Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: what I learned last night  (Read 4773 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 16:29:48 »

I must have been watching a different match, or at least a different player.

Funny how two people can have such differing views of the same performance.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 16:30:18 »

Quote from: "Richard4acre"
How can you say ajofree is calm, we was heading balls out to touch every time when he had time and space to bring it down and play it out.  Say of me what yiou will but with Ifil and Ajofree in defence we will never build from the back, it will be like having a pair of matt heywoods on the pitch soapy tit wank. It was just stressful to see him smack the ball out evry single time, a team needs one Cb who can do that, the other needs to have his foot on the ball and play it out,.

I think you're on your own with that opinion, personally I think our central defensive pairing could do a job in the Championship.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 16:30:33 »

I didnt learn anything last night, I already knew we lacked a striker?!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 16:33:29 »

Aljofree took an extra touch or two when needed. Unfortunately when you've got Bent and McCunt with their pace you don't get much time....
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 16:35:45 »

And that's what's known as safety first.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 16:50:20 »

Quote from: "Richard4acre"
How can you say ajofree is calm, we was heading balls out to touch every time when he had time and space to bring it down and play it out.  Say of me what yiou will but with Ifil and Ajofree in defence we will never build from the back, it will be like having a pair of matt heywoods on the pitch soapy tit wank. It was just stressful to see him smack the ball out evry single time, a team needs one Cb who can do that, the other needs to have his foot on the ball and play it out,.

Everyone see's it differently - I think a defence with either of the keepers, Jack Smith and Vincent (or Nico) at FB, with any 2 from Williams, Ifil and Aljofree at CB with Adams sat in front as a barrier is a solid foundation for this division.

What we now need is some thought and imagination ahead of that - Holmes is a step in the right direction, but some pace up front wouldn't go amiss, and perhaps persuading a striker to play with his front to goal.
Richard4acre

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 17:08:28 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
you sir are either blind or clueless.

What did that post gain you, forums are where debates are had, i made a comment and explained my reasons. In response were just attacks at me personaly and not any counter argument. I simply said that I felt Ajofree was pannicing with the ball, either that or not thinking forward enough. I feel there were several occasions where he could have brought the ball down and played it out as apposed to conceeding possession either via a throw or a rash clearance. In response to my thoughts i have been called clueless an idiot and blind. Bloody hell!!

ne day, The County Ground will be a happy place.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 17:09:57 »

Nobody called you an idiot. You idiot.
lebowski

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 17:10:18 »

dont take it so personally richey
Richard4acre

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 17:12:11 »

Im not  Oops

ne day, The County Ground will be a happy place.
Jamie05

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 22:00:39 »

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Hard to believe you were watching the same match as everybody else. Aljofree brings a calmness to the back, in what will be a very hard defence to break down in League 1 - and you call him a panic stricken muppet!

I'm sure even Brezovan realises that he is still rusty and that Phil Smith has the starting nod for Saturday. I didn't think he was very confident on some of the crosses - understandable of course.

Everyone can see what we need is a striker and a supply. Lets hope we get it in quick to build on what we have in the rest of the team. I'd like to see Arrieta given a starting chance on Saturday, I think he's got something.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 22:14:15 »

Hmmmm, i do sometimes wonder if i went to the same match as others.

My thoughts on a few players from last night...

Brez - I still think he is the better keeper, but last night he did not do enough. Smith has earnt the number 1 shirt. But its good to have 2 top notch keepers.

Ajofree & Ifil - I think we have 2 quality centre backs now. I personally think Ajofree will be player of the season.

Tozer - Is only 17 and was up against a very good opposition and was was playing out of position. So i wont judge him too much, but he showed signs of a good future prospect i thought.

Roberts - Why when we were a goal down did he come off for Pook? When he performs he is our most dangerous player, all i want now is some consistency.

Sturrock - Really should not be starting. We need a goalscorer!

Pook - When he came on was the worst player on the pitch.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 22:14:36 »

1. I learned that we held our own against an ex premiership team for best part of an hour and was probably our best performance since Walsall away last season. This has injected a massive positivity in my mind for this season, if the striker issue is resolved of course :-))(

2. Blair Sturrock is utter crap and always offside.

3. Roberts was clearly still on the booze or in some sort of post alcoholism depression or something for last season. He was a refreshed player last night and by far the best we had to show on the night. This makes me happy.

4. A game without the Townend is just plain wrong. Take note for future seasons you idiot fuckwits who had ALL summer to get that safety shit done and out of the way.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 23:08:56 »

Quote from: "Give us an S"

Roberts - Why when we were a goal down did he come off for Pook? When he performs he is our most dangerous player, all i want now is some consistency.

He was taken off because once we were a goal down we had no desire to win the game.

So instead of trying to get a goal back, we took off Roberts (as he is our most dangerous player) so he is slightly fresher (and not injured) for Saturday.

Which once we were 1-0 down was the more important game.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 23:15:26 »

The main things I learned
1. Charlton are pretty good - they had options open for the man on the ball for most of the game.  When we were in possession they closed us down very quickly and we had to boot it long or pass to someone who was marked up.  So credit to them
2. We badly need a striker as Sturrock and the Cock can't play off each other.
3. Roberts is our biggest threat - I think he was subbed to save his legs for the Luton game
4. That despite all the boardroom shite the thing I most love doing is watching the team play. We were outclassed but not out-fought and I think we'll hold our own in League 1.
5. Sturrock Snr - give Arrieta more time, he had little chance to get used to the pace of the game
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: