Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 99245 times)
bhafc

« Reply #195 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:00:46 »

Good evening. I consider myself quite a down to earth Brighton fan, without any delusions of grandeur, unlike a few other fans who seem to have become very high and mighty since Bloom tookover, funded the stadium and hired Gus Poyet as manager.

I agree with a lot of what has been said in terms of the clubs being similar sizes at the moment. Both have potential but both are league one clubs at present.

Bloom has probably a lot more money than we first thought, bearing in mind the lengths he is going to in trying to make Falmer the very best in terms of facilities and hospitality. He is desperate to make the ground a blue print for future stadiums and stadium upgrades. For example making the away end decorated for each game with articles and pictures of the visiting teams history whilst having the lighting based on that teams colours. These are the sorts of things that are making Brighton fans so enthusiastic about it. I'm sure we'll get a surge of ticket sales because there are a LOT of fans who refuse to go to Withdean. That's based on tickets being £25, no roof and a shit view. I hope we'll increase season ticket sales from 4,000 odd to nearer 10,000. But only time will tell on that one.

Regarding Greer, it would be a massive coup for Brighton to sign someone of his stature. I have very bigs doubts over whether it'll happen like most of you guys. However since Gus has taken over there had been a HUGE improvement in the professionalism of the club and the quality of our football. Highlighted today by Inigo Calderon turned down a lucatrive contract at Saints, who will surely go up this year, to sign a 3 year deal at Brighton. The last 6 months have given Brighton fans so much optimism but has lead to a number becoming arrogant and way above their station. Bloom hasn't splashed the cash on players, and I don't think he will go overboard. He is a sensible chap, with no where near the amount of cash your backers sound like they have. Yes he has spent a fortune on the stadium but we needed that to get back on a level playing field with the rest of the clubs in this league. We've lost too many players and managers because of the ground, Steve Coppell and Peter Taylor for example, that we had to get out of Withdean and that looked doubtful until Bloom came along with a £90m interest free loan.

I really hope we'll be challenging for a playoff place next season. I am sure we won't be near the top two but since Gus took over we have had playoff contenders form. I think we may well be neck and neck with yourselves next season. Losing Payter must be a big loss to you? Are there talks of signing a replacement to partner Austin?

I've rambled quite a bit so I do apologise, but I wanted to get across that not all Brighton fans are arrogant tossers. All the best for the future and hope to see you in the Championship come 2011/2012.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:02:20 »

Good timing Fred
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:06:34 »

Good timing Fred

In all honesty 4D, the post below mine is rational and put together well.

I am annoyed not only from arrogant tossers from other clubs, but maily from the illiterate, text speaking fucking idiots that have invaded since just before the final.

couple that the The Fucking Ghost of Fucking Noble and I am very very quickly thinking of ditching this place after 6 years of banter
Barry Scott

« Reply #198 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:08:18 »

No don't do it Fred! Come and hold my hand, together we can clean it up, i don't have the bollocks to do anything. Smiley

In all honesty, I'd love to ban the illiterate, but then you get abuse for being Hitler. There's no rights or wrongs when you try to maintain some level of normality.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:10:16 by Barry Scott » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:08:49 »

ys fred you is rite innit blud.safe as fuk
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:10:49 »

ys fred you is rite innit blud.safe as fuk

L8r M8
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:12:27 »

It is indeed a good post.

I think the "text typers" will get bored in a couple of weeks (well, when they finish their summer hols) and drift away.

In all seriousness I like a good reasoned debate but chose to join this forum mainly due to the laughs it gives me (agreed there is some dire stuff on here, but there is generally some belly laughs to be had - more than I get from the TV TBH).

Don't go Fred!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:18:19 »

fred seriously.if it winds you up then just ignore the posts that irritate you.
no need to stop posting.most mongs dont last long anyway.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:21:31 »

Dont go fredder!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #204 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:23:51 »

Fuck off then you miserable cunt  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:34:43 »

Good evening. I consider myself quite a down to earth Brighton fan, without any delusions of grandeur, unlike a few other fans who seem to have become very high and mighty since Bloom tookover, funded the stadium and hired Gus Poyet as manager.

I agree with a lot of what has been said in terms of the clubs being similar sizes at the moment. Both have potential but both are league one clubs at present.
Could say the same about TEF/NSC - both seem very similar to me on my admittedly limited sampling of NSC, but you lot do seem to have a better than average sample of reasonable posters compared to some of the dicks on other club's forums we occasionally get visited by.

For example making the away end decorated for each game with articles and pictures of the visiting teams history whilst having the lighting based on that teams colours. These are the sorts of things that are making Brighton fans so enthusiastic about it.
I can't decide whether that's really cool or massively naff Smiley Depends how it's done I guess. But it's exactly the sort of thing that would have us evenly split between "Wow, how slick are our board compared to the tossers we've had before" and "Bah! Bring back the pissing in each other's pockets on the terraces". So I can understand the excitement it would generate. From what I've seen of Falmer, it does look pretty woosh and seems to avoid the flatpack/YACB (Yet Another Concrete Bowl) failures of so many recent new builds so fair play to you. I'd still be a little concerned about how/where the money's coming from if I were you lot (and how/when/on what terms its repayable, what happens if he gets bored/goes bust/dies/sells up etc) but then I guess so long as you're comfortable that's been looked into then happy days.
I've rambled quite a bit so I do apologise, but I wanted to get across that not all Brighton fans are arrogant tossers.
An aim in which I think you've succeeded admirably
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:42:04 »

I can't decide whether that's really cool or massively naff Smiley

Personally I like the sound of it.

If I went into the concourse of an away end on our travels to see pics of 1969 etc, coupled with red and white lighting, I would be well impressed and fixtures permitting, would definately go back again
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:49:11 »

Personally I like the sound of it.

If I went into the concourse of an away end on our travels to see pics of 1969 etc, coupled with red and white lighting, I would be well impressed and fixtures permitting, would definately go back again
I thgt yu ad fked ov coz ov txt spk n that
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #208 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 23:51:36 »

I believe north stand polls is their tef equivalent
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 13:29:40 »

Skysports.com understands Swindon Town have rejected a second offer from Brighton & Hove Albion for Gordon Greer.

Brighton tried to sign the Scot at the end of last season and have now returned with a £250,000 bid for the 29-year-old.

However, the Robins have knocked back the latest offer from their League One rivals as they look to hang on to the centre-half.

Greer has 12 months remaining on his contract at the County Ground and was a virtual ever-present in the Swindon team last season following his arrival from Doncaster Rovers.

He made 53 appearances in all competitions for Danny Wilson's side, but missed the play-off final defeat by Millwall through suspension after being sent off in the semi-final against Charlton Athletic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's probably the end of that.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: