Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DSLR Camera  (Read 19381 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:41:27 »

Depends on the lens - if it under warranty and you tell them it isn't sharp it is free. If it's outside warranty anything between 40 and 90 squid but the service levels are excellent - for best results send your camera as well and get it calibrated to your camera.

My 12-24 is back for in calibration because I upgraded to the 7D and they won't let me have it back until it is razor sharp!!

Price list is here...

http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/support/tarrifs.pdf

Basically it's classed as a minor adjustment £37.99
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:46:25 by triseros » Logged
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:45:14 »

That's some impressive kit, triseros.
I could only afford an entry level Canon EOS (450D), but am very happy with it as i'm an absolute beginner with DSLR cameras, but I love it.
Trouble is, it's an expensive hobby to get into, i'm always finding new lenses that I want but can knowhere near afford to buy, so i'm stuck with this camera for a few years. But I would recommend it for a SLR novice like me.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:51:03 »

That's some impressive kit, triseros.
I could only afford an entry level Canon EOS (450D), but am very happy with it as i'm an absolute beginner with DSLR cameras, but I love it.
Trouble is, it's an expensive hobby to get into, i'm always finding new lenses that I want but can knowhere near afford to buy, so i'm stuck with this camera for a few years. But I would recommend it for a SLR novice like me.
It's been one of those hobbies that I've built up over time but have had to write a clause into my will that tells my other half to never sell any of my kit for what I told her I paid for it Wink

I would have loved a full frame sensor but have now set myself a goal of only spending on camera kit what I earn through taking photo's... of course I had to buy a few things first to make sure that I could look 'professional' (580 EXII flash, Manfrotto tripod etc...) Cheesy

« Last Edit: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:53:47 by triseros » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:53:28 »

If buying from Jessops make sure to check the price in store against their online price. If online is cheaper you can reserve for store collection at the cheaper price.

Same with PC World and other stores actually.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:54:35 »

If you make any investment in a lens make it the Sigma 50mm 1.4 prime lens - great pictures and really makes you think about composition as you have to become the zoom factor...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 20:59:29 »

I understand why you removed your photos earlier, but they were really good, perhaps you should start a photo thread Smiley
Dazzza

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:03:20 »

I was looking at an SLR but I'm a little bit put off with the overall size and prefer something a little more compact.  Someone recommended a hybrid as a potential happy medium.  Anyone had any experience of hybrid and are they any trout?

Cheers

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:03:49 »

I understand why you removed your photos earlier, but they were really good, perhaps you should start a photo thread Smiley

Thanks really appreciate the feedback - I like street photography; capturing life as it is without the formalities of studio or pretence of staged photographs.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:04:39 »

I looked at them briefly, compact system cameras I think, they seemed like a bit too much of a compromise from an slr for me.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:05:48 »

Please do, I'd like to see them as well!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:07:11 »

I was looking at an SLR but I'm a little bit put off with the overall size and prefer something a little more compact.  Someone recommended a hybrid as a potential happy medium.  Anyone had any experience of hybrid and are they any trout?

Cheers

It's down to personal preference, the size and weight is a burden but I know I have all the kit I need to capture the moment to a level of quality that means there is no compromise.  If you want a decent compact then this is the puppy...

http://www.canon.co.uk/For%5FHome/Product%5FFinder/Cameras/Digital%5FCamera/PowerShot/PowerShot%5FG12/
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:20:15 »

Thread for photo's...

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,43824.msg956604/topicseen.html#new
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:21:57 by triseros » Logged
Dazzza

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:22:45 »

Cheers Triseros, silly question.  At a normal range standard shot is there any visible difference betwen a 10MP SLR and Compact?

I'm a point and click merchant and carry a tiny compact everywhere but looking to upgrade and mulling over going to a DSLR.

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:29:24 »

10mp is 10mp the only difference is the lens - with the G12 you'll be set... with the option of manual override so you can do the arty stuff!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 21:34:52 »

10mp is 10mp the only difference is the lens - with the G12 you'll be set... with the option of manual override so you can do the arty stuff!

You know a lot more about photography than me, but surely there has to be other differences than resolution between cameras? Like differences in whatever handles the encoding of image from lens to digital? Colour reproduction and stuff?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: