Poll
Question: Do you think the board are blocking Sturrock from making signings  (Voting closed: Monday, February 26, 2007, 17:07:08)
Yes - 27 (42.2%)
No - 37 (57.8%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are the board blocking Sturrock from making signings  (Read 2795 times)
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 15:41:40 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
No. I applaud Sturrock for not just getting in any old Albert Jarrett or Petr Mikolanda in from elsewhere.

Or a Henderson, a Carrick, a Milner, a Holmes, a Davis(rip), a Given etc etc....who were/are enjoying life at a higher level and showed us all that greater things beckoned..

I suppose the loan market is a bit like a lottery realy.....you never know whether you are going to hit the jackpot or not!!

But if you dont buy a ticket, you dont win the lottery.

I know Luggy has said he has lost out on two, but there is no substance to this from what i have read and seen.

Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Piemonte

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 15:44:57 »

Some of you have some serious paranoia problems.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 15:48:15 »

Says the man with KEEP TOWN OUT OF NAM as an avatar!!

Soapy Tit Wank

Await The Day
Piemonte

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 16:03:32 »

I dont mean it, I'm a board plant
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 17:35:37 »

Await The Day
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 2, 2007, 13:32:31 »

I hope some of you (38%) pull yourselves together now.  We all hate the board, but thats no reason to start believing things that simply aint true.

We hadnt signed any players til now because Sturrock couldnt get the "right" ones for one of many reasons. FACT

Now lets hope he can pull off the same trick with a striker.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 2, 2007, 13:55:17 »

39%

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 2, 2007, 13:59:45 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
I hope some of you (38%) pull yourselves together now.  We all hate the board, but thats no reason to start believing things that simply aint true.

We hadnt signed any players til now because Sturrock couldnt get the "right" ones for one of many reasons. FACT

Now lets hope he can pull off the same trick with a striker.

you have to wonder though don't you. i think the only reason this deal with Westwood has gone through is because we are shipping Brownlie out in the opposite direction therefore freeing up a bit of the wage bill. do you think Sturrock would have sold Monkhouse on his own accord? it is debatable but you have to wonder why him and CCP were left to leave without anyone coming in the other way. i think Luggy was told by the board to get rid of a few player in January and they were who he picked. also i think he has been told that no loan signings can be made unless someone goes out the exit door
Piemonte

« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 2, 2007, 14:58:05 »

I see the logic is some of what you are saying Rich.

The Monkhouse thing has been done to death, personally I dont think Sturrock rated him, and he dosnt need the board to tell him that its not economically viable for a club like us to have 3 left wingers on the books - its just common sense.  Personally I rate Monky higher then Brown, but then no-one was offering us £x k for Brown were they?

Sturrock has said all along he is looking to build for the long term, and is looking for players who can do a job in league 1 as well. Therefore it is perfectly understandable that by setting his standards high we have missed out targets because

A. They dont want to play in league 2
B. Their clubs dont want them to play in league 2
C. We cant afford thier wages. What we dont know here is what we can offer wage wise

CCP leaving and not being replaced isnt exactly true either - Noubuisse came in not long before him, and CCP just wasnt very good no matter how commited he was.

I dont buy into all this fatbury-esque "sturrock is in with the board" bullshit - He'd be a right cock to publicly speak out against his current employers. Sturrock dosnt strike me as the type of bloke who is going to stand in front of the media saying we keep missing out on loan players when in fact hes not actually allowed to bring any in.
Piemonte

« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 2, 2007, 14:59:44 »

And stop voting yes you cunts :x
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 2, 2007, 19:18:57 »

as Rich said, its only because we've got one going out that we can bring one in.
Piemonte

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 14:57:46 »

Oooooh, surprise surprise.  Sturrock says we have room for 2 more players in his latest update.

Obviously thats not the case and he's just being told what to say by a certain gent.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 15:04:37 »

he's been saying the same thing for three months. Forgive me if I dont believe it untill I see it....
Piemonte

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 15:18:35 »

Like I said, hes clearly nothing more than a mouthpiece for a certain man of mediterainian background.  

In fact my sauces have told me that the reason for our downturn in form is because the same esteemed gent is picking the team. allegedly.

Only jesus can forgive you for your sins VD.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: