Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afc Rochdale v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 61673 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:28:09 »

I'd say that confidence is a far bigger factor. A few results and we wouldn't look this shit, fitness or not. But where the hell are they coming from.

You can't keep eroding quality and expecting no consequences either.

We got a couple of decent results, in the 2 TV games.  A few players returned from injury, and then Sherwood came in a fella with at least some profile.....should have provided some confidence.  However it's gone completely the other way, all that's left is a good old fashioned clear out, either, preferably in Jan, or at season's end.  It's pretty obvious many of this lot don't want to be here, so should be helped on their way.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:30:27 »

Could be worse, I just saw Bury let in 5 against AFC again.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:33:29 »

We got a couple of decent results, in the 2 TV games.  A few players returned from injury, and then Sherwood came in a fella with at least some profile.....should have provided some confidence.  However it's gone completely the other way, all that's left is a good old fashioned clear out, either, preferably in Jan, or at season's end.  It's pretty obvious many of this lot don't want to be here, so should be helped on their way.

and Willimas alluded to that in his interview, some of the players will need to think about careers away from football as they obviously don't want to be a professional enough to want to go out on the pitch and want to perform to the best of their ability.

I may be in the minority but we can blame the owner, coaches etc but at the end of the day, it's the players who are paid to get the results on the pitch and they aren't doing it........ Confidence should be sky high but as soon as we go behind it seems it disappears into oblivion and we are made to look like a non-league team but when we are winning we look like a really good L1 team........... our defence is our weakest point, shore that up, stop goals going in and our midfielders and strikers will hopefully have more confidence to want to go forward and score goals like against Charlton.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:33:43 »

Could be worse, I just saw Bury let in 5 against AFC again.

And Bury have lost 8 in the league in a row. And their goal difference is as bad a ours. And they are only a point above us.

Chesterfield, Shrews, Oldham, Bury...perhaps there are 4 as shit as us after all.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:36:17 »

How do you even fix being gutless?

I suppose a few (3 or 4) experienced heads may help. I'm equally sure the chances of good experienced players wanting to come in on loan to a struggling league 1 team are fairly low.

I think our best chance is getting a player or four that are youngish but with quality. If Tactics can't do that, then there is little point to him being here.

I don't think there's such a thing as being a gutless player. I think you're just either not trying or being badly managed.
And I think they are trying.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:36:38 »

And Bury have lost 8 in the league in a row. And their goal difference is as bad a ours. And they are only a point above us.

Chesterfield, Shrews, Oldham, Bury...perhaps there are 4 as shit as us after all.
Danny Wilson hanging on to his job by his fingertips.

Bury were joint top earlier in the season weren't they? before the truth about their precarious financial state came into the news, could be connected.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:39:32 »

Danny Wilson hanging on to his job by his fingertips.

Bury were joint top earlier in the season weren't they? before the truth about their precarious financial state came into the news, could be connected.

That's been in the news for a couple of years. Possible though it's got worse and there are wage problems affecting morale?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:40:00 »

I don't think there's such a thing as being a gutless player. I think you're just either not trying or being badly managed.
And I think they are trying.

I'd disagree. There are players that tend to hide from the ball when the chips are down, hide from decisions in case of a mistake. Its what I'd call gutless, some may call a confidence crisis.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:40:15 »

We need to take chances as and when they arise at 0-0.
Otherwise the lack of defensive nous will be found out.
So it proved today.

Worryingly, there was no semblance of trying to retain possession and dominate. Shambles.

Off to Southend on Tuesday where a more pessimistic approach might do the trick in terms of incorrect predictions.

It was bloody cold today as well.

In better news, at least my wee has gone from sickly green colour to a more natural yellow affair.

Pint

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:41:18 »

Pathetic, ..........and the question is what experienced pro would want to come here in January,  and would Power pay him the wages he would want, I doubt it, the minimum we are looking for in the new year are at least 2 defenders , a leader in mid field and a striker that knows where the back of the net is.
7 games till the transfer window is opened.... we could be rock bottom and even adrift of 5th placed bottom team......we would need a miracle to escape relegation imho..... dark days ahead.

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:41:46 »

Owe yet more money to HMRC and another winding up order by all accounts.......... they get owners who promise the earth but don't have a penny to rub together and need to rely on others to stump up the funds (Jed).
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:01:41 »

Sarfend must be rubbing their hands,  like kids waiting for Xmas,  Even tactless tim must see this is mission impossible.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:11:02 »

It might be that just having another El-Abd* would make the difference, he helped to calm things down while he was here. We were also frail at the back a few years ago before a certain Mr. Greer (don't tell DV), rocked up on loan to get some games after coming back from injury. Just somebody on the pitch to keep their heads and talk to those around them, talk them through the game. Do we have anybody even close to being in that mold at the moment?

There's plenty of old warhorses out there that'll be looking for games as their career comes to and end, or to get some fitness after injury.

*No need to tell me that El-Abd is at Shrewsbury and wont come back. I know. I'm just referring to the type of player.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:18:18 »

It might be that just having another El-Abd* would make the difference, he helped to calm things down while he was here. We were also frail at the back a few years ago before a certain Mr. Greer (don't tell DV), rocked up on loan to get some games after coming back from injury. Just somebody on the pitch to keep their heads and talk to those around them, talk them through the game. Do we have anybody even close to being in that mold at the moment?

There's plenty of old warhorses out there that'll be looking for games as their career comes to and end, or to get some fitness after injury.

*No need to tell me that El-Abd is at Shrewsbury and wont come back. I know. I'm just referring to the type of player.

That's the type of player we need alongside Jones / Branco........ we had ricketts and he did well, we had el-abd he did ok, shouldn't be too hard to get one on loan or permanent esp in their 30's but can give us that experience we are missing at the back.

The problem is our forwards don't think they will score more than we let in, so as soon as we go behind, the whole team basically gives us, they just don't believe in themselves to score / defend....... which is frustrating
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:19:01 »

Let's hope we have a big freeze resulting in some postponements before the transfer window opens. The less games we have to play before January the better.

Also, I'd like to think Sherwood will bring in a significantly better calibre of player than Power has this season otherwise we're well and truly buggered.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: