Pages: 1 ... 2346 2347 2348 [2349] 2350 2351 2352 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9080780 times)
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #35220 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 10:35:54 »

Twine has signed for Chippenham on loan
It's sad, but I think his days at STFC are numbered.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #35221 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 10:36:07 »

Disappointingly the guy has another year after this summer with the club. Its been pretty obvious for awhile that he is not going to make it.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #35222 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 10:36:33 »

Be good for him to get regular game time, he's wasted just sitting on the bench here.

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #35223 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 10:39:35 »

I'm sure Power has said previously the difference in revenue between L1 & L2 isn't that great
We would get more away fans. Fairly sure Oxford, Rovers, Sunderland, Coventry and Portsmouth would all bring over a thousand to our place. Policing costs would be up and I don’t know how much they would be but if we were doing well then gate receipt money would probably be a fair bit better.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35224 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 10:43:18 »

Promotion would surely be worth a lot more than 100K? It's far from certain, but having Doyle will make it much more likely. The game against Colchester showed how badly we need out and out goalscorers - and Doyle is exactly that.

Its being reported in Yorkshire as 'could rise to a 6 figure fee' so I assume its only £!00k if we get promoted and/or other triggers are hit?
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #35225 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 10:54:03 »

Don’t forget that from Bradford’s perspective they have disposed of (or reduced) a liability (for them he wasn’t an asset because he didn’t fit in their team but had to pay him until the end of June, at which point he could leave for nothing.)
Therefore, the whole thing is probably linked to the percentage of Doyle’s wages we pay - if he is on £5k a week to end of June, that is roughly 20 weeks so about £100k.
So - base fee is a percentage of the fee 100%, probably a bit higher for play offs, and higher again if we go up.

Bradford can represent any saving on the £100k as being a fee, hence this report.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35226 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 11:18:33 »

I'm sure Power has said previously the difference in revenue between L1 & L2 isn't that great

Really, I’ll wager he’d use that to his advantage one day and say the opposite the day after if is suited.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #35227 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 11:19:41 »

So, we expecting any more signings today? A left footed full back would be nice.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35228 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 11:24:26 »

Not Swindon, but the sort of thing I could have seen us doing in the past.

How many clubs spend a week of a transfer window in a bidding war for their own player? Step forward, Brighton and Hove Albion.

Rumours from Argentina suggest that the Albion and Boca Juniors have come to an agreement over the future of Alexis Mac Allister. Mac Allister signed for Brighton for £7m last January but was unable to secure a surprise work permit until a few weeks ago. As a result, Brighton packed him off on a season-long loan to Boca for a cool £2m loan fee in the summer and seemingly didn't think to insert a clause into the deal which would allow them to recall him.

As a result, the Seagulls have been forced into the very strange situation of having to try to 'buy' their own player. The two clubs look to have settled on a fee of around £700,000 which would allow Mac Allister to join Brighton's fight against relegation. He's already a full Argentina international at just 21 and so there is obviously a great deal of excitement in Sussex over what he could bring to the party.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35229 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 11:25:33 »

So, we expecting any more signings today? A left footed full back would be nice.

Got to be signed in next 26 mins if they are going to play tomorrow?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #35230 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 11:29:47 »

Got to be signed in next 26 mins if they are going to play tomorrow?
Not if you believe Wellens in his Tuesday interview when he said up to midday on the Saturday of the match, something I don't think he has got right.

Reading up apparently loan signings can be signed as little as 3 hours prior to a game....

57.2.2 in respect of any other fixture:

(a) 12 noon on the day of the match; or

(b) at least three hours before the match,

whichever is the earlier.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35231 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 11:30:55 »

Not Swindon, but the sort of thing I could have seen us doing in the past.

How many clubs spend a week of a transfer window in a bidding war for their own player? Step forward, Brighton and Hove Albion.

Rumours from Argentina suggest that the Albion and Boca Juniors have come to an agreement over the future of Alexis Mac Allister. Mac Allister signed for Brighton for £7m last January but was unable to secure a surprise work permit until a few weeks ago. As a result, Brighton packed him off on a season-long loan to Boca for a cool £2m loan fee in the summer and seemingly didn't think to insert a clause into the deal which would allow them to recall him.

As a result, the Seagulls have been forced into the very strange situation of having to try to 'buy' their own player. The two clubs look to have settled on a fee of around £700,000 which would allow Mac Allister to join Brighton's fight against relegation. He's already a full Argentina international at just 21 and so there is obviously a great deal of excitement in Sussex over what he could bring to the party.

Ha ha brilliant. That is SO Swindon!
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #35232 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 12:03:28 »

It would be exciting to get another in but I think doyle has taken us up to our limit now. As much as I would like it that’s it in my view

Sent from my iPhone
London Pride

Ignore
« Reply #35233 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 12:08:40 »

Town have accepted a bid for Kayne Woolery from Blackpool and have been given permission to speak to him.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #35234 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 12:17:04 »

Town have accepted a bid for Kayne Woolery from Blackpool and have been given permission to speak to him.

Blackpool fans don't seem overly impressed.

They think they're getting a striker  Cheesy

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 2346 2347 2348 [2349] 2350 2351 2352 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: