Poll
Question: What sort of reception will you give Austin tonight?
I will boo him - 6 (7.9%)
Although unhappy with the way he left I won't boo. - 11 (14.5%)
I will applaud his every touch. - 0 (0%)
I will acknowledge what he did for us and clap him once or twice. - 35 (46.1%)
Couldn't care less either way. - 24 (31.6%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What sort of reception will you give Austin tonight?  (Read 5870 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 09:12:31 »

I didn't booooo and I didn't clap him.

I don't think the stick he got was ott or anything and he clapped at the end and the fans sung his name all a bit something out of nothing really.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 09:31:12 »

Fucking hell the way some of those up themselves twats on Twitter were going on, you'd think the Town End had made a threat upon his life.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 09:38:38 »

Charlie gave some stick and got some stick and everyone made up after the final whistle, it was always going to be this way so no surprises there.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 10:13:46 »

He did get a fair amount of stick from the Townend, but clapping all the supporters at the end was a nice touch, fair play to him.

I did chuckle at the "Nice one Benson, nice one son!" chant after we went 1-0 up Smiley

That was me and Si Pie hahahahaha
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 10:14:57 »

A bit hypocritical from someone who spat their dummy out and refused to attend league 2 games last season...

Yes
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 10:37:27 »

Charlie gave some stick and got some stick and everyone made up after the final whistle, it was always going to be this way so no surprises there.

Exactly, he got the ball rolling by saying he wanted to score a hat-trick. All fun and games.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 10:42:09 »

A bit hypocritical from someone who spat their dummy out and refused to attend league 2 games last season...
Ha ha. That'd be your own petard you've been hoist on there, DV
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 11:21:21 »

I booed him every time he touched the ball
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 12:21:00 »

The Burnley number 2 found it funny every time he took a corner in front of us we started singing "Charlies doing your missus".
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 18:42:33 »

I applauded him.....did the biz on the pitch for us big style and he showed class last night and could have had a hat trick....glad he didn't though.
Like the way the Town End grudgingly sang his name at the end....for me one of the best strikers i have seen here and the way he left may have dissapointed many but not me.........i have seen it all before.
Don Rogers asked for a transfer in the late sixties...pissed a lot of town fans off at the time and the club refused....any person being offered double money to ply there trade at a higher level will find it hard to refuse.
All in all he got some stick but i get the feeling that many dishing it out were a little bit hesitant about doing so.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 09:29:01 »

The Burnley number 2 found it funny every time he took a corner in front of us we started singing "Charlies doing your missus".

By us...you mean you and two other mongs.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: