Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil v Forest  (Read 1377 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 11:20:16 »

Me and a mate were having a chat about the forth coming season, we were syaing it's amazing that Yeovil are gonna be in the same division as Forest this year.  If you had told me that a few (15 or so) years back I'd have thought you were mad.  Fair play to those Somerset dudes.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 11:23:49 »

It also has a lot to do with the demise of Forrest too though.  Saying that Yeovil have done very well to get here, and I imagine will stay up easily.  They will concede too many to be real play-off contenders though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 11:26:19 »

I agree Tom, both Forest's demise and Yeovil's success adds to my surprise.  When I was a kid Forest were up there with Liverpool, Man Utd, and others now look at them.  Yeovil were no where for a young lad to be seen.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 11:58:29 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
It also has a lot to do with the demise of Forrest too though.  Saying that Yeovil have done very well to get here, and I imagine will stay up easily.  They will concede too many to be real play-off contenders though.

I wouldn't write off Yeovil......maybe they'll need a season of adjustment, but they've a fair bit of money behind them, in that sense they're a bigger club than us.

Johnson didn't turn down Derby and Coventry, for any othe reason that  he's on more with Yeovil.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 12:02:27 »

I think that over the next few years a number of lower football league clubs could be swapping places with well run up and coming non league sides.  A lot of clubs, ourselves included will be lucky to not be over taken by other clubs like Yeovil.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 12:03:19 »

I am going to Swindon vs Forest Cheesy
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 12:32:17 »

I agree with that Reg, but last season I think Cambridge were the only team to concede more than Yeovil in their league.  I think they'll be comfortable next term, but will need to shore up that defence if they are to challenge.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 16:42:47 »

All credit to Yeovil, but there are 2 leagues to go before they reach the former heights of Forest
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 18:05:39 »

The other one that suprises me is Wigan vs Chelsea, fair play to the pie eaters  Cheesy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: