Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Angry or Happy  (Read 1535 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 23:00:37 »

I don't know what it was tonight - the copious amounts of cider, my girlfriend being there, or the fact it was the last big game of the season, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself this evening.  Swindon were magnificient, the noise from the Town End was superb, and we made Bristol City look like candidates for relegation.  Rory Fallon looked every bit the player Parkin is and that can only bode well for next season - good move by King saying he will play him against Hull, and I hope we hang on to him over the summer particularly if we lose Sam.

Not totally sure on the formation tonight - was O'Hanlon at left back or was it a 3-5-2 with O'Hanlon in midfield?  I couldn't quite work it out as I arrived to the game late and my brain was not exactly at its sharpest.  I also saw that bloke down the pub who was on thisisstfc for having all the Swindon Player's tatoos - earwigged his convo and he doesn't seem to be a nutter....

Apologies to anyone in seats 80 odd (I was in H84) and going ballistic, very fired up for tonight.  Have now successfully lost my voice.  I had to laugh though when a burberry clad lad behind me said: "Fuck's sake King, bring on Roberts". :|  There's always one.

But why can't we play like that every week?  And why can't the Town End make even half that noise against the likes of Walsall?  We need to gee the team up for smaller games next season, as does the manager and the players themselves.  Tonight shows we've got the ability, just not the consistency, or luck by the looks of it.  How we didn't score tonight I will never know!
magnum150

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 23:13:11 »

Class game tonight and the atmosphere was great. The noise from the far end of the Nationwide was good as well and would be great to here a bit "We're the Town end/ we're the south stand"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: