Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: has sturrock lost the dressing room?  (Read 7097 times)

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 13:19:14 »

the more i read and hear sturrock speak, the more i think he has lost the dressing room.
something clearly isn't right and i'm worried that our season is going to fall apart.
sturrock was highly succesful at plymouth and is also loved be the fans of sheff wednesday but,he didn't last 5 minuites at southampton, and there was talk of player unrest whilst he was there.for me i think we have to back him for now as he is a proven manager, but if we fail to get promoted it will be a major failure.
personally, if i were a player i'd want to prove sturrock wrong if he had criticised me.and i dont think all the players are not with him.its just i feel something isn't right and i cant figure it out.
thoughts people?...

i'm still optimistic we can get promoted but all the players need to be pulling in the same direction, as the clubs on a roll are doing so.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 13:24:11 »

Quote from: "arriba"
if i were a player i'd want to prove sturrock wrong if he had criticised me.

Exactly. I think most of us would do the same. Just seems our squad is littered with decent, yet confidence prone players who don't seem to have any fight in them if things go against us.

If we don't go up then hopefully wasters like Nicholas, Brown, Roberts etc are all told to sod off and we get some runners in, even if  less talented.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 13:26:35 »

The fans were calling for someone with a no nonsense attitude prior to this season. I think now we've got him, it's scaring people a little bit.

I think given time, Sturrock will stamp out the laziness and diva attitude that a lot of us perceive in this club.

But I must admit, I'm starting to wonder whether he is losing the dressing room, maybe because some players can't stand the heat and if you can't stand the heat, get the fuck out the kitchen. Hopefully Sturrock can make our journey up the league one fantastic voyage without these players, whether it's this season we go up, or another one. I'm confident as long as we have a club it will happen.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 13:35:56 »

Related to my other post. Sturrock doesn't care if he loses the dressing room or not. He'll do things his way. Like it or lump it. Promotion or no promotion. Its his way or the highway...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 13:52:11 »

I think its possible that he may have lost a section of the dressing room (the corner where Roberts & Weston sit Wink ) but its also pretty clear from their recent comments that senior players such as Williams and Peacock are behind him.

I dont really like the idae of throwing away promotion just to spite a few players who the manager cant stand, but to be honest I'd do excatly the same if I was in charge (and frequently do on FM07 Cheesy )
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 13:55:09 »

Quote from: "arriba"
if i were a player i'd want to prove sturrock wrong if he had criticised me.

The flip side is that we have quite a few characters in our squad who'll think "fuck it."
fatbury

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 13:59:49 »

In a word YES!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 14:00:03 »

To be honest I'd rather have Sturrock here than be stuck with the current first team squad.  If we don't go up I hope Sturrock shows 90% of them the door.

Sturrock is a class act our squad are not.  It'd be a nightmare if Sturrock left and we were left with the dame players, crying because we didn't go up.  Grow some fucking balls and start acting like men ffs.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 14:01:35 »

and they won't play again - if this is the way it has to be to get rid of the cancer at this club then so be it. I say good on him, he wouldn't want to sacrifice promotion - i think that's just a figure of speech - all he's saying is he won't tolerate wasters. Neither will I, so good on him.

For too many eyars this club has had too many players that will bleed for the shirt. Think back to the team of 92/93 - taylor, calderwood, ling and co. Even when they played poorly you could see they could give a sh*t. We've had to endure too much dross since those days, which means that any sign of cavalier play - and some fans turn. Some on the day, some on these forums - some players won't understand why we do, but all we want is a squad of players that will try their best and if sturrock has to drop players then let him - in the long run I think it will work out for the best.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 14:01:51 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
In a word YES!

fuck off
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 14:05:20 »

I don't really know whether he has lost the dressing room or not, obviously certain players will get the hump and pack their bags.  If that's the case I say good riddance, I would only want players who are committed to the cause and I believe that Paul Sturrock is 100% behind the cause, so it's his way or down the road.  And let's face it, there are not many takers when you go down the road, just ask Gareth Whalley! Fishing.
fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 14:06:47 »

the players are obviously holding out for a consortium bid as it would mean more money for them - why wouldnt they back it? Sadly they see Sturrock as a man who does the current regimes bidding for them - lower wager lower bonuses .. if not now then in the future. Im sure they are as torn over the takeover as we are ... and its affecting results now IMO
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 14:08:45 »

Quote from: "juddie"
he wouldn't want to sacrifice promotion - i think that's just a figure of speech - all he's saying is he won't tolerate wasters. Neither will I, so good on him.

I think that is correct Yes

We need a team of Shaun Taylors (and, following that logic through, an RAF Hercules full of bandages and other medical supplies) Cool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 14:09:07 »

the players are obviously holding out for a consortium bid as it would mean more money for them - why wouldnt they back it? Sadly they see Sturrock as a man who does the current regimes bidding for them - lower wager lower bonuses .. if not now then in the future. Im sure they are as torn over the takeover as we are ... and its affecting results now IMO

i think thats complete rubbish
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 14:10:05 »

:ha:

Thats a laughable theory.  

3/4 of the squad dont have a contract for next season, and unless they pull their collective fingers out of their collective arses they wont be getting one.  Which makes the thought of bonuses and takeovers a bit irrelevant dont you think?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: