bagged 10+ goals already. We are a disjointed outfit, a team of individuals and we don’t seem to have any idea of how to attack.

Not meaning to disrespect our opposition today, but they are not in any aspect a good side, even for this division. Unless I am mistaken I suspect they have made more chances/shots on target etc than us, and that’s in a game where there have been long periods with them not even trying to attack.

I think we have more than enough individual quality to play much better than what SL is managing to get out of this team. It isn’t working like it should.

Like others have said anything less than promotion is a failure, if SL is confused about negative reviews from fans, that’s why, it’s simple. We have a Mid table points per game rate, who would be happy with that, just SL apparently.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:41:43 »

Ifollow stats: 68% possession. 0 clear cut chances.

Who says that stats don't tell the whole story? I'd say that's about as clear a description of the game as you can get in six words.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:42:01 »

Serious question.    Are many of these player willing to put in the effort to be an attacking team or are they just happy with jogging around passing the ball most of the game?   I look at shade, gladwin, reed, and others and they just don’t want to seem to want to put in effort to make runs to space.  

So a change I. Manager won’t help if starters are willing to run.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:42:38 »

Perhaps they don’t want to play for him
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:42:43 »

We have let one at least four of the worst sides in the EFL walk all over us

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:43:16 »

Due into the UK in a few Days.

He's already in the country
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:44:16 »

Serious question.    Are many of these player willing to put in the effort to be an attacking team or are they just happy with jogging around passing the ball most of the game?   I look at shade, gladwin, reed, and others and they just don’t want to seem to want to put in effort to make runs to space.  

So a change I. Manager won’t help if starters are willing to run.
I don't think willingness to run is the problem at all. I think we're approcaching the game in a certain way tactically, and that's hindering our ability to take risks, surprise defences and create opportunities. That fault lies with the management.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:44:46 »

Due into the UK in a few Days.

He’s been back over a week
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 16:44:56 »

Has to be a busy window to salvage anything from this season.

OUT
Lindsey

Iandolo
Gladwin
Shade
Adeloye
Harries
Brannon
Reed

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: