Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 1190 ... 1230   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4413538 times)
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #17790 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 20:24:57 »

Alan McCormack now set-piece coach at Luton after a summer promotion - probably mentioned ages ago, but good for him.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #17791 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:14:20 »

Which at Luton is a pretty important job
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #17792 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 14:42:35 »

I'd have never imagined a gangly centre forward like Adebayo would play better up front rather than on the left wing.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17793 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 14:55:16 »

Said when he was with us - he’d go on to do well, even if no one else on here rated him.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #17794 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 15:05:55 »

Said when he was with us - he’d go on to do well, even if no one else on here rated him.

Yeah I have to hold my hands up as wrong with Adebayo, when he was here I thought he’d be a decent League One/Two forward at best
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17795 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 15:17:43 »

I liked Adebayo. I think many had written him off due to his goal return. But even when played on the left wing I thought he looked technically quite good. He was obviously raw and learning the game. I can't remember making any predictions as to his future career but I didn't see him going where he did, especially after moving to Walsall.

Fair play to him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #17796 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 15:24:10 »

I’ll hold my hands up and say I thought he had no career in football ahead of him. Jeremy Balmy level.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #17797 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 09:55:52 »

I rated him and said so at the time, along with others that weren't rated like Michael Smith, James Collins and Louie Read and Dion Conroy to a lesser extent.  All players that some people don't realise what they have until they are gone (or until you are in a situation where you struggle to put a matchday squad together).

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #17798 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 10:01:23 »

I rated him and said so at the time, along with others that weren't rated like Michael Smith, James Collins and Louie Read and Dion Conroy to a lesser extent.  All players that some people don't realise what they have until they are gone (or until you are in a situation where you struggle to put a matchday squad together).

Like we are also missing ellis at lb 😊
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17799 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 10:15:28 »

Mullin was another one - similar to Adebayo in the fact that thought he could have done a decent job here if played more centrally.

No surprise he’s done well post Swindon.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17800 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 10:32:51 »

Mullin was another one - similar to Adebayo in the fact that thought he could have done a decent job here if played more centrally.

No surprise he’s done well post Swindon.
Mullen didnt like it at Swindon and wanted to move back North, we made him a good offer to stay but he was desperate to get away, that was out of our hands, I think we could all see what he brought to the game and was badly under utilised as a winger by us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #17801 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 10:42:18 »

I rated him and said so at the time, along with others that weren't rated like Michael Smith, James Collins and Louie Read and Dion Conroy to a lesser extent.  All players that some people don't realise what they have until they are gone (or until you are in a situation where you struggle to put a matchday squad together).

Agree with those apart from Conroy. Really don’t miss him.

Smith and Collins I liked, Collins more so probably, think he should have got more minutes that season here (actually just gone back and checked and he played 45 times that season apparently, not sure what my brain is remembering there). Reed has the caveat of needing to be played at the base of a midfield so can see how someone would be less keen on him based on the formation but an excellent player when on form.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 10:45:39 by UTR » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #17802 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 10:54:55 »

Agree with those apart from Conroy. Really don’t miss him.

Smith and Collins I liked, Collins more so probably, think he should have got more minutes that season here (actually just gone back and checked and he played 45 times that season apparently, not sure what my brain is remembering there). Reed has the caveat of needing to be played at the base of a midfield so can see how someone would be less keen on him based on the formation but an excellent player when on form.
I always had the idea Collins was the bench striker with occasional starts.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=COLLINS1

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #17803 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 11:40:26 »

I always chuckle about where Harry Kane could be now if that had allegedly come off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17804 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 11:57:17 »

Like we are also missing ellis at lb 😊

we have Devine slotting in perfectly
Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 1190 ... 1230   Go Up
Print
Jump to: