Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lescinel  (Read 21527 times)
STFC Bart

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 11:54:51 »

Seriously how bad is this guy. How did we let Smith and Vincent go for him?

Lets hope we go out for a decent left back in January.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 11:57:59 »

I liked Smith, he could play both left and right back quite comfortably. Read elsewhere that quite a few Millwall fans have rated him as their player of the season.
JPC82

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 12:05:35 »

we have a decent left back in Sheehan, we need a decent left sided midfielder cos its only a matter of time before O'Brien injures his hamstring again
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 12:07:46 »

I liked Smith, he could play both left and right back quite comfortably. Read elsewhere that quite a few Millwall fans have rated him as their player of the season.

Isn't he playing CB there?

And welcome back Bart, we've missed you. JPC is right, Sheehan is the best left back at the club, currently playing LM. Wouldn't mind seeing the two swap over actually as LJF has put in a few decent crosses.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 12:11:41 »

Isn't he playing CB there?

I think you are right, just proves his capability
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 12:17:35 »

Amankwaah was clearly first choice right back when we let Smith go. Wilson has obviously tried to balance the wage bill. I think letting Smith go allowed Cuthbert to come in, who is a far better acquisition.

Vincent wasn't offered a new deal purely on football reasons I'd imagine.

The real question should be why haven't we got someone else in? Well we sort of have with Sheehan. As JPC says we need another left midfielder. Don't know why we don't play Macklin or O'Brien from the off really.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 12:21:02 »

Lescinel is gash but so was Smith hes a very similar player good going forward and not bad in possession and delivering crosses but when both are defending there positional sense is poor, they don't read the game well and are not strong enough so I would prefer to have neither.  Sheehan is a more than capable left back so keep him there
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 12:36:21 »

Is that saying much?....Smith was too slow and was often caught out by pace,always looked to be runing on the spot....never liked him and always gave the impresion he was knackered after 5 mins..anyway Lescinal isnt a great defender but DW likes his attacking qualitys so thats why he gets the nod....got a few assists this season .
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 13:18:22 »

Smith is 3 times the defender LJF is.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 13:23:23 »

Sheehan's better than Smith
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 13:24:16 »

Sheehan needs to play at LB. Don't know why he doesn't start there with LJF at LM.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 13:28:09 »

Don't know why O'Brien doesn't start IOB. He's got better the more he has played. Suspect first touch at times, but he consistently gets to the byline and is a real threat.

Sub Macklin on if he gets worn out later and we need a pacey replacement. Pacey threat late on can't be Wilson's concern if he's putting Hutchinson at right wing mind.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:01:58 »

I'm obviously in the minority, or on my own, as I don't think LJF is anywhere near as bad as people make out. Its not like he is the only defender that makes mistakes, Amankwaah did yesterday and cost us 2 points whilst Greer has been off form recently.

LJF is still pretty young and hasn't played many games, plus he is far better than when he first came here. He seems to have the potential, Wilson just needs to sort out his concentration and confidence.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:03:24 »

You are not alone. He is ace!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 14:05:54 »

You are not alone. He is ace!

I can remember you saying the same thing to me about Zaboub
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print