Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: o'hanlon  (Read 22147 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #135 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 19:07:19 »

by the way dv, not turning up for the supporters club dinner with seano cost them £30.

that's seano's fault too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 19:20:21 »

yup, if he wasnt so shit and undeserving of my presence I would have gone....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 19:47:22 »

Quote from: "kaufman"
so is every player that leaves us just gonna be a cunt then unless they do their time here so to speak.

Only the ones who blab to the press about wanting to stay and then doing the opposite.

If he had stayed in league 1, or higher ( ) fair enough. But to go to MK Dongs is a joke.

But you are right, we don't know the facts. It'll be interesting to read what he says when the Adver/BBC RS finally catch up with him.
STFC Village

« Reply #138 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 21:48:02 »

Not that i'm saying he's completely to blame, but his record as captain must be fucking hurrendous. Not at all bothered that he's left.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, July 3, 2006, 22:26:22 »

He didn't want the competition. Money isn't much more. He didn't like the training.

woooop
kaufman

« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 08:49:43 »

http://www.Franchise.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10420~855186,00.html

well it seems the training methods are quite the same at Franchise so it must have been the money and time for a change. he was offered a 3 year deal by the club so devlin said today but he says wise already has 3 defenders in talks, two are from higher leagues
the shitty rumours site says tony vaughan released by barnsley who is 30

3 ex town players in those pics i think
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 11:01:58 »

SEAN O'Hanlon's County Ground departure was initially viewed as a joke' by the club's chief executive but Mark Devlin is deadly serious about getting the best possible tribunal price for his former captain.

The 23-year-old has joined Martin Allen's Franchise after turning his back on the three-year deal on the table from Town.

Holidays and knee surgery were thought to have been the only delays in the player putting pen to paper.

Massively disappointing' was Devlin's diplomatic official response but there is no question that club officials are privately seething about the situation.

continued...
Devlin said: "I was in Amsterdam on Saturday preparing to make my way to Gelsenkirchen when I had a call from the player's agent telling me he (O'Hanlon) was talking to another club.

"I thought it was a joke at first but obviously not. I'm massively disappointed in the way it has been handled.

"I know Dennis (Wise) had an opportunity to bring in another centre half last week but didn't. There you are.

"I'm sure Sean has his reasons for this decision and we respect that.

"Still, life's too short. No one player is more important than the club and we move on.

"I'm sure Dennis will now look to strengthen again."

And while Devlin is unhappy with the way matters have unfolded, he is determined Town will not lose out financially.

He said: "Sean was our club captain and had been offered a three-year contract.

"That will be reflected in the level of compensation we will be seeking should the matter be settled by a tribunal.

"At this stage we have had no contact from Franchise to discuss any financial agreement."

O'Hanlon himself told the Swindon Advertiser that he felt it was time to embrace a fresh opportunity and while his Town exit was tinged with disappointment, he was excited by the future.

The former Everton man said: "I think I was ready for a new challenge but I don't have a bad word to say about the club.

"I owe a lot to Andy King for taking me to Swindon and to all the staff who helped me during my time there.

"Being handed the captaincy meant a lot, especially as it came so unexpectedly. The highlight was the play-offs, the low being relegation last season. I just think Franchise feels like a big club in disguise and capable of doing a Swansea' if you like."

It all leaves boss Wise needing to find a new skipper for the League Two campaign.

While O'Hanlon is definitely out' the club are hopeful of completing formalities with young midfielder Curtis Weston.

Verbal agreement has been reached between player and club on a 12-month deal for the former Millwall man.

Chief executive Devlin said: "Curtis has been given a copy of the contract and we're hoping things will be tied up shortly, subject to Football League approval."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 11:46:14 »

I cant believe we offered him a 3 year deal, yet only offered Evans a one year deal...
Doore

« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 11:50:59 »

some bloke has written to the adver and said we should ask for £650,000 at the tribunal!
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 11:55:41 »

Well we apprently paid £150k for him,  so im guessing it will be a little bit more then that fee
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 11:58:10 »

we didnt pay anything for him...

Id piss myself with laughter if we got 650k
red macca

« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 12:00:04 »

Quote from: "DV85"

we paid 50k for him..i reckon we should be happy with 100k..although this is swindon we are talking about so i wouldnt be suprised if we settled before the tribunual...mcleod will do
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 12:06:09 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "DV85"

we paid 50k for him..i reckon we should be happy with 100k..although this is swindon we are talking about so i wouldnt be suprised if we settled before the tribunual...mcleod will do

http://www.Franchise.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10420~855050,00.html

According the the Mcdonalds web site, we got him for £150k
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 12:06:52 »

I love the fact he think Franchise are a sleeping giant.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 12:11:12 »

we did not pay for Sean O'Hanlon....I'm certain....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: