Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver in the bin tonight.  (Read 6383 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 21:34:50 »

Cant believe anyone is sanctioning bringing a drum to games. For a start its plastic, we are the fans. And we will decide if we want a drum and if we dont. If the club want to control all fans they should get some ghetto blasters and a murial. Were not fucking Reading, we can make our own minds up.

Also gutted they have brought out those gay scaves the premiershit fans wear. Was hoping we would just bypass that fad completely. Its a pathetic attempt by fans who know nothing and care little of the history of the game to look 'old school'. I cant remmember scarves looking like that.

And for all you nippers who think drums are the answer, drums are a shortcut to some noise. And just like all shortcuts they are no where near as the real thing/doing it properly. You end up with 30 lads trying to sing being ruined by one teenager with a drum.

Drums are also for teams who have always had and always will have SHIT SUPPORT. Dont be tempted. You may get a kicking.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 21:39:00 »

I think we should substitute a kicking for a beating.

Shit joke aside, I wholeheartedly agree. Someone will bring one though. We'll probably end up with a whole army of drummers  Sad
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 21:42:43 »

What are these scarves?

Things get better but they never get good
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 21:49:22 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
What are these scarves?

They are garments that keep your neck warm on chilly days Dave.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:07:02 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
What are these scarves?

Its a strip of knitted wool in club colours that you wear tied around your wrist when you're a young un....makes you a scarfer.  Wink
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:10:21 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Cant believe anyone is sanctioning bringing a drum to games. For a start its plastic, we are the fans. And we will decide if we want a drum and if we dont. If the club want to control all fans they should get some ghetto blasters and a murial. Were not fucking Reading, we can make our own minds up.

Also gutted they have brought out those gay scaves the premiershit fans wear. Was hoping we would just bypass that fad completely. Its a pathetic attempt by fans who know nothing and care little of the history of the game to look 'old school'. I cant remmember scarves looking like that.

And for all you nippers who think drums are the answer, drums are a shortcut to some noise. And just like all shortcuts they are no where near as the real thing/doing it properly. You end up with 30 lads trying to sing being ruined by one teenager with a drum.

Drums are also for teams who have always had and always will have SHIT SUPPORT. Dont be tempted. You may get a kicking.

could u get anymore ott, if it creates atmosphere then im for it end of. dont give a fuck if its a short cut to getting people singing, if its used in the correct way to the songs.
Barry Scott

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:36:25 »

Drums suck arse. They're the ultimate plastic accessory. I'm with Spencer on this.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:37:08 »

I'm not putting my adver in the bin, there's a job in there I might apply for.  :shock:
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:38:32 »

fucking spot on that man!!

Drums are for CUNTS. end of discussion.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 22:49:44 »

seconded. or about seventhed by now.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 23:28:02 »

I agree - drums are crap.

Not sure what you're on about with the 'Premiership look' scarves though....
flammableBen

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 23:46:33 »

I also have no idea about this scarves malachi. Although I've never been much of a fan of the fashion item in question. They either make my neck itch, or I get confused whilst tying them and end up sectioned after an accidental suicide attempt.

On the subject of drums, they can work with those mental Brazilian types and their rhythm madness. But English people don't really have the beat, which is clearly shown with the way we lose time with even the simplest of football songs. Oh, and the way we play football. What's the point of a drum if it's only going to beat faster and faster to the stupid speeding up that certain clapping sections do? Answer = annoying.

They should shut off the disabled sections for well conducted steel drum bands around the pitch. That would be awesome, and would give you something to watch whilst the football is shit and you're thinking about how much you want a cigarette. Better than counting the non-working floodlight bulbs, or watching the flocks of birds fly around.
deltaincline

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 23:50:00 »

If anyone starts banging a fucking drum near where I sit in the kingswood they'll get a shoeing.

As someone else said; Drums are for cunts.
SwindonStevo

« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:00:50 »

agreed, what a load of shite. fuck drums, they are wank. drums are for shite clubs with shite fans e.g. lower end of the spectrum Yeovil and Rushden, upper Wigan and Reading. Bollocks!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 29, 2008, 00:05:49 »

Quote from: "singingiiiffy"

could u get anymore ott, if it creates atmosphere then im for it end of. dont give a fuck if its a short cut to getting people singing, if its used in the correct way to the songs.

Yes but it doesn't create atmosphere it kills it. Look at all the places drums get used - that's right, where they don't have singing, it's a substitute for, and discourages, genuine atmosphere. Atmosphere is when the crowd are buzzing and it's just electric - you can't fake that. Drums are for plastics and just serve to kill the atmosphere (unless your idea of atmosphere is some spotty chav with a drum, in which case I'd suggest you get a job with the BBC/Sky Sports)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: