Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 99235 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 22:21:38 »

Oh my aching sides.

Any chance of a reasonable discussion on Greer anyone?
I think Greer has been discussed far beyond what anybody can take, hence the willingness to jump at an opportunity for cheap shots at Brighton fans. Oh, that and the fact that everybody gets abuse on here, whether they are Brighton, Oxford or Swindon.

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 22:25:17 »

greer is hated by all the swindon players,he's a crock,past it,rubbish,a liability.
brighton fans are all cunts,faggots,benders,arse bandits....yeah
Barry Scott

« Reply #647 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 22:27:56 »

Brighton fan here. In all honesty I was gonna come on here and ask how you guys felt about losing your captain and whether we'd got a bargain or you had offloaded a has been...

...but just been reading all the ignorant homophobic comments here makes me wonder if I'd stumbled on a Millwall board by mistake. Jesus wept, this is the 21st century. You don't refer to Bradford as a town full of pakis so why all the bigotry to my town?

Bless... Are you seriously that fucking precious? It's people like you that have made banter a dying art. It's a bit of fun sweet heart, like you saying we have six fingers...  Roll Eyes

FWIW, if I were you I'd be fuming. It's obvious that Albion have been playing mind games to unsettle the bloke and put a bit of unrest between him and the board/management. Your chairman seems to have got wind of this game early on with some of his comments. As for the fee, well, that's a double whammy considering he's your captain. On the plus side though you beat us to Prutton and I just know that he will do well for you. It's obvious that Wilson was part of the attraction there - and who wouldn't want to play under DW? He's very well respected as an ex-player and as a manager down in these parts.

We were fuming, many probably still are, but some have also weighed it up and heard some "things", that mean people like me are fine with it now. He's a good player and a good leader and a struggling team like yourselves will probably do well with him. Wink

After what I've learned today, your "mind games" had no affect and that's a fact. It's nice to think they did, but that was only amongst us fans who were angered by the persistence.

I'd rate your chances of promotion as around about the same as ours at the moment. We've got a lot of unknown quantities in our 2 Argentinians, Kishishev, a very raw striker in Barnes and the promise of a big name striker to come so there's loads of potential but whether that's realised or not remains to be seen. 

Good luck with next season and I hope you get to play at our new stadium which we're all very proud of down this way.

I don't think you've got as good a chance as us, but if all goes well and Gus is good as you all believe him to be, you'll probably be up there. I just hope we fucking smash you in both games.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 22:37:29 »

If Gus is as good as they believe he is - he'll take the next job he's offered for more money.

Like Greer he has no class.

Wont get serious discuss from me, because I just cant take Brighton seriously. A horrible team with vile up their own arse supports.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #649 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 23:08:29 »

Lots of indication that Greer will fail the medical
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #650 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 23:09:43 »

Brighton fan here. In all honesty I was gonna come on here and ask how you guys felt about losing your captain and whether we'd got a bargain or you had offloaded a has been...

...but just been reading all the ignorant homophobic comments here makes me wonder if I'd stumbled on a Millwall board by mistake. Jesus wept, this is the 21st century. You don't refer to Bradford as a town full of pakis so why all the bigotry to my town?

FWIW, if I were you I'd be fuming. It's obvious that Albion have been playing mind games to unsettle the bloke and put a bit of unrest between him and the board/management. Your chairman seems to have got wind of this game early on with some of his comments. As for the fee, well, that's a double whammy considering he's your captain. On the plus side though you beat us to Prutton and I just know that he will do well for you. It's obvious that Wilson was part of the attraction there - and who wouldn't want to play under DW? He's very well respected as an ex-player and as a manager down in these parts.

I'd rate your chances of promotion as around about the same as ours at the moment. We've got a lot of unknown quantities in our 2 Argentinians, Kishishev, a very raw striker in Barnes and the promise of a big name striker to come so there's loads of potential but whether that's realised or not remains to be seen. 

Good luck with next season and I hope you get to play at our new stadium which we're all very proud of down this way.
Well you're fucking preciuos aren't you. Its nice of you to be such a patronising cunt that you rate us of having as much chance of promotion as you. Greer has really been turned by the fantastic mind games of BHA blah, blah, blah. Oh you remind me of Millwall with your homophobic comments - fuck off gay boy. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then its probbably a duck. When we get a BHA fan on here acting like an offended drama queen then its probably an offended drama queen aka gay boy so fuck off and bum your brother.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #651 on: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 23:15:41 »

Gutted Greer's left, certainly not irreplaceable though. Brighton have been mugged.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 01:17:01 »

I'm really quite surprised he's gone to be honest and like most of you have said there must have been something a bit more to it - would be good to have a bit of honesty from the club and stop all the rumours?  I've heard he's been given a 3 year contract, which at his age is obviously good, but I think we should have held out for more that £250,000 for him even though he only had a year left on his contract.  Selling our captain to a team of no greater standing in the same league sends out a rather a strange message to the rest of the division and on top of selling our top scorer?  I personally felt Greer at times was a liability, but then on the other hand had strong leadership skills which were missed at Wembley. He's certainly not irreplaceable, but he does need to be replaced.  I will be very concerned if somebody else with experience is not brought in.  The worry with Morrison is that he's still extremely young and seems injury prone.  Feel slightly peed off, but would be ten times more so if Cuthbert or Austin were to go.  In fact, to the point, I would be recinding my season ticket in protest!  Rather petty, but will be highly amusing if Poyet decides to go to Swansea and then Greer gets injured in his first game!
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 06:42:09 »

am disappointed he's going, but we'd only sell him if we had a replacement lined up who is at least as good as greer, if not better. Danny may have the viewpoint that Morrison is that replacement, or perhaps Caddis is about to sign (or someone else entirely).

Either way, Danny will have a plan.

In Danny, and Fitton, we trust.

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 07:34:31 »

Lots of indication that Greer will fail the medical

The TEF would probably explode if that happened.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 07:44:30 »

am disappointed he's going, but we'd only sell him if we had a replacement lined up who is at least as good as greer, if not better. Danny may have the viewpoint that Morrison is that replacement, or perhaps Caddis is about to sign (or someone else entirely).

Either way, Danny will have a plan.

In Danny, and Fitton, we trust.

Ooooh! You can't beat a bit of hysteria!

Yes, I'm as surprised/disappointed as the next man but I certainly think that people should see who we get in or at least hear what AF/DW have to say on this before going out on any killing sprees.

I would have thought Wilson and The Board have done enough to earn at least a modicum of trust from the fans. Roll Eyes
oldboy

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 07:44:51 »

Well you're fucking preciuos aren't you. Its nice of you to be such a patronising cunt that you rate us of having as much chance of promotion as you. Greer has really been turned by the fantastic mind games of BHA blah, blah, blah. Oh you remind me of Millwall with your homophobic comments - fuck off gay boy. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then its probbably a duck. When we get a BHA fan on here acting like an offended drama queen then its probably an offended drama queen aka gay boy so fuck off and bum your brother.

Ha ha ha! All that impotent anger. Quite the keyboard warrior, aren't you? And you've got the nerve to call me a drama queen, sweetie.

Cheers to the people who did respond.

Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 07:59:43 »

Just had a quick scan of Northstand Chat. What a bunch of arrogant twats.

On a side note, was it the Adver that broke this story? No statement from either club or any other source that I can see. If it was the Adver there is a damn good chance that the fee and other details are off the mark. I still can't believe that the fee is as low as 250k.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:07:21 »

It would be funny as fuck, if the adver had it wrong. On a sidenote if it does go through. Greer and Brezovan together will be comedy genius at defending corners for them.
Sussex

« Reply #659 on: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:12:29 »

Argus not saying anything we don't already know.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/8265907.Greer__close_to_signing_/

I'm sure there will be anall bells, whistles and pom poms story by tomorrow afternoon.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: