Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Latest Cox rumour  (Read 22529 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 16:50:31 »

It's still a bit of a silly thing to say though Gaz.

My outlook is that whatever we get for Cox, Wilson should hopefully get some of it to rebuild. I reckon just £100k would get us 2 or 3 good League One/lower Championship type players. That could be all we need to be a safe mid-table team next season.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 16:53:33 »

It's more about wages than transfers.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 16:54:59 »

It's still a bit of a silly thing to say though Gaz.

My outlook is that whatever we get for Cox, Wilson should hopefully get some of it to rebuild. I reckon just £100k would get us 2 or 3 good League One/lower Championship type players. That could be all we need to be a safe mid-table team next season.

Ok perhaps I should have worded it, if we sell Cox and don't get a decent replacement I think we will be down. Hence the reference to Lambert etc... (Not taht we would get him anyway) . Shrewsbury's Holt may be on the move as well!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:08:35 »

Holt would be a good shout

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
dell boy

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:17:11 »

When we sell Cox we should go and get that nippy little bloke from Hereford on loan from Man Utd, I was very impressed with him he gave our defence a hard afternoon, now what's his name, begins with B I think. Paynter and a nippy small striker would do well next year imo.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:26:11 »

Fabien Brandy.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:28:54 »

I didn't rate him at all......thought it seemed like having McNamee up top!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:51:01 »

If true and if we begin negotiations begin the mentality should be "Fuck it, QPR are truly loaded, lets get over-the-odds for him."

Wink
Lumps

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 19:04:56 »

Whilst I was away last week the Mirror ran a little gossip piece saying that Mandaric is going to ive Pearson £2m to take him to Leicester in the summer, did that get picked up locally?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 19:15:06 »

so it's almost worth going down this season, build a bit of momentum and come back up full of confidence next season (assuming we can come straight back up again),

Sorry if it feels like pick on Gazza week, but I really loath this kind of statement. Going down would be a disaster and the risk of not returning quickly is significantly high.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 19:25:10 »

QPr have sacked their manager Shocked

/
W56196272
Rich Pullen

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 19:29:06 »

QPr have sacked their manager Shocked

Yup, what a joke.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 19:36:17 »

Cox to replace him?

I think we'll do better next season without Cox.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 20:15:26 »

We may be debt free but that doesn't mean we're not strapped for cash.

I was under the impression that the money is there if we need it and there is a good justification. Wilson obviously persuaded Fitton that he needed to bring in a few players on loan to keep us up, Fitton agreed and came up with the cash - at one point they were saying we had to offload players first (and that didn't happen).

Same for if there are players worth signing - if there were a full team of players as good as Cox available for £300k each then I reckon Fitton would come up with the cash. If Cox is sold the money will stay in the bank until Wilson can convince Fitton there is someone worth signing, we might spend none of it or we might spend more.

So basically, we're not strapped for cash but Fitton isn't willing to piss cash away either. Which is fine with me.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 20:18:50 »

When we sell Cox we should go and get that nippy little bloke from Hereford on loan from Man Utd, I was very impressed with him he gave our defence a hard afternoon, now what's his name, begins with B I think. Paynter and a nippy small striker would do well next year imo.

he was fucking awful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: