Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Latest Cox rumour  (Read 22567 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 08:14:31 »

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray will increase his efforts to sign Swindon striker Simon Cox, who is also a target for Derby, Leicester and QPR. (The Sun - BS)

I come from a land down-under
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 08:19:30 »

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray will increase his efforts to sign Swindon striker Simon Cox, who is also a target for Derby, Leicester and QPR. (The Sun - BS)

They are just rehashing the same old shite aren't they! Could they not be a bit more imaginative!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 08:27:03 »

We''l see the Umbongo fc rumour tomorrow no doubt, if they are up to their normal research standards.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 08:51:01 »

Cox was on BBC RWS earlier and was pressed on what his plans were. Started off by saying "it's not always down to the player" and ended up conceding that if a good offer came along he'd be silly not to go. Which is what we know anyway.

Regardless he didn't really come across as the big I am, and was more concerned about tomorrows game.

They also sought the opinions of a Mr R Tuck n'all.....

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 10:21:03 »

I feel sorry for him have an severe grass and footwear allergy! Smiley
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 10:24:12 »

in tomorrow's programme he says he wants to stay, but that sometimes a club has to take an offer if it comes along.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 10:48:29 »

in tomorrow's programme he says he wants to stay, but that sometimes a club has to take an offer if it comes along.

I don't agree with his statement on that at all. If a bigger club comes in, with more money and increase his career chances will he want to stay then??!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
spacey

« Reply #157 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 11:00:19 »

I don't agree with his statement on that at all. If a bigger club comes in, with more money and increase his career chances will he want to stay then??!

Are you calling him a liar?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 11:07:06 »

Guess I am.

When a player says he wants to stay its an old cliche. He'll stay if no club/offer attracts him, but if he fancies his chances he'll move.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 12:18:28 »

Does he talk about the grass/footwear problem? Or are you programme types hiding the shocking truth from your readers? Smiley
santasdead

« Reply #160 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 13:13:13 »

I think the way he's saying he wants to stay could be because he believes if teams hear that he doesn't want to leave, then they will pay up more to STFC, but also offer coxy more than what they already have planned.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 13:47:26 »

Quote from Skysports regarding Mowbray watching Cox against Orient -

Firstly, Mowbray has run the rule over Swindon's promising young forward Simon Cox.

He said: "The day I went to watch him they got beat 1-0 by Leyton Orient and he didn't influence the game much.

"You are assuming he is the player I went to see. I didn't walk around with a big sticker on my forehead saying 'I am watching Simon Cox'

"I understand the boy Cox has scored lots of goals. I wasn't impressed on the one day I saw him and yet the game before, when a member of my stafff watched Swindon play at Northampton, he scored a hat-trick.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 13:51:39 »

I'm sure Cox is in no hurry to leave, this is his first full season and he has done well go elsewhere and it is unknown territory and Swindon have ambitions for next season (assuming we survive in L1) as well, and have now got a decent manager but obviously if a top Championship team comes in for him and the deal is good for both sides then he will obviously want to realise his ambitions and move on like any other player.

I'm sure that Cox will sign a new contract as well if he is still here in the summer.

I just wish Mowbray would either put up or shut up about Cox, he is either interested or he's not, remember he is under contract elsewhere, would he be happy with premiership teams talking about his players ?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 14:08:59 »

Let Cox go.

Adriano has been released by Inter
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 14:42:17 »

I reckon it will be West Brom - their top scorer this season has a grand total of 6 (SIX) goals.

It will be a good move for him as well, likely to be their main striker and they're bound to be at the top of the table.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: