Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accountability for this season  (Read 6809 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 10:23:48 »

There's a tautology at the heart of this question namely, we can't judge who is accountable for this season until it is over.

We can reflect, however, on the early season form, which is at best sketchy. That is not exactly surprising given the end of last season and the need for squad rebuilding...can we find the necessary consistency?  No idea, but we've a winnable game coming up, so let's focus on that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 10:46:26 »

we don't look as good as last season and anyone who believes everything wil be alright needs to pull their heads from their backsides

Things get better but they never get good
Panda Paws

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 10:49:16 »

Reg it's rare i agree with you, but your final point is a good one. We now need to focus on Orient this weekend, a very winnable game, and then on to Yeovil.

Dave, no we don't look as good as last season yet, but "everything will be alright", I've got every confidence that we will be in the mix if we can keep the majority of our important players fit.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 10:59:39 »

Who takes accountability for our fans being so fucking moany?

Did we the fans really apprieciate the fantastic football we played the second half of last season?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:04:27 »

Who takes accountability for our fans being so fucking moany?

The world was a happier place when we could blame Ralphy for such things...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:12:39 »

Fact is all of us fans see things in a various light.....am i happy with this season so far...no is the answer if i am honest.
Good wins v Gas,Hudds and Saints and it is much too early to go doom and gloom on this season...for fuks sake we could end up winning the FA Cup!

For me we havn't replaced Paynter and we play to many styles of football for our players to play consistent.....JPM must wonder what the fuck he is doing most weeks....We got good money for Cox and decent money for Greer and some of it should have been used to replace Paynter.
The old chestnut about players wages dont wash....Greer and Paynter were on good money here so there wages were freed up.
So for me untill we buy a decent striker or two i wont be completly happy.
Spencer_White

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:36:14 »

The world was a happier place when we could blame Ralphy for such things...

My dad wants to move his season ticket in the middle of the South stand because he says the whinging starts at KO and rarely ends before FT. Hes been to a lot of games, over a long period, but its his first season ticket.

I accept that there is some underachievement going on at the moment. This seasons games against Orient, Brentford and Dagenham have been a big dissapointment. I think its right we have a small squad, focus on quality, cut out the wasted wages, but weve had a lot of injuries, including our most important player out for a month. With Peterborough and Brighton weve been narrowly beaten by two teams who will battle it out for the league. Yes, Wilson has also had to change the formation to this diamond, which I dont like, but again thats making do with a small squad.

But the quality is there and we can make the top 6. At the end of the season, if we are top half and not in the play offs, that is not a disaster. Yes, going down would be a disaster, but so would it be to lose a good manager to fans persistant whinging and then find we cant get anyone near as good to take the role. Lets see what the lads can do over the next 5 games? Lets see what commitment and desire the lads can produce against teams they need to beat.

What really annoys me is some of the fans apathy I saw towards the end of last season. A season, that was a classic in modern STFC history. Why are the fans turning so quick? Where is the loyalty?
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:42:31 by Spencer_White » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:48:17 »

My dad wants to move his season ticket in the middle of the South stand because he says the whinging starts at KO and rarely ends before FT. Hes been to a lot of games, over a long period, but its his first season ticket.

I accept that there is some underachievement going on at the moment. This seasons games against Orient, Brentford and Dagenham have been a big dissapointment. I think its right we have a small squad, focus on quality, cut out the wasted wages, but weve had a lot of injuries, including our most important player out for a month. With Peterborough and Brighton weve been narrowly beaten by two teams who will battle it out for the league. Yes, Wilson has also had to change the formation to this diamond, which I dont like, but again thats making do with a small squad.

But the quality is there and we can make the top 6. At the end of the season, if we are top half and not in the play offs, that is not a disaster. Yes, going down would be a disaster, but so would it be to lose a good manager to fans persistant whinging and then find we cant get anyone near as good to take the role. Lets see what the lads can do over the next 5 games? Lets see what commitment and desire the lads can produce against teams they need to beat.

What really annoys me is some of the fans apathy I saw towards the end of last season. A season, that was a classic in modern STFC history.

Spence...Man U have arguably the best manager in the game...been the most succesfull side for years.......but i guarantee that after there match v West Brom the fans would have been venting there frustrations,its not just Swindon fans its global..............fans pay big money to watch there teams home and away these days,if they want to whinge thats there perogative.
If it gets personal i think that is a different matter and i wouldnt hold back in telling an individual to shut up if i hear obscenities ie race etc.
Duke was a player in case..........took awfull personal abuse..sad days.
Get used to it Spence............if your in for the long haul like me it has always and will be always the same.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:51:04 »

That really adds fuck all to your argument.

I'm sure Wilson wants to go one better, hell, we all do. However, just because Wilson says it doesn't mean we all have to believe we can go one better.

The team and squad aren't as good as last season. We won't go on an amazing unbeaten run like last season November onwards. We won't make the play offs unless we do fantastic business in January.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:59:00 »

I'm sure Wilson wants to go one better, hell, we all do. However, just because Wilson says it doesn't mean we all have to believe we can go one better.

The team and squad aren't as good as last season. We won't go on an amazing unbeaten run like last season November onwards. We won't make the play offs unless we do fantastic business in January.

I understand that, but it's all about whether you believe Wilson can do that bit of business. I don't think we're a million miles away from where we need to be, nor do I think our squad is significantly weaker than last season. Sure, we lost 2 key players, but the players Wilson has brought in so far, Prutton, Rose, Ball and Ritchie, are starting to show what they're capable of.

At the beginning of the season everyone wanted a new, experienced CB, then Morrison came in and we were ok apart from a backup. Now everyone wants a new CB playing.

Pericard was apparently shit at the start of the season, he covered for Charlie quite well, got important goals and people began to re-think. Now, he's shit again?

Too many people on here only see in monochrome.

It's All Good..............
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:19:26 »

We won't this, we won't that...

We're one player away from being as good or better than last season - replace Paynter with a goal scorer = frightening attack.  Can't do that, ok, replace Greer with an experienced CB, preferably with a little bit of pace = decent defense.  (disclaimer - so long as we can keep hold of Ritchie...)

If we can get both then we easily have one of the best six teams in division.

I just don't get the point of doom and gloom at this stage, it's just not good for you.

I'm never going to be one of those people who uses football as a scapegoat for their lives, unfortunately as a nation far too many people do.  There are far too many people out there who are desperate for something to moan about and I'm sure it's an addiction otherwise those people would find another past time?

If you really do have to rely on the performance of other people to validate your life then there's something wrong.

Don't interpret that as a lack of passion on my part, I just don't see it as a reason to be down for weeks at a time if we lose on Saturday.  I used to be like that a bit when I was younger and took poor performances personally - it made me feel shit and it was stupid.

Yes, you pay the money you can say what you want about it but why pay the money just so you can have a go?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:23:04 »

"Too many people on here only see in moanochrome."

Fixed it for you.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:27:38 »

Fuck me, people moaning about people moaning.

No team is a perfect team, there are always areas to improve. Whether you interpret an observation as a moan is up to you. In my eyes a fan that identifies weaknesses for in which the team can improve has got it more right than a fan that always thinks the team is perfect and does not moan/observe areas to be improved..

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:32:45 »

Fuck me, people moaning about people moaning.
Well I'm fucking sick of you moaning about people moaning about people moaning Smiley
jb

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:34:10 »

Well I'm fucking sick of you moaning about people moaning about people moaning Smiley

I'm not moaning i'm 'observing'  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: