Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EVERYTHING IS GREAT  (Read 8881 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:17:25 »

Yes it is.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:25:37 »

Maybe you should consider supporting Crawley still got an outside chance of the PO's, and could probably do with some extra numbers.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:26:51 »

If we went up with this squad we'd come straight back down, regardless of the manaager.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:33:03 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Maybe you should consider supporting Crawley still got an outside chance of the PO's, and could probably do with some extra numbers.

You have a point Reg, I'm wasting my money consistently travelling to watch Swindon lose.  Last win I viewed was the Bradford City Home game.  I've been to several games since then.  I'm sick of seeing individual mistakes blamed also - Evans mistake made no difference to today's match whatsoever - we'd have lost 2-1 anyway.

King out, Harford or someone with half a clue in (i.e:  Championship Manager experience - more than Andyt King) and we'll make the playoffs.  I could scream right now, but hell I'll probably be at the Wrexham game, the total sucker that I am.

sonic I disagree.  Lutomn will come down with any manager as their squad is pathetic.  I can name several Div 1 sides with weaker squads than us - Gillingham, Rotherham, Crewe, Brighton (pathetic we lost to 'em last season all things considered), Plymouth, Watford, Burnley, Millwall.  I needn't describe exactly why - just view the websites and their squads.  It's obvious.  Get that cunt out of the job.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:41:57 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
If we went up with this squad we'd come straight back down, regardless of the manaager.

yup
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:43:44 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

yup

Simon - will you for once make a remotely sensible, well-thought out and considerate reply, rather than just trying to boost your post-count over 2500?  Justify your opinion rather than looking like a limp-wristed lamo who just follows other people.  I disagree - our squad is very strong, we just can't put the right men on the pitch at the right sodding time.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:46:04 »

if you don't stop calling people limp wristed lamos, I'll fucking twat you.

Our squad is weak. It's full of holes, lacking players and sufficient backup in key positions. Our first team is poor with the exception of a few good players. I think you're living in fairyland.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:50:20 »

if you don't stop calling people limp wristed lamos, I'll fucking twat you.

Our squad is weak. It's full of holes, lacking players and sufficient backup in key positions. Our first team is poor with the exception of a few good players. I think you're living in fairyland.

I'm going to bed, but demonstate.

We have two strong players in every position, bar goalkeeper.

Evans - good first choice, Book adequate back-up

Jenkins - good right back, O'hanlon superb back up

Duke - adequate left back, Nicholas good back up

Heywood - good centre back, Ifil superb back up

O'Hanlon - superb centre back, Reeves adequate back up

Igoe - Good right mid, Robinson adequate back up

Holmes - Good left mid, Howard superb superb superb back up

Hewlett - Good midfielder, Robinson adequate back up

Smith - Good midfielder, Miglioranzi superb back up - should start from now on

Parkin - 'Nuff said, Fallon a more-than adequate back up

Proctor - Meh no bad, Slabber is more than a player than many teams boast as a back up

You limp wristed lamo, the backup players we have is superior to some starting XI's some team boast.  We have a great squad, compare it to Bournemouth, Hartlepool etc. and its a fucking embarrassment we lie 9th in a league which is wide open, and full of players who should really be persuing other careers.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:52:52 »

I suggest you get some sleep before you make yourself look like more of a twat, putting a point across is one thing but acting like a cunt is another entirely. I'll reply properly when you're not so riled up.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:53:52 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

yup

Simon - will you for once make a remotely sensible, well-thought out and considerate reply, rather than just trying to boost your post-count over 2500?  Justify your opinion rather than looking like a limp-wristed lamo who just follows other people.  I disagree - our squad is very strong, we just can't put the right men on the pitch at the right sodding time.

Ok then fuckwit, what more needs to be said? most of our players don't even want to be here, they don't give a shit. Our squad can't get in the play-offs of the fucking third division, how the fuck are we gonna survive in a division above this one?

A strong squad has cover for all positions - something we don't have. "Putting the right men on the pitch at the tight sodding time" as you put it shouldn't be an issue if we had enough strength in depth.

The reason i put a simple "yup", is because i'm tired of being a parrot. i've said this all before, but i just wanted to show i was in agreement.

Don't know what the fuck has got into you Walrus but you need to lay off the wifebeater or something.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:57:41 »

I'm just fucking frustrated at seeing crap performances time after fucking time.  It's rediculous with the squad we have.  Today I hold me hands up - we played well, and were unlucky, but it just shows that we can play well and  we can compete with the better teams.  Today, okay I'm biased, but I feel we lost on poor referring decisions (penalty for me was not a pen) and an unlucky (I'm being nice) goalkeeper error.

I get frustrated though, as it costs me a lot of money to follow Swindon, when we play as badly as we did against Bournemouth, and before that agaisnt Southend, and before that at Colchester.  I don't mean to attack people in person - especially Town Fans, and for that I apologise -  but I do feel that we aren't in a league position fulfilling our potential.

In all honesty, do you think that 9th place in League One is fulfilling our squad's potential?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 01:00:06 »

I'd say 9th is overachieving considering our squad, or rather achieving beyond our ability.

We're all frustrated mate, I could have cried after the Bournemouth game and nearly did writing a post about Sammy. Yeovil made a very good post a few weeks ago about making do with what you've got and being happy with your lot. I agree with that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 01:00:33 »

You may be frustrated Walrus, but you need to learn not to take it out on other people. My mates brother is facing prison because his mates couldn't control there anger and started fighting in the streets. Ok this is extreme, but seriuosly dude, chill.

Next point, i do think we should be at least in the play-offs this season. Unfortunately teams have there poorer seasons, i'm just hoping this is one of them. You only got to look at Arsenal at the moment
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 01:04:48 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

We have two strong players in every position, bar goalkeeper.

Evans - good first choice - prone to mistakes, Book adequate back-up

Jenkins - good right back - prone to mistakes current shocking run of form, O'hanlon superb back up

Duke - adequate left back - prone to mistakes, Nicholas good back up

Heywood - adequate centre back - prone to mistakes, Ifil adequate - prone to mistakes back up

O'Hanlon - superb centre back, Reeves adequate back up

Igoe - Good right mid, Robinson adequate back up

Holmes - Good left mid, Howard adequate back up

Hewlett - adequate midfielder - prone to mistakes, can't tackle, looks lost in midfield sometimes, Robinson adequate back up

Smith - Good midfielder, Miglioranzi good back up - should start from now on

Parkin - 'Nuff said, Fallon adequate back up - 20 goals a season from fallon???

Proctor - Meh no bad, Slabber is more than a player than many teams boast as a back up

mistake prone  :evil:

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 01:05:34 »

You may be frustrated Walrus, but you need to learn not to take it out on other people. My mates brother is facing prison because his mates couldn't control there anger and started fighting in the streets. Ok this is extreme, but seriuosly dude, chill.

Next point, i do think we should be at least in the play-offs this season. Unfortunately teams have there poorer seasons, i'm just hoping this is one of them. You only got to look at Arsenal at the moment

I'd wager that reflects the majority of feeling this season.  

I took my friends to see Swindon play Brentford at Griffin Park this season.  Their first choice striker is a player who couldn't make the grade at the County Ground, yet Martin Allen has moulded a relatively poor team into playoff potential, while Andy King has moulded a superior squad into mid-table obscurity.  That is exactly my problem.  When I pay rediculous amounts of money to follow a superior squad gain unfair results it makes me scream.

I take you're point about your brother's mate, but I'm not like that - I'm trying to provoke discussion, but with any alcohol-fuelled brain I'm not doing so in the right way and I apologise.  Clearly Sonic/Yeovill feel we're doing alright, but you and me both agree we are underachieving - do you think King should be sacked for failing to achieve the squad's potential?  afterall, we're losing money with stayaway fans (a phenomenon I strongly condemn but there is no escaping from this fact) in addition to the fact that King is seemingly a born loser.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: