Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accountability for this season  (Read 6809 times)
Moose

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 23:26:55 »

In my eyes, we've regressed massively from last season. Players have left and not been replaced. The system has changed resulting in players not playing in their best position. Should anyone be held to account for this? The new board and Danny Wilson have improved this club massively on and off the pitch since they took over and that shouldn't be forgotten. But football is a results business. We're a long way off from being promotion material at the moment, when we were nearly there last season. So far 10/11 has been one step forward, two steps back. Has Danny Wilson massively misjudged his squad, or has he not been backed?

Is there a point where as a fanbase should start to ask questions? Or in light of how the club has improved, should we just keep accepting 'we'll be better next week'? I don't want to jump the gun and be too negative too soon, but I'm just a little fed up of the same excuses each week. Last season showed such promise for the future and it just seems to have been thrown away.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 07:06:03 »

We've just scored four, away, against a recently demoted side. Our striker has just returned from a month injured and we just beat Rovers (a feat our perfect side of last season not only couldn't manage, but fucked up twice).

A little perspective required perhaps? Suicide
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 07:15:48 »

"Take the scissors away from you wrists."

It wasn't until about this time last season that we started putting runs together so don't panic just yet. No one's running away with it either so not the end of the world.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 08:05:16 »

for fucks sake
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 08:20:04 »

last season was a one off, just like 03/04.

Of course the majority of fault lies with the players who are under performing and the manager who went into the season with an incomplete squad who he has playing a different formation every week. We've not got a settled formation or starting XI - which was one of our strongest points last season.

Most of all its our fault for believing the guff Wilson fed us at the start of the season about wanting to go one better this season and what not. The club set our expectations high and like the mugs that we are, we believed it.

but you know blah blah blah saved the club blah blah blah, going backwards blah blah blah is better than having the old owners blah blah blah the club mantra for life blah blah

*Bangkok red sarcastic comment about how we are all ridiculous*

*flammableBen off topic nonsense*

*usual wrist cutting jokes*

End
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 08:31:32 »

I actually agree with Dave.

Honestly.

No joke.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 08:35:11 »

Most of all its our fault for believing the guff Wilson fed us at the start of the season about wanting to go one better this season and what not. The club set our expectations high and like the mugs that we are, we believed it.

So Wilson doesn't want to go one better? Sometimes you talk complete shit.

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 08:38:48 »

4 points worse off than at the same point last season......

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 09:02:13 »

I want to win the Euromillions.

Doesn't mean you have  to believe I am going to win it
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 09:12:59 »

I want to win the Euromillions.

Doesn't mean you have  to believe I am going to win it

That really adds fuck all to your argument.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 09:14:03 »

4 points worse off than at the same point last season......

How dare you inject reasoning into this thread.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 10:00:40 »

I've always said, and still believe, that after the Christmas games is when we'll know how well we can do. We will always lose games but what annoys me is how fickle our fans are.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 10:10:07 »

I really think we're on the up at the moment. We really shouldn't read too much into yesterday. They are a top top side at this level and will push for the title, no doubt. We ran them seriously close and if their keeper hadnt pulled off three worldies or JPM actually shot rather than dribble the ball back to the GK when clean through we could have nicked it. We showed great fight and creativity at times, and there are huge positives to take from yesterday.

Before yesterday we were joint top of the form table with 4 wins from 6. We'll be in the playoff mix again this season so long as we can field our strongest 18 more often than not.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 10:16:23 »

I agree with you PP, the only time I've seen where we've actually played poorly was at Dagenham. Yesterday was a cracking game, and will live long in the memory, way more so than the win against Southampton for example. I'm convinced we'll be in the mix at the end.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 10:21:33 »

Agree with you both.

If we had defended like we had for most of our games this year then we would have got 3 points yesterday.

I thought we were really threatining going forward yesterday and it looked like we would score every time we go forward.

And with Charlie, Sheenhan and Caddis back, i see no reason why we cant push on, we just need that consistencey. The next 4 games are really important for our season.

Lets just hope Dougie and Lucas werent seriously injured.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: