Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reading vs. Wednesday  (Read 3263 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 1, 2005, 23:25:41 »

I defected tonight and headed for the Madjeski with a mate who's a Reading fan.  They must have the most unbelievable set of supporters in the country, the ground is almost surreal.  It's spookily clean, the ticket's are electronic, and the ground is almost silent with noise from the home fans.  Prior to the game I hated Wednesday, but came out feeling sorry for Wednesday and bemused at how on earth such a woeful team with the fucking worst support I have seen since Nene Park on Boxing Day two seasons back are second in the league 9pts ahead of third.

They fucking belong in the Premiership with their plastic silent fans who weren't even singing at 2-0 and the team cruising.  The second goal was especially ace, Glenn Little running from within his own half to the edge of their box and sliding in ginger-Parkin, Dave Kitson.

I hate Reading  :x

We could learn a thing or two from them though, the electronic ticketting for a start - would save money on matchday staff!  Also, it was quite obvious throughout the game the fullbacks were communicating with the ball boys, and seemed to be a pretty important part of their tactics, determining the pace at which the ball was given back!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2005, 23:59:37 »

What was the scoreboard like?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 00:10:45 »

It was a big TV screen with the match displayed on it, and a countdown clock, but to be honest I can't see why they got rid of the old one....  I much prefer "COME ON...YOU REDS" and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO.....SANDY GRAY.......SPACEY.....SAM PARKIN......PAUL STERRETT"   Cool  Cool  Cool   Safe as fuck  Cheesy
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 00:37:41 »

and my favourite

notts forest 2
swindon 1?

Spud

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 06:09:14 »

Got to agree with Walrus!

I went to the Reading Vs Q.P.R game last season as my old man's a Q.P.R. man, we sat in the Away end which was good as i could take in the various chanting that the Away fans were doing whilst laughing at Readings piss poor 'sing when your winning' support.

Q.P.R. came out with various chants, "Strawberry Blonde?, your having a laugh!" to Dave Kitson.

"Your just a small Town in Swindon!" , Reading were as quite as a mouse.

Unfortunately Reading won the game 1-0 in which Jamie Cureton got sent off.

The only thing i was jealous about was a club who went from playing their games at a hell hole called 'Elm Park' to an amazing stadium in the 'Championship'.

If only we could get a stadium like that.  Wink
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 07:14:33 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

If only we could get a stadium like that.  Wink

Then our support would/will probably go just as stale.  :?
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 08:40:07 »

Nobody gives a monkeys about reading anymore do they?!They are a sad club and are very very boring :-))(

RED ARMY
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 08:41:23 »

Walrus, if you hate reading so much one of my best mates who is a reading fan and follows religiously is coming to see us play city next friday so feel free to take all your anger out on him!!!

I will point you in his direction!
fatbury

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 08:47:58 »

RUN RUN RUN RUN Reading!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 11:25:06 »

Just a small tinpot club no one has ever heard of really
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 11:48:45 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Walrus, if you hate reading so much one of my best mates who is a reading fan and follows religiously is coming to see us play city next friday so feel free to take all your anger out on him!!!

I will point you in his direction!

I'll nut him!  :twisted:

Worst club ever.  FACT!
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 12:19:42 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
We could learn a thing or two from them though, the electronic ticketting for a start - would save money on matchday staff!

Surely then adults could get in on child tickets?
mattboyslim

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 12:25:51 »

With our luck at 2.45 it'd jam, leaving loads of us locked out.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 12:37:09 »

Quote from: "Elsterap"
We could learn a thing or two from them though, the electronic ticketting for a start - would save money on matchday staff!

Surely then adults could get in on child tickets?

As you scan it a light comes up saying what type of ticket it is, and there are a handful of stewards watching.  It's possible you could get away with it, but would be very risky, and as many would get caught as those who got away with it.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 12:55:34 »

ginger-Parkin, Dave Kitson.

don't call him ginger, he might cry!

did anyone see the story in the paper at the weekend about him saying that people abusing him is a form of racism? what a bell end!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: