Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to offer contract to Risser  (Read 1151 times)
News Monkey

« on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 15:00:08 »

Town to offer contract to Risser

TRIALIST Oliver Risser is set to be offered a permanent deal by Swindon Town, the Advertiser understands.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9117657.Town_to_offer_contract_to_Risser/?ref=rss

NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 16:34:27 »

Well, since he's played in Norway I have a bad feeling about this deal.

Risser played for Lyn Oslo in the Tippeligaen (Norwegian Premier League) on loan from Manglerud/Star (Norwegian 2nd. division (third tier in Norway!). I don't know how he could have join Manglerud/Star in the first place, since the norwegian third tier hardly is any better than conference south/north.

Lyn Oslo took him on loan and he played around 15 games in the Norwegian Tippeligaen. He was also made Lyn Captain, maybe due to the fact that he already was captain of his National Team Namibia.

I also watched Africa Cup of Nations closely when Namibia were in the finals. I think it was in 2008. He didn't actually set the cup on fire, to be honest...

Please prove me wrong, Mr. Risser!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 17:47:38 »

I'm having flashbacks of Kim Heisselberg, Juan Cobian, Marco Tuomela et al...I sincerely hope it's unfounded Hmmm
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 17:52:51 »

I'm having flashbacks of Kim Heisselberg, Juan Cobian, Marco Tuomela et al...I sincerely hope it's unfounded Hmmm

Likewise. I immediately thought of Sebastien Ruster. These boys have spent their careers knocking about in lower leagues overseas. If PDC can quickly overcome the fact they few of them have any experience in English football and make them gel, and make them better players than they have been thus far, he'll be working minor...or not so minor.... miracles. There's clear outs and there's clear outs. Feels like we've sold a load of goods for Sainsbury's and gone for replacements at various Lidl's in Europe's backwaters. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 19:01:20 »

Bit underwhelming on paper so far. A guy who was quite good at Barnet, a guy who once played for FGR and York City, some bloke who struggled in Norway, some rookie keeper, some Scottish second division player and someone I have no idea about.

BUT it doesn't mean they can't cut it in division 4. However with Di Canio there I was expecting a few more established old heads, given his name and our supposed budget advantage over most.

But there are still 5 to come in, so we'll have to see what quality they bring too. Looking forward to the Ciren and Marine friendlies.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 19:07:38 »

Bit underwhelming on paper so far. A guy who was quite good at Barnet, a guy who once played for FGR and York City, some bloke who struggled in Norway, some rookie keeper, some Scottish second division player and someone I have no idea about.

BUT it doesn't mean they can't cut it in division 4. However with Di Canio there I was expecting a few more established old heads, given his name and our supposed budget advantage over most.

But there are still 5 to come in, so we'll have to see what quality they bring too. Looking forward to the Ciren and Marine friendlies.

Spot on. They may step up. Past experience, partiucarly expecting Juan Cobian, Heiselberg et al to be decent (and they had played for clubs in the UK before, in Heiselberg's case, second tier for Sunderland (?)) has made me a bit more cautious this time round though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 19:07:53 »

All the makings of an obscure foreigner who hardly plays a game all season.

Id say of players of this kind, only Commingues was a success recently, and he took 3 months to get used to it.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 19:14:46 »

All the makings of an obscure foreigner who hardly plays a game all season.

Id say of players of this kind, only Commingues was a success recently, and he took 3 months to get used to it.

Lecs?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 19:18:54 »

Lecs?

Fairly good shout, certainly not a failure and lots of potential, but struggled to get in the first team.

That's not meant to be a disservice, but if we are going for promotion....
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 19:20:33 »

Yeah, I know.

Not the best of examples. But still there's a point there somewhere
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 1, 2011, 19:21:55 »

Yeah, I know.

Not the best of examples. But still there's a point there somewhere

Is there?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: