Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 543775 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3075 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 12:36:42 »

I’m thinking this.
Not just the footballing side, the season tickets, safety certificates, pitch. maintenance and plenty more.
The EFL need to support this one.
Tomorrow was the expectation when all this was a done deal. It simply has to get done.

I suppose a safety certificate wont get issued as I assume there is a cost, we can't put on any games as nobody is getting paid and the agency recruiting the stewards are probably owed money, there can be no hospitality, as nobody is paying for the food etc.

Everything has a knock on effect, surprised the players are able to train at Calne.

I cant see any of the 6 that played last night wanting to leave on the 14 day non payment as chances are they would be training elsewhere if they wanted to leave.

Assume Grounds & Payne are training elsewhere and will leave under the 14 day rule.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3076 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 12:44:54 »

That the EFL aren't seeing the urgency is a little concerning I mean staff haven't been paid for 2 weeks now. Time really is of the essence. People are suffering because of this.

I know we have had issues with the Football League before, but do we think they are delaying the process knowing what the likely outcome for us is?

Or maybe it’s just that they aren’t “Fit & Proper” to run football.

Do we think it would take this long if it were a bigger fish?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3077 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 12:52:13 »

I know we have had issues with the Football League before, but do we think they are delaying the process knowing what the likely outcome for us is?

Or maybe it’s just that they aren’t “Fit & Proper” to run football.

Do we think it would take this long if it were a bigger fish?

I still think the FL are stuck between a rock and a hard place, between doing it properly and rushing it to save the club.

There remains the elephant in the room of the outstanding charges, which like it or not relate to a period when Clem was a part owner and director of the club, so they will not want to do anything that prejudices that, plus do we know whether Clem is planning to fund 100% from his cash or does he have other backers, if its the latter that will all neeed checking out, add to the fact that the club do not seem to have really done paperwork for c.7 years, so how easy is this all going to be to audit?

They need to extract their finger, but with a dispassionate head on I can see why its taking time.

Oh and then it remains on Power to play ball......  

I think its getting well into tin foil hat territory to start thinking the FL are acting in any way 'because its Swindon Town', but as the hours pass I become ever more resigned to an unpalatable outcome.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 12:54:56 by horlock07 » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #3078 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 12:52:30 »

Wish he would fuck off and NOW.

It shouldnt affect me and i know it will get resolved, but fuck me, its playing havoc with my mental health. Not good.

For that alone, hate him
I've been pretty miserable for the last few weeks and it hadn't even occurred to me til recently that this is a huge reason as to why

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3079 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 12:55:00 »

It’s the constant checking that’s doing my head in. Every half hour I’m checking Twitter or coming on here, been doing it for nearly 2 weeks now.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3080 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 13:03:04 »

Just randomly thought I’d lighten the mood. Drove through Barnard Castle an hour or so ago. Eyesight perfect. 😁
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3081 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 13:21:39 »

soapy tit wank.

but you should only do that if you think you may have had covid, and coincidentally, it's your wife's birthday
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3082 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 14:12:38 »

I’m thinking this.
Not just the footballing side, the season tickets, safety certificates, pitch. maintenance and plenty more.
The EFL need to support this one.
Tomorrow was the expectation when all this was a done deal. It simply has to get done.
Is anyone even looking after the pitch at the moment? Just a couple of weeks without any cutting or watering could wreck it for the whole season.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3083 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 14:30:02 »

Will Fowler (head of media) gone, hopefully to someone who will pay him. Might be the end of the club Twitter account for a while.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #3084 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 14:30:26 »

The media chap has left town, tweeted about 30mins ago.
china red

« Reply #3085 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 14:33:12 »

Is anyone even looking after the pitch at the moment? Just a couple of weeks without any cutting or watering could wreck it for the whole season.

Think Cassidy must be out of prison, he added me on Twitter earlier in the week, hopefully he’s looking after the pitch again.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3086 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 14:43:11 »

Think Cassidy must be out of prison, he added me on Twitter earlier in the week, hopefully he’s looking after the pitch again.
He is out yeah but not sure he’s still at the club or who would even get him back working.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #3087 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 14:49:17 »

The media chap has left town, tweeted about 30mins ago.

Can't be many left at this point.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3088 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 15:04:30 »

add to the fact that the club do not seem to have really done paperwork for c.7 years, so how easy is this all going to be to audit?

Is this a clue that the inland revenue are also getting their claws in ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3089 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 15:27:34 »

Is this a clue that the inland revenue are also getting their claws in ??.

Not any sort of ITK from me, just a rough calculation that Power got his mitts on it 2013?
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: