Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thorpe offski in January  (Read 1252 times)
Dazzza

« on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 12:41:17 »

Today’s Adver has him in all likelihood departing in January.  

I don’t think there will be many that will argue against that decision but by Christ what a major disappointment.

He was never going to replace Parkin but did anyone bar Reg see him falling quite so spectacularly short as he has done?

While we’ve mainly been woeful and not exactly played to his preferred game you’d still have expected him to have grabbed at least a few more certainly enough to keep young loan players out of the side.

It’ll be interesting to see who’ll take him on if at all in January.  The danger is that he may well struggle to match his current wage and decide to sit out his contract.

Seems likely Boozer will be off in January as well which may turn out well for Roberts.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 12:49:35 »

I for one was disappointed. He just didn't find that vital break. Low on confidence and lack of effort played a huge part. Don't blame King though for bringing him here because of his reputation. It was just a sorry shame that it didn't work out. Still could do a job for Div2 side though IMO.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 12:50:42 »

is there a team out there stupid enough to take him?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 12:54:09 »

I honestly think given the right service he could scorelots of goals a-la-Cureo.

But I'm not making apologies for him. He seemed a little lazy and if reports are anything to go by he is a moaning, sulking twat. That's just hearsay though.

Whatever there is no point in keeping him for either the club or the player. So good luck to him.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 13:22:08 »

Thorpe scored a nice goal against Oldham and then nothing.

Very disappointed with him TBH.  I expected much more from this Shitty reject.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 16:43:56 »

cheerio, cheerio, cheerio.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 17:40:46 »

He'll score for fun in a decent side.
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 17:44:48 »

Quote from: "Tails"
He'll score for fun in a decent side.

I dont think he will, Cureton had something about him whilst Thorpe was a player living off past reputation.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 19:31:16 »

Hmm, suppose, but by the looks of things we won't get Cureton back, then what have we got up front? Fallon and Roberts. Yey.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 9, 2005, 19:53:44 »

Very disappointing.

One of the biggest flops I've think I've ever seen us sign.

I agree that he hasn't exactly had the best service when he has played - and to be fair to Thorpey he's not exactly had a good long run in the side - but for me he cooked his own goose at the Wycombe game.

Like Kingy or hate him, a senior pro should never throw his toys out of the pram - especially when his performance was as annonymous as it was that ghastly night.

I'd sooner see Curo return (and no - not just because he's bagged a few at Colchester) than Thorpey. He's still got age on his side and seems to want to prove a point in a red shirt.

I'd love to see what Iffy can do with the wages Thorpey's departure would free up. Another real test of Iffy's credentials.

"Great save, Digby."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: