Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Buildup & Matchday  (Read 25530 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 11:13:37 »

Peter Venkman molests frogs
Thats not libelous. Smiley ask RedFrog.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 11:19:41 »

"Nemo" sleeps with the fishes.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 11:25:20 »

Paul Terry and Vigs pre match guff.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 11:26:56 »

"Nemo" sleeps with the fishes.

First libel, now death threats!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 11:29:20 »

First libel, now death threats!
No, stating a fact Smiley this is how I mentally see you.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 11:38:09 »

Views of the Orient fans who are unsurprisingly ultra confident in the main.

From what I've seen b4 the Harrogate game, Swindon play it around a lot but don't do much with it.
They make lots of mistakes especially in midfield and also leave big gaps in defence.
Forget the name, we're a much better team than them. They do have Charlie Austin though.
If we really go for it I don't see them coping too well.
I haven't seen their full games, just extended highlights.
And they beat Salford with an OG. Salford looked the better team.

Looking at Swindon's results suggests they blow very hot and very cold, not much in between. Their last 5 games went L L L W W.  Which Swindon will arrive on Saturday?  They are 4 points off the play-offs so they have plenty to play for.  I guess there's a little extra spice due to RW's connections there although I think he'd give his right arm to win away at Salford.

I think you’re being a bit optimistic saying they blow hot and cold Fisch. I see it as a couple of weeks ago they were blowing cold but lately they’re blowing hot with 2 wins in a row and they’re coming smelling blood.

Swindon have got some tough fixtures in March and they would do us a favour if they played well against Carlisle and Stockport, but don't cause us any problems. May have won their last two, but the Salford win was fortunate according to some on their forum and Harrogate are in deep trouble.
So looking forward to this one, expecting them to try to hit us on the break, but if we play to our potential, then we should pick up three points.

I'm s***ting a brick over this one, they're gonna muller us big time

Why would you think that we gave them a football lesson at their place and they were lucky to get a draw

I was at that game we was mustard then, I gota feeling in me water about this game and I don't like it, had that feeling for Wimbledon, Northampton Stevenage. was at all three and we got mullard good and proper.

Im also really nervous, about this game, and about us being promoted. Until we are mathmatically promoted, this anxiety will continue. If any club could screw this up from our position, it will be Leyton Orient

I think Saturday will be one of the hardest games of the season and will be a draw or even a defeat ☹️ , I'm 100% sure we will finish top 3 but there will still be a few dodgy performances on the way 🤔

Even if we were to lose ( and Swindon are not the force they have been), 4 wins from the remaining games should still see us with enough points for auto promotion.

It's not as if we find life easy against anyone so it's no surprise that every week even the humblest opposition fill me with apprehension.

Nothing to fear people, chill out the players have this covered.

Don’t panic too much cos we’ll still be champions by a country mile even if we do lose go and put a nice few quid on Swindon to win you can get 3/1.Good luck with that

From their managers preview they have serious defensive problems with injuries . They have tried to get in a central defender who is without a club but he turned them down.A lot of their players were unable to train yesterday so he will not know who can play until the day.

I do hope you're right, whilst I think we will be promoted and as champions, my bet was for us to be champions, it wont pay out for a place , top dog or bust, this game has my tiddley tum in a knot, so much injury in their team, not doing as well in the league as us, we are at home with a sell out crowd again, it points to Swindon scoring early on and we camp in there half for rest of game and lose 0-1, call the vet put me down?

I always reckon injury issues to other teams very often result in an outstanding performance from those covering.
That said, we should have enough to beat an understrength side, self inflicted errors aside.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 12:22:50 »

I'm s***ting a brick over this one, they're gonna muller us big time

There is simply nothing more representative of the average lower league football fan than being convinced you're going to get smashed at home by a mid-table team with an injury crisis even whilst your team are pissing the league.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 12:37:02 »

There is simply nothing more representative of the average lower league football fan than being convinced you're going to get smashed at home by a mid-table team with an injury crisis even whilst your team are pissing the league.
True that. Orient are just as capable of being shite as anyone else in the division

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 12:40:01 »

Thats not libelous. Smiley ask RedFrog.

Sounds like I’ll need my frog’s legs for running today.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 13:00:03 »

100%.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 13:00:30 »

Sounds like I’ll need my frog’s legs for running today.
Mate, to outrun me you just need legs!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 13:44:24 »

Have I done my piece of piss yet?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 13:48:10 »

Mate, to outrun me you just need legs!

Even that’s a challenge for a frog where I come from.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 13:50:54 »

Pitch looking a bit sparse of grass which is unusual for a "passing" team

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 13:57:18 »

As we’re on about frogs

https://twitter.com/oterrifying/status/1631905142021963776?s=61&t=HYPly50GSEZLTKzNdaNp7Q
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: