Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ecuador v England  (Read 22807 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 20:41:36 »

For once I agree with Andy townshend

Feels horrible doesn't it!
kerry red

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 20:42:22 »

At least it looks more promising than the turgid performances in South Africa.

We'll do OK
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 20:43:14 »

Wilshere and Lampard have not impressed. Jordan Henderson a beneficiary of this game one suspects.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 20:52:17 »

You'd think we'd get ripped by the Italians. But then you see the drew 1-1 with Bob's Orange.
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 20:56:17 »

I know so little about the England squad that it was like watching a whole new team for me.

Do not like the goalie (don't think I've ever heard of him before). The CBs didn't seem to know where each other where and the FBs didn't have confidence inspiring games. I thought Milner was a winger?

Not feeling at all confident about the defence although I gather from this thread that it was pretty much the 2nd string defence playing tonight? Can we expect much better from the 1st string? I do hope so.

Negatives aside, there's actually quite a bot of talent in the squad. If our attackers manage to gel and understand each other better then we could be a force going forward. Lambert's finish was classy, is that typical of him?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 21:04:11 »

Looking forward to it, these games are always a bit of a run out.

Barks, Ox, Lallana, Sterling - confident and always looking to push on with the ball - what a full strength England side will benefit from.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 21:13:47 »

Just hoping Jones and Smalling don't make the first XI...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 21:22:01 »

You'd think we'd get ripped by the Italians. But then you see the drew 1-1 with Bob's Orange.

Get in the red lion!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 04:33:01 »

Looks like the Ox is fucked for the WC

Not sure about Woy praising Lampard and Rooney - both were anonymous to me
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 07:20:08 »

Given it was a very young team and Lampard and Rooney were the senior players, apart from both being useless there appeared to be very little encouragement, guidance given to the youngsters. Ox was MOM with Barkey running him close. Lambert did what he does. Sterling's sending off was awful referreing but welcome to the erratic world of referees. Shaw got torn a new one by Valencia and got worse and worse as the game wore on but he's a baby and this will have done him no harm. I think I'd rather have Ward and Hall at centre back than Smalling and Jones - both shockingly bad.
Given this was a game some of these players had to win a starting place, some of them don;t care or the XI is decided already. 3 players should give Roy some thought and I'd like to see Lambert in and Rooney out.
DMR

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 08:19:50 »

The only thing I learned from that game is we have made a major ricket not taking Ashley Cole.

That kid from Soton was absolute garbage.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 09:16:55 »

Hope the Ox is ok for Wc. He was absolute class yesterday, as was Barkley. Those two give us drive in midfield that we've been missing for years.
On another note, if we played that defence against any team in the Wc, we'd be seriously struggling. Smalling is wank.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 11:41:07 »

Thankfully none of that defence will be starting barring injures
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 12:56:47 »

Don't see us winning anything with Rooney playing. Would far prefer Sturridge up front (or Lambert) surrounded by the younger players that actually create stuff - Ox, Barkley, Lallana, Sterling.

We might get torn a new one, or maybe they'll just come good. I'd happily take the risk.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #89 on: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 13:10:45 »

Rooney has scored more World Cup goals than any other English player.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: