Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Cuthbert  (Read 22615 times)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 14:50:45 »

i have no idea about any of our signings.i just  hope danny boy knows what he's doing
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #61 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 15:10:26 »

Titus Bramble would be immense in League One. I'd have him here.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 15:21:14 »

I'm the same. I've been dead chuffed with the Alan O'Brien and Jonathan Douglas signings but I'm basing that purely on the fact they've both played in the Premiership and for Ireland! What have Toon and Hibs fans actually said about Alan???

Leeds fans can't be believed when they slate Douglas because they are just bitter.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 15:34:52 »

Even if we did know about him, it wouldn't mean he was going to be good for us. We were all pretty chuffed when we signed Jamie Cureton were we not, Gareth whalley is another name that springs to mind.
Only one thing matters. How he performs for US

From the Dark Side
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #64 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 15:40:06 »

None of the new signings are American, Phil.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 15:43:03 »

I met most of the signings this season with a great big 'meh' and this is no different.

We've seen Greer play so we know what he's all about and I'm happy with that signing.

David Lucas I've seen a few times. He played well against us this season and in fairness probably kept Leeds in that game at one point. Before they scored their free kick we were all over them. Dont think he is any better than Smith.

O'Brien never heard of and never seen play, for some reason I just dont have high hopes of him at all and I think he will be pretty poor. Can see JPM and McNamee being our wingers next season (if we play with wingers)

Douglas again like Lucas seen a few times and has always looked a pretty decent player but if he was that good would Leeds have got rid of him? He's left a promotion chasing L1 club to come to a mid table L1 club. Cant really be a top L1 player can he? Good addition for us but not as good as others seem to be making out.

Cuthbert like O'Brien never seen or heard of him before we were linked with him. Although I do think he will be decent but like O'Brien being poor I'm basing this on gut feeling and nothing more.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:11:11 »

Even if we did know about him, it wouldn't mean he was going to be good for us. We were all pretty chuffed when we signed Jamie Cureton were we not, Gareth whalley is another name that springs to mind.
Only one thing matters. How he performs for US

I'd like to point out that I was against Thorpe and Cureton from the start. Whalley I was happier with until the horrible realisation he'd got a three year contract, not just a Nalis style year.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:12:21 »

I was excited when we signed Tommy Mooney!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:15:11 »

I was excited when we signed Tommy Mooney!
Yes

I'm quite excited by Douglas...a run of the mill L1 midfielder is a step up for us.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #69 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:17:28 »

My father-in-laws brother is a St Mirren season ticket holder and hes totally bemused why he turned down a chance to play in the Scottish Premier to come down south to league 1 football.

Apparently he was the Buddies best player last season by miles and was likely to be named captain if he signed for them this year.

He rates him as about as good a centre back as he has seen in 40 years of following them which is quite a compliment in my eyes.

I know DW has been after him since March last season so has done his homework, he sounds just the sort of player that could turn into a real gem for us IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:21:44 »

I think it's as simple as League 1 being a better shop window than the Scottish Premier.  If you're a Premiership scout, Swindon is a damned sight easier than Paisley to get to on a Tuesday evening.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:23:22 »

A rock solid defence.

I can see Ifil and/or Aljofree being loaned out.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:23:33 »

I have no idea if this guy is any good or not (although the comments in this thread and elswehere are very encouraging) but a massive well done to Wilson and Fitton for getting their man repeatedly this summer, the lessons of last year have been learnt it seems (Robinson aside, but there's always one)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:23:52 »

Unfortunately it's in scottish.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:25:37 »

From what I can gather from that interview Wilson told Cuthbert what a Marrow would be.

Vegetable knowledge clearly a key thing for him.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 13, 2009, 16:31:23 by Nemo » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: