Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yellow Cards  (Read 1140 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Sunday, June 18, 2006, 21:53:49 »

What's the dealie with yellow cards in the World Cup?  If Gerrard doesn't play vs. Sweden, but then plays in the last 16 match and got booked, assuming we got through would he be then suspended for the Quarter Finals?

Or are yellow cards from the group stages forgotten once we progress to the last 16?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 18, 2006, 21:56:49 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
What's the dealie with yellow cards in the World Cup?  If Gerrard doesn't play vs. Sweden, but then plays in the last 16 match and got booked, assuming we got through would he be then suspended for the Quarter Finals?

Or are yellow cards from the group stages forgotten once we progress to the last 16?

I is forgotten but 2 is carried over.
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 18, 2006, 22:06:31 »

I think that if someone get's a second yellow card in the last group game then they'll miss the 2nd round. However once we get to round 2 they get wiped clean.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 19, 2006, 09:01:13 »

Normally I'd agree, but I think it's about time the constant pulling on shirts is sorted out, one way or another and if takes some yellow cards then so be it.  I also like the way the refs are trying to control the muddle in the box at free kicks and corners.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: