Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver in the bin tonight.  (Read 6384 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:07:26 »

on the plus side, it isn't a fucking bell
deltaincline

« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:19:09 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

Now then, if someone starts dinging a fucking bell as well (like that annoying plastic cunt at Portsmouth) I'm off.
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:31:21 »

I went bell ringing a bit in my youth. It was a bit of an odd thing to do, I'd never had any connections with the church, just went along with a mate. Big Church bells this is. The ones in the roof at Christ Church, with the big ropes hanging down.

I'd like to say that it's good fun or interesting. However that wouldn't be completely true.  It's takes a lot of skill to do. You have to know when you're next ringing the bell after the one you're ringing so you can get the rhythm right. But in general it's a bit dull

You know how there's songs in the same key which sound the same? Like Streets of London and Don't look back in Anger (although now I can't sing the former in my head, oh I can...  let me take you by the do and lead you de da streets do london). Well as you've got only 8, maybe 10 bells (they're in the roof it's difficult to change them over), every peal (I think that's what they call it) sounds pretty much the same.

I have no idea where this bell ringing story is going... oooh yeah....
Bell ringing is really good exercise as long as you're not very good at it. Having a swinging massively heavy weight above your head helps concentration. I was a natural at it, like I am at everything. Brilliant fB.

Oh and when your mate is a bit stupid, and in the bell ringing break they're deciding who wins the noughts and crosses inevitable draw by the number of marks each has on the board, you know something's wrong. I kept quiet about the going first super win advantage.

Random days.
sonic youth

« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:36:36 »

bell ringing can be quite dangerous too.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:37:47 »

Those horns in the arkells against Walsall were enough to do my head in. A drum would just be 10 times worse.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 02:40:30 »

i like the old style scarfs.its a bit of a craze sweeping football at the moment so why not here?
 shall we stop singing chants that other clubs do aswell?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 07:21:47 »

I agree with the drums, its going to do my nut in!

Spencer_White

« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:18:06 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i like the old style scarfs.its a bit of a craze sweeping football at the moment so why not here?

Its just another fake thing in football. Its fake old, not real old. Its all part of picking and choosing the bits of football history you do or dont want to remmember. By the time we start wearing them the whole fad will be over anyway.

Just thoroughly disgusted by a lot of things in and around football at the moment.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:22:21 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
If anyone starts banging a fucking drum near where I sit in the kingswood they'll get a shoeing.

As someone else said; Drums are for cunts.

I bet they won't. I bet everyone will just either grumble to themselves, moan to a friend or maybe tell the drummer to shut up which will probably go ignored.

Although if you actually do walk the walk and give them a nice shoeing then fair play, just make sure his head goes through the drum as well so the lesson is learnt.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:25:00 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
Quote from: "sonic youth"

Now then, if someone starts dinging a fucking bell as well (like that annoying plastic cunt at Portsmouth) I'm off.

You do know that 'plastic cunt' has been watching Portsmouth for about 30 years or something ridiculous like that?! Although the bell is annoying, but then again most things about Portsmouth are annoying. It was even worse when he had the trumpet!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:33:38 »

Nothing beats the atmosphere created by supporters being stuck together singing their hearts out. Not some twat banging a drum, what next those kazoo like things that the Indian supporters have at cricket matches?

I come from a land down-under
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:42:40 »

Drums at football matches make me cringe.  They're almost as embarrassing as having a match day PA system announcer call 'Come on you Reds' over the tannoy and expect the whole ground to obediently join in.

If anyone ever brings a drum in to the Town End, they should be immediately directed to the Link Centre and ordered to watch ice hockey.  No place in football.  Ever.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 09:52:32 »

It would be nice if they were just banned altogether from the County Ground. Cheltenham were probably the worst with the repetitive thud thud thud. Does my head in.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 10:50:17 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "arriba"

Its just another fake thing in football. Its fake old, not real old. Its all part of picking and choosing the bits of football history you do or dont want to remmember. By the time we start wearing them the whole fad will be over anyway.

Just thoroughly disgusted by a lot of things in and around football at the moment.

Not seen anything on this, so excuse my ignorance, but I used to like the old style scarf wearing and still don;t quite know why it's stopped.  probably because they became shit and expensive.  I'm all for decent basic club colour scarves though, I'd buy a simple red and white one without too many words and badges etc on it.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 10:55:18 »

I still think one of the worst things about pre match build up is "Make some noise for the Swindon Boys".  Cringeworthy. The red and white dynamite isn't much better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: