Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 26462 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:28:30 »

A good old fashioned bollocking may help😀
Lindsey hasn’t got any bollocks
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:28:58 »

Still think we’ll somehow win this due to how fucking abysmal Colchester are, but blimey, if they’re shite I wonder what that makes us? For all the ‘domination’ (is pissing about with the ball for a couple minutes in their half really domination?) they have created 4 brilliant chances to score, whereas apart from one FBT header, we’ve created nothing of note. Pedestrian in attack, weak as piss at the back. This midfield trio is the latest of midfield partnerships we’ve tried that just do not work. Iandolo being a football league player for this many years baffles me and watching Gladwin trying to dictate the midfield is like watching a blind man try to play catch.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:29:36 »

What does Iandolo offer us in midfield?
He was linking very well with Williams and Lavinier prior to the goal.

Just as Gladwin was doing on the right hand side.

Then all of a sudden, Colchester stopped them playing

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:29:53 »

That's where Charlie will take over in the dressing room!

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:30:05 »

Careful mate this is abuse!
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:30:31 »

Other than the obvious, the issue for us is with them being in front, they can keep everyone behind the ball and let us have possession.

Essentially this is now like a home game, up to us to show enough quality to break them down. Doesn’t feel that likely at the moment. We didn’t capitalise on a good first half of the half, not created much since.

Big half time team talk this. COYR
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:31:08 »

Playing extra games flatters our league position because so many teams are close to us in points, so some of them have to win. We're in reality outside the play offs looking in and looking worse every game.

We've been sleepwalking to mid table failure from kick off this season. Its been painfully obvious all season Scott Lindsey was the wrong choice (one they took weeks to make). Scott you seem like an alright bloke, but anything outside of top 3 is absolute failure in this league. That is where the negativity comes from.

Sandro can fuck off and all. His spreedsheet needs to be emptied from the recycling bin and then the hard drive smashed to pieces and buried at the bottom of the sea. Way too many sub par signings.

Started to feel pissed off now the reality of this has set. Not so funny now.
stfcben

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:31:24 »

Still think we’ll somehow win this due to how fucking abysmal Colchester are, but blimey, if they’re shite I wonder what that makes us? For all the ‘domination’ (is pissing about with the ball for a couple minutes in their half really domination?) they have created 4 brilliant chances to score, whereas apart from one FBT header, we’ve created nothing of note. Pedestrian in attack, weak as piss at the back. This midfield trio is the latest of midfield partnerships we’ve tried that just do not work. Iandolo being a football league player for this many years baffles me and watching Gladwin trying to dictate the midfield is like watching a blind man try to play catch.

This is the main issue ... how can we have so much of the ball and create next to nothing & yet a really very poor side have a five minute spell and created more clear cut chances against us.

Anyway, plenty of time to turn it around & let’s hope we find a way through second half.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:31:46 »

That's where Charlie will take over in the dressing room!

Pretty telling how he said he’s gonna be vocal and we need it as he can see we haven’t got anyone that is, despite having likes of Macdonald, Gladwin etc all 30+. It’s silent on that pitch, captain Macdonald says nothing

He will run this dressing room and clear that he has Clems blessing to do so.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:32:39 »

Season defining 45 mins now, get back into this and use some subs at the right time Lindsey or bugger off and let’s get a manager with some nous!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:33:22 »

Pretty telling how he said he’s gonna be vocal and we need it as he can see we haven’t got anyone that is, despite having likes of Macdonald, Gladwin etc all 30+. It’s silent on that pitch, captain Macdonald says nothing

It's clear to all that something needs to change if we have promotion aspirations let's hope Clem agrees.

So, give no fucks
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:33:59 »

And for all the hype of Austin returning, goodness me it’ll just be even more frustrating watching him get fuck all service like poor Jephcott had that half.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:34:07 »

Battered them for 20. Fucking embarrassing after that. They are so bad. Not surprised though, I’m used to these performances from Swindon this season. Macdonald embarrassing as per usual. Gladwin Iandolo useless in the middle. Shade crap. Reed and FBT decent enough.

Nothing other than a win is acceptable.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:34:46 »

And for all the hype of Austin returning, goodness me it’ll just be even more frustrating watching him get fuck all service like poor Jephcott had that half.

It's down to the manager then and his tactics!

So, give no fucks
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 15:35:21 »

For me once again there doesn’t seem to be any cohesive attacking philosophy other than pass the fucking ball around as much as possible.  No effort in the attack.  Players not willing to spend the effort in crashing the goal because they will then have to run back in defense.  The midfield is simply too unathletic.  Slow slow slow
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: