Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: greer  (Read 99245 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:23:49 »

Hi Seagull fan here in peace.

I've noticed a few of you think Greer moving to us is either a sidewards step or even a backwards one.Perhaps i can put a more neural prespective on this.

First of all Falmer will be ready next season so we have a far superier ground then you currently have.Our gates will rocket to an average of 16k plus.In other words our fan base is far bigger then what Swindon could ever achieve even if you bulit a new stadium.
Our chairman is far richer and is WILLING to spend as this was proved last season.We will spend big again and pay good wages.We will probably offer Greer a 3 year deal so that could tempt him him down here.
We have the best up and coming manager in this league and this is a fact.
It seems alot of your players are being linked to other clubs and your loans have returned.This suggests to me you simply don't have the resources or history to keep your team together.You had a very good season last year which i respect but i feel it was a flash in the pan season for you.I simply cannot see you finishing in the top 6 next season as there are a few clubs spending some serious dosh.

I'm confident we can nail one of the automatic slots next season so don't be suprised if Greer will be wearing an Albion shirt in the future.

Twat.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:25:38 »

Brighton often have 10k fan stuck outside the Withdean.

that pesky park and ride eh?
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:25:47 »

A very succinct reply, Ralphy, and one I'm inclined to agree with.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:32:27 »

Our chairman is far richer and is WILLING to spend as this was proved last season. We will spend big again and pay good wages.

The interesting thing about that is no one seems to actually know how much money Tony Bloom has got. He's put £93m in to Brighton, £18m of loans were converted to shares with the other £75m still outstanding as an interest free loan payable in 2023. How much more has he got and might he need that £75m back sooner rather than later?

Whilst I wouldn't wish it on them, you can't help but wonder if this is another disaster in the making. When was the last time a massive investment in a football club, especially one in the lower divisions, didn't end up turning to shit? Actually, has it ever not turned to shit?

Given the choice between our owners (spending what they have to but no more, keeping the finances under control, planning to get the club in to profit) and Tony Bloom (pissing money away) I'll stick with what we've got any day of the week.

Anyone got more info on Tony Bloom and the Brighton finances? I did some Googling but just came up with questions rather than answers.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:36:46 »

Twat.

Lucid Ralphy, simply lucid.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:41:27 »

But this is the question, according to that, "As of 2008, his total live tournament winnings exceed $1,500,000." Now, unless he made £93m+ in the last 2 years, which no poker player will ever do, how did he pay for a £95m+ stadium?

Our players are being linked to other clubs because they are good, not because we don't have the resources to keep them. The only player we can't keep due to resources is Paynter, who went to Leeds and are a big club who can afford a lot of wages.

It's all nonsense anyway.  Both clubs have ambitions to get into the Championship. Whether they get there through throwing money at it or otherwise is another matter.

Oh and Bloom made his money by selling Premierbet, I asked a Brighton fan the same question the other month because all I knew about him was the poker bit.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:46:30 »

So are you 12 then? Judging by your post I'd say you were 12.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:47:04 »

All players have a price....if Brighton want to pay something silly for Greer, then he'll be gone.

It is that simple.

Silly I'd have thought might be 100-150K
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:47:41 »

I just received an email from the club inviting me to renew the TEF's sponsorship of Gordon Greer for next season. Coincidence?

stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:47:48 »

Message for RJack,i will also bite.

Any credibility for your post chap went straight down the toilet when you mentioned reading 442.I'm not 14 years old  Cheesy

Next you will be asking to swap panini stickers with me.Twat  Yes

So tell me then you lot where did Reading,Hull,Swansea etc suddenly get all there new fans from? It wasn't so long ago they were getting crap gates.

IT'S CALLED A NEW GROUND.WAKE UP FFS

Oh and for the person who mentioned your chairman is a billionaire.I DIDN'T SEE YOU SPLASHING THE CASH LAST SEASON.
Sounds like another chairman who leaves his wallet at home.How convenient  Grin

I never new you lot were still hurting over Virgo's goal.GET OVER IT,MOVE ON FFS.That's life.

I came on here for a good debate and end up getting insulted and fed  a load of bull.Some of you will look right cocks if Greer does sign for us.

Or when Greer comes out and says he has no intention of going to Brighton and is already with a promotion contender not promotion protender then you sir will look like a bit of a cock.
Barry Scott

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:52:52 »

Our players are being linked to other clubs because they are good, not because we don't have the resources to keep them. The only player we can't keep due to resources is Paynter, who went to Leeds and are a big club who can afford a lot of wages.

It's all nonsense anyway.  Both clubs have ambitions to get into the Championship. Whether they get there through throwing money at it or otherwise is another matter.

Oh and Bloom made his money by selling Premierbet, I asked a Brighton fan the same question the other month because all I knew about him was the poker bit.

Fucking hell, this is one for pauld to get his teeth into. After a quick search i've discovered, albeit perhaps reading something entirely false, he had many underhand dealings and the company was only bought for a nominal fee, and then closed.

"Premierbet were previously in financial uproar in 2005 when IGH bought it for a nominal fee after the bookmaker had been mismanaged for years by self-styled industry mogul, Tony Bloom."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:55:28 »

According to this article, IGH paid £1m for Premier Bet in August 2005:

http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=200508010700205293P

Another site said it was £1.2m, but either way it sure as hell isn't the source of the funds he's put in to Brighton.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:57:50 »

Message for RJack,i will also bite.

Any credibility for your post chap went straight down the toilet when you mentioned reading 442.I'm not 14 years old  Cheesy

Next you will be asking to swap panini stickers with me.Twat  Yes

So tell me then you lot where did Reading,Hull,Swansea etc suddenly get all there new fans from? It wasn't so long ago they were getting crap gates.

IT'S CALLED A NEW GROUND.WAKE UP FFS

Oh and for the person who mentioned your chairman is a billionaire.I DIDN'T SEE YOU SPLASHING THE CASH LAST SEASON.
Sounds like another chairman who leaves his wallet at home.How convenient  Grin

I never new you lot were still hurting over Virgo's goal.GET OVER IT,MOVE ON FFS.That's life.

I came on here for a good debate and end up getting insulted and fed  a load of bull.Some of you will look right cocks if Greer does sign for us.

No you came on here giving it the big un about your new ground and the massive support your going to get,you came on here to gloat when you can only attract crowds just over 6k,We could do exactly the same and say when the CG gets redeveloped we will get 15,000 plus crowds.

You also came on here waving a stick about saying how you are bigger club than us and how richer you are than us when you have not done any research on us whatsoever and just guessed we had to sell our players because we did't go up.

Im going to enjoy seeing your paltry little crowds in your shiny new stadium,How does the song about big ground for you go again.

Now fuck off bandit boy,there's some more abuse for you.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 16:04:15 by Rustle » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 16:00:32 »

According to this article, IGH paid £1m for Premier Bet in August 2005:

http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=200508010700205293P

Another site said it was £1.2m, but either way it sure as hell isn't the source of the funds he's put in to Brighton.

In this "article", which i quote previously, i think it's saying he's got money from illegal or shading trading or something. I didn't read it fully, but he does sounds a bit like that Greek we all love.

http://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2007/08/there-is-sweetness-in-revenge.html
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 16:01:28 »

Having a read of the internet, looks like it was property after all.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: