Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afc Rochdale v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 61675 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 19:56:58 »

I will give you that one, for some reason I had it in my head that Di canio was here when we lost to Brentford in the playoffs

PDC had come and gone by Brentford. Cuthbert and Douglas were here for the Millwall Wembley season.

C'mon Gareth this isn't statto sort of knowledge. Do you support Swindon? 

Wink
woolster

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:00:12 »

PDC had come and gone by Brentford. Cuthbert and Douglas were here for the Millwall Wembley season.

Wink
OUCH Sofa
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:01:07 »

Wink

My memory on years is poor, I will give you that........ I remember names more than numbers Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:01:36 »

I do remember PDC making it rather public that Douglas had a place in the squad. He (Douglas), however, bottled it. Cuthbert made what was a rather sideways move at the time as well.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:01:46 »

I listened to Rochdale comms today and they kept commenting on how our defenders were allowing the ball to bounce before attempting to clear it.

WTF is that all about? Are they maybe terrified of committing to the ball and missing it?

It's rule one of football, never let the ball bounce in or near the box. Fuck me I only played Sunday League and that was drilled into us.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:02:49 »

Ability is inextricably linked to heart and fitness.
Eh? How?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:03:22 »

Eh? How?

Harder the try the better you seem to be.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:03:48 »

I do remember PDC making it rather public that Douglas had a place in the squad. He (Douglas), however, bottled it. Cuthbert made what was a rather sideways move at the time as well.

I think it was Douglas who made the noises. Well, the Adver definitely suggested that Douglas had been 'impressed' by the appointment of PDC.

His departure was probably confirmed moments later.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:04:41 »

The buck stops with him. Hopefully he'll show some actual bollocks and take post match interviews. Genuinely want to know what he sees and how he's going to fix it.
Agree with this. If Sherwood is as we are told picking the team, system and tactics, then he should have the balls to front up and explain when the team/system/tactics he has chosen don't work. Continuing to bottle out of doing so like he is doing makes him every bit as gutless as the players. Lead by example, Sherwood....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:05:32 »

Harder the try the better you seem to be.
That's effort making up for deficiencies in ability then. Which isn't what Reg said.
Flashheart

« Reply #175 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:08:28 »

It's rule one of football, never let the ball bounce in or near the box. Fuck me I only played Sunday League and that was drilled into us.

Which makes me wonder why they are doing it.

I don't think for one moment that they're doing it because they're told to. Maybe their confidence is so shot that they're terrified of making a mistake.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:10:07 »

I don't think for one moment that they're doing it because they're told to. Maybe their confidence is so shot that they're terrified of making a mistake.
Maybe they're just a bit too slow to react?
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:11:11 »

That's what Luke said the other week, they are too scared to make a mistake so they try to take the extra touch and get caught........ it's a lack of confidence throughout the squad unfortunately.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:13:52 »

Agree with this. If Sherwood is as we are told picking the team, system and tactics, then he should have the balls to front up and explain when the team/system/tactics he has chosen don't work. Continuing to bottle out of doing so like he is doing makes him every bit as gutless as the players. Lead by example, Sherwood....

Its a bloody odd setup. I scoffed at people last week who asked who the manager was. Sherwood, obviously, he's in charge of everything.

But he doesn't talk to the press, stays in the stands and passes who knows what to someone else to tell the players.

Not saying it can't work, but its somewhat unusual to us outsiders.

That + no contract. You can see why people are scratching their heads.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:17:04 »

Its a bloody odd setup. I scoffed at people last week who asked who the manager was. Sherwood, obviously, he's in charge of everything.

But he doesn't talk to the press, stays in the stands and passes who knows what to someone else to tell the players.

Not saying it can't work, but its somewhat unusual to us outsiders.

That + no contract. You can see why people are scratching their heads.

It's obvious to Swindon Town fans who's 'in charge'. But for outsiders, well, it's a mess regardless.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: