Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Nations  (Read 9735 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 20:08:57 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
England 24 Ireland 28

And Ireland deserved that in my opinion

fuck off did they! two of their tries shouldn't have been given! England were the better side i thought
el duque

« Reply #121 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 10:06:49 »

Quote from: "Rich"
Quote from: "Bedford Red"
England 24 Ireland 28

And Ireland deserved that in my opinion

fuck off did they! two of their tries shouldn't have been given! England were the better side i thought

To be honest, only an absolute battering by England would have been good enough. Stuffing them by 30 points or so as in 2002. This England set up is an absolute joke. Losing to the likes of Scotland and Ireland, whilst utterly humiliating in the short term can only be a good thing in the long term.

Robinson has been going on about referees, linesmen, and even the French band. However, had decisions gone the other way, and we had stumbled past Scotland and Ireland, then would that have been good enough? Of course not. Given the resources available, only France and the All Blacks ought to be able to challenge England. As it is, we have lost to Ireland 3 times in a row, been thrashed out of sight by everyone on the last tour of the Southern Hemisphere, and even lost to Wales and Scotland... Poor show.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #122 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 10:08:40 »

I don't see how we can be so much poorer than when we narrowly lost to New Zealand when they toured. If we play like that we could potentially win the world cup. PLay like we did in the 6 nations and we're screwed.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 10:15:26 »

Didn't your boys narrowly lose to New Zealand despite having a man advantage for the majority of the second half Si?  I wouldn't say that was a great achievement.

Good competitive six nations this year, fair play to France and Ireland, and great to see the former grand slam chumps Wales struggle so badly this time around.

Italy were excellent Berbizier has done a remarkable job, all the best to them, with a strong Italy the six nations is only going to get better and better!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #124 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 10:25:17 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Didn't your boys narrowly lose to New Zealand despite having a man advantage for the majority of the second half Si?  I wouldn't say that was a great achievement.

Good competitive six nations this year, fair play to France and Ireland, and great to see the former grand slam chumps Wales struggle so badly this time around.

Italy were excellent Berbizier has done a remarkable job, all the best to them, with a strong Italy the six nations is only going to get better and better!

If you watched the game I'd think you'd find that England should have won that but New Zealand held on extremely well. They are the best team in the world. I wasn't stating it as great achievement, but that level of performance would have easily won the six nations this time round.

Despite losing, this six nations has been very good imo. A good contest and the winner could have been anyone. England didn't deserve to win - they played pretty poorly in most of the games.
el duque

« Reply #125 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 10:27:59 »

Fundamental changes need to be made...

For instance, Robinson needs to sit down with the Front Row and simply tell them NOT to put the shove on before the ball goes in. England get done for this all the time... They simply don't need to. They have the most able front row in terms of scrummaging ability in the world, yet they keep throwing away the advantage. Had they played it legal on Saturday, Ireland would have been murdered in the scrum... as it was, they got away with it.

Crash Ball monsters who cannot kick or pass properly should not be picked at 12. Both Noon and Tindell are good players, but at 13, not 12. I would throw Tait in at 12 on the summer tour, and even consider Mike Catt or Henry Paul as experienced cover for the World Cup.
McLovin

« Reply #126 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 10:31:17 »

Was i the only Englishman wanting the Irish to beat us by more than 31 points...?
el duque

« Reply #127 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 10:42:18 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Was i the only Englishman wanting the Irish to beat us by more than 31 points...?

Assuming that means that you would prefer Ireland to win the Championship over France then no... I would prefer anyone but Ireland to win.

However, if you were hoping that a sound thrashing would mean a P45 for Andy Robinson, then I think that you would not have been the only one...
McLovin

« Reply #128 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 10:43:50 »

I can't stand the French. That was my line of thinking...
DMR

« Reply #129 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 10:47:24 »

I can't stand anyone whose not English tbh.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 11:08:31 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

If you watched the game I'd think you'd find that England should have won that but New Zealand held on extremely well. They are the best team in the world. I wasn't stating it as great achievement, but that level of performance would have easily won the six nations this time round.

But against 14 men any team should look like they derserve to win.  The fact that NZ beat England (considered 2nd or 3rd best in the world) whilst being a man down spoke volumes.  

So yes if England had played against 14 men during the whole of the six nations I would expect that they would have won the grand slam.   Wink
DMR

« Reply #131 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 11:14:07 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1235000/images/_1235948_gazz150.jpg

oh yes, debate over  Wink
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 11:37:59 »

Quote from: "el duque"

For instance, Robinson needs to sit down with the Front Row and simply tell them NOT to put the shove on before the ball goes in. England get done for this all the time... They simply don't need to. They have the most able front row in terms of scrummaging ability in the world, yet they keep throwing away the advantage. Had they played it legal on Saturday, Ireland would have been murdered in the scrum... as it was, they got away with it.

Crash Ball monsters who cannot kick or pass properly should not be picked at 12. Both Noon and Tindell are good players, but at 13, not 12. I would throw Tait in at 12 on the summer tour, and even consider Mike Catt or Henry Paul as experienced cover for the World Cup.

Please Tell me that you are Joking about Henry Paul  :shock: ,He cant get in the current Gloucester set up,In his defence Henrys Confidence must have been crushed when the Baldy ex Bath twat dragged him off after 24 minutes last time he played.Totally agree about the crash monsters. Get Perry(Bristol) at 9 and Shane Drahm at 10.We need flair in the centres not hole punchers,Someone like Tait or Simpson Daniel would suit the needs.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
el duque

« Reply #133 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 12:17:54 »

Quote from: "Foggy"
Quote from: "el duque"

Please Tell me that you are Joking about Henry Paul  :shock: ,He cant get in the current Gloucester set up,In his defence Henrys Confidence must have been crushed when the Baldy ex Bath twat dragged him off after 24 minutes last time he played.Totally agree about the crash monsters. Get Perry(Bristol) at 9 and Shane Drahm at 10.We need flair in the centres not hole punchers,Someone like Tait or Simpson Daniel would suit the needs.

Well, I'm not up on current GP form, but when I've seen him play, he has been creative. His confidence is a question of course, and he can play disastrously badly... Munster away in the HC a few years ago springs to mind, although he was playing out of position at Full Back. Still, if England are losing to some cack team in the Quarter Finals as in the last world cup, who are we going to bring on to change things. We need to have some players in the squad who offer something different.
el duque

« Reply #134 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 12:21:53 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

But against 14 men any team should look like they derserve to win.  The fact that NZ beat England (considered 2nd or 3rd best in the world) whilst being a man down spoke volumes.  

So yes if England had played against 14 men during the whole of the six nations I would expect that they would have won the grand slam.   Wink

Let's not forget that England beat the NZers in their own back yard with 13 men back in 2003. That is the kind of team that England should be producing.

At the moment, I don't think that an England XV could beat a French XIV  or even XIII in Paris... which is not good enough.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: