Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doctor Who Series 30 ( I think)  (Read 12085 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 20, 2008, 23:05:28 »

I've never seen Talons of WC (abbreviating like that humours me somewhat). I've been watching a lot of Pertwee recently. It loses a lot of it's time travelling space wonderment as he's stranded on Earth quite a lot. But then it's always a bit more scary when the monsters ore on earth, it's a bit of one or the other.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 20, 2008, 23:13:05 »

I suspect Talons (trying too hard to sound like a proper whonerd) isn't nearly as frightening as I remember it, but when I watched it as a kid it was a full-on "peeping from behind the sofa trying not to fill your pants but couldn't take your eyes off it" job. As for it being more scary when the monsters are on Earth, in place of Genesis I ordered the Dalek Collection which is the two Peter Cushing as Grandpa Joe from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory does Dr Who films. Unless you have a genuine phobia of Bernard Cribbins or Roy Castle (both of which would be wholly understandable) they're just risible. Although the kids quite liked the different coloured Daleks
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 20, 2008, 23:53:17 »

the Peter Cushing jobbies aren't really doctor who though. Just pretend films. Booo. I dislike them.
fatbury

« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 21, 2008, 10:17:04 »

I love your opening piece FB .. as a Who fan myself

Series 4 of the new series has had an ok start without blowing me away - I do like Catherine Tate although she can be annoying at times shes more my age range to fancy - I hope she gets some romance in one of the stories (old romantic me you know!)

Its all building up to a Dalek and Davros and mass companions ending - Will they kill off Tennant?? Im not sure - I dont think they will but SOMEONE IS GOING TO DIE!

Im certain of it! maybe its Rose???

Good points made so far of the Dr and Donna being made Gods in BOTH the last 2 episodes - must be relevant - as is the Bees thing

Ive heard there is a classic monster in the series somewhere - not the obvious one - The Sontarans and Davros but another (bit like Macra in last series)

For the Record - Tom Baker is my top doctor - but DT is going up all the time - he has some Tom Bakerish qualities too - I hope he continues as Dr Who needs the continuity - another Doctor change would be a shame - heres hoping he does at least another 2 FULL series after the specials
flammableBen

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 16:04:57 »

And it's already back round to saturday again, ace. I got a bit freaked out last week with the split second flash of rose screaming "Doctor". Mainly because I wasn't sure that I'd seen it. Mental stuff.

So what's everybody thinking. Clone? They did a bit of a close up of his spare hand in a jar at the end of last weeks; not the most subtle thing ever; I'm thinking cloned from that.

Happy days.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 16:14:45 »

I still haven't watched any of this new doctor who. and by new I mean since they started making them again a few years ago.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 17:33:31 »

I don't have a TV so have to wait for the latest one to come up on iPlayer. Been enjoying the series so far. A little lame at times but it's all part of the fun!!! Not sure where its going but I agree that Rose will probably die. Shame really, she's rather attractive.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 18:31:37 »

Just watched an episode that I downloaded.

I think that I'll download some more.

I like the fact that that the theme tune has stayed the same. It's a pretty good Doctor as well, as in he's a bit of a nutter. I think that he should have a big fuck-off scarf though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 18:48:36 »

The whole thing is really building up to Catherine Tate saying Am I bovvered to some Dalek and getting vaporised.

Oh, I live in hope.
flammableBen

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 18:54:28 »

Which episode did you download?

There's the occasional bad episode but normally as long as you can turn of the cynical part of your brain it's good fun. There are some proper good gems of episodes. They're normally the ones written by Steven Moffat (Blink, The gas mask kiddies one and the girl in the fire place for example), who incidentally has been drafted up my Spielberg and Peter Jackson to write a trilogy of scripts for some new Tintin movies. The next Moffat episodes are a two parter starting in a couple of weeks time. Should be good.

Today's was a bit cheesy. It's only a matter of time before the Doctor goes mad from excessive exposure to lady hormones. I think he's going to go mad and hit one of them.

I think his daughter is going to fly off trying to be good and the Doctor will have to go and fix a big mess that she makes. I hope that get's left until next years specials though, it seems a bit of a waste to use up any of the remaining episodes for it. Next week is the Agatha Christie episode, then it's the Moffat two parter (could be resolved there I suppose), then it's the final 3 parter end of series madness.

Oh well, have to wait and see.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 19:02:11 »

It was some episode when some alien race was poisoning the earth through some gas in their cars. They looked like trolls.

The Doctor won, of course.

And Kudos to the beeb for keeping the tardis identical to the original as opposed to "Jazzing it up".
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 19:39:13 »

Sontar-HA!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 22:12:00 »

I quite enjoyed today's episode! I thought it would have been best for his daughter to die and that be the end of it but I suppose it depends where they take it from here!
fatbury

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 08:44:15 »

and oh my was the Doctors's daughter gorgeous!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 08:48:19 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
and oh my was the Doctors's daughter gorgeous!

That is Peter Davidson's daughter....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: